Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best free game out

ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472
Stacks are annoying, you know 20 people standing together with 6 priests but other than that shadowbane is very fun pvp when done in small scale. (non bane)

I think they should tone down ALL AoE dmg and ALL aoe heals and pvp would be awesome. Kill off the stacks and you have a great game imo.

Comments

• HellsWizardHellsWizard Member Posts: 44

there are several ingame mechanics, not to mention class/discipline powers that can be used to handle stack fighting.

Infact, guilds who still use stack fights are rather easy to beat.

• l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
    stacks are defeated by aoe's, thats and the use of hotkeys to target your enemy (lets face it, in a large bane its not uncommon to not even to be able to see your enemy even unstacked)
  • ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472
    Stacks are retarded and of course the AOE'ers are using it while stacked so your solution isnt one. They could also do away with group heals and that should remove the need to "stack" players.

Too be honest it reminds me of how they used to fight wars back in the 1600's when two army's would line up and shoot each other. Dumb.
  • l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
    The solution would be to add collision detection, but that involves fixing shadowbane and for some reason they never fix the problems that need fixing but instead fix only what works.

Players stack up because when an aoe goes off it can only effect 8 players. So if everyone stacks up, the aoe's would only kill 8 players at a time.

The sad part is the only way to kill a stack is with another bigger stack with aoes and heals.

Stacks eliminate the need for skill in pvp and are used often.
  • jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120

My guild would use a group of fully buffed, defensive suicide sentinals to rush the stack and let loose with their big bombs, causing everyone to either scatter or die. Then the rest of the would clean up. Was a nice tactic on the lore server being a holy/church guild. Not sure how effective it would be on other servers or with any changes that have happened since we last played.

• DubonEngevenDubonEngeven Member Posts: 96
    You would think that may work, but really it doesnt work too well, if your groups dead not much you can do anyway. Sentinals are easy to disable before the bomb is released.

• lauxeslauxes Member Posts: 88
    stacks, ROFLMAO....whoever stacks now, besides LOD, are noobs...they dont work
    Everyone stacks, even at mines. Its the main thing I dont like about the game and will drive me away. (assuming you can look past the shit graphics and bugs).

I still think its the best free game out, and small scale pvp in hot zones 2 vs 2 , 1 v 3 , 4 vs 4 etc an be very fun.

Note: if your going to play the only good server left is vindication (loreplay).

Mourning: all the hacked,duped,fc gear ended up here on this trashcan.

Wrath: was good but the asians are establishing control. RIP Wrath.

Redemption and Braialla: 97% asian control. These two servers "died" average population 20-50 total.

• NiaxNiax Member Posts: 84

Im guessin that most of the people who played shadow bane have heard of dark fall. If not then darkfall is a game that is still i development, there is much debate about whether it's vapor ware or pure genuis. Its top features are Open pvp (no safe zones anywere),an extensive crafting system, collision detecting (thats right no stacking), and its skill based (no levels).

ps: sorry for all the:( ) i assume some people here might not get my point.

Too be honest I think most of the shadowbane players are looking at Conan and some may be considering WAR. Personally i think WAR will suck, because well.......EA + WoW_clone_version_94869759 /yawn.
  • NiaxNiax Member Posts: 84
    Lol thats fine but we all know the everyone is gonna be playin darkfall when it comes out. The flamers all will put away their pride to play the only PVP game worth mentioning
  • ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    Originally posted by Niax

Lol thats fine but we all know the everyone is gonna be playin darkfall when it comes out. The flamers all will put away their pride to play the only PVP game worth mentioning

thats if it comes out. And if they put in all the features they said they will. And it its not all bugged to hell

Mourning, Dark and Light, Roma Victor, all made big promises. how did those turn out?

• jaymanxjaymanx Member Posts: 28
    Seems like alot of empy promisses going around its getting rather anoying waitng for the next big title. Who Knows maybe AoC will be the next vanguard, no one will know until its due time.
    It would be difficult to make a game as bad as Vanguard, you would almost have to "screw" it on purpose.
  • random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765
    Originally posted by Niax

Darkfall the only PvP game worth mentioning? Did you get the all hardcorez tingly feeling in the inside when you wrote that? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing personal with you, I'm just still amazed people believe in DF after all this time, and after AoC on the horizon.
  • random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765
    Originally posted by Shazzel

It would be difficult to make a game as bad as Vanguard, you would almost have to "screw" it on purpose.
    I don't think planning to screw your own game over nets you a result as bad as VG, only "TEH VISION" can do that.