Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deadmeat sais theres thousands of more Players

forgot were but on the swg forums deadmeat said they had thousands of new subscribers after chapter 6 came out any one notice more people playing?

Comments

• SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539

There's been a steady rise of new and re-joining players in SWG for at least five months now.

Several of the servers are hitting heavy now.

• deputy1389deputy1389 Member Posts: 60
    well im glad to see more people playing swg
  • KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

Here you go:

Producer Note - June 8th, 2007
    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?&topic_id=360316

Somewhere in the beginning few pages people starting asking about numbers and DM responds.

• DarkstryderDarkstryder Member Posts: 207

Station pass and trial accounts will add to the subscription numbers. A new chapter too is gonna add folk I suppose for a short while.

But until $OE release numbers its safe to assume the numbers are embarrassingly low for a Star Wars game.

50k is being overly generous I would bet. The dev never said vastly low when he commented on it. So it could be vastly wrong as in only 10-20k subcribers which are none station pass and free trials.

Either way every month that the NGE rumbles on is a crime to the Star Wars name.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Darkstryder

Station pass and trial accounts will add to the subscription numbers. A new chapter too is gonna add folk I suppose for a short while.
    But until $OE release numbers its safe to assume the numbers are embarrassingly low for a Star Wars game.
    50k is being overly generous I would bet. The dev never said vastly low when he commented on it. So it could be vastly wrong as in only 10-20k subcribers which are none station pass and free trials.
    Either way every month that the NGE rumbles on is a crime to the Star Wars name.

Nope, not trial accounts ;)

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=75&topic_id=360316&#3989558

• DarkstryderDarkstryder Member Posts: 207
    Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Darkstryder

Nope, not trial accounts ;)

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=75&topic_id=360316&#3989558

He can say its not trial accounts or station pass if he likes. Doesn't mean its true.

Remember the silent majority loved the NGE when it was released, yet SWG's numbers crashed and burned. Why was that? $OE wouldn't lie would they?

• crlumpkincrlumpkin Member Posts: 52
    Jesus H Christ, would you people give it a rest.  I play the game on Kauri and Bria.  Bria is suppose to be the most populated server now.  From someone who STILL PLAYS total number of people I see on Bria is 50 - 80 people in three given areas:  Mos Eisley Starport, Mos Eisley Cantina and Rori Restuss.  Between 10 - 20 of those are AFK.  The rest of the planets are DEAD except for a sporadic 1-2 players running around.

Trying to bring in unknowing people with population lies is wrong.  Those are the numbers period, I play, well really just fart around.  Jump in pay your $15 bucks and thats what you will see.  Now if thats what your looking for in an mmorpg then go for it.

From someone who would love to see 1000's more on one server, really the game dead. 
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    I disagree with Crumpy. Chilastra definitely is not dead. I even have people showing up out in the middle of nowhere doing the same quests as me. I have noticed a increase of players just in the past month.
  • OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

It has been going somewhat steady since Jan 2006. Fluctuating between 5200 - 6200 h/month. Those that didn't like the game (NGE) has left rest are still enjoying it and more will come.

Jan-2006

May-2006

May-2007

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by deputy1389

forgot were but on the swg forums deadmeat said they had thousands of new subscribers after chapter 6 came out any one notice more people playing?

easy to answer, no.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    I dont know why anyone cares how many people are playing the game. Obviously it has enough people to turn a profit.  I dont care if 8.5 million people were playing it I still wouldn't like it. So sub numbers are pretty much pointless to me.
  • jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124
        Yes, I've noticed a lot of people playing on Valcyn. Quite more than there was anyways. Now, if they can hold them is the question. Keep up the great work dev's.
  • jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by GreenHell

I dont know why anyone cares how many people are playing the game. Obviously it has enough people to turn a profit.  I dont care if 8.5 million people were playing it I still wouldn't like it. So sub numbers are pretty much pointless to me.
          People care cause its a MMO and they play the game to interact with other people and get things done in it. Especially since ch6 where every things a lot harder. We need groups again, thats why people care
  • DarthMaulUKDarthMaulUK Member Posts: 296
    If you can't see the marked difference in more people playing, then you must be running around with your eyes closed. Its very clear - also on the forums, there's a lot of veterans coming back to try out Beast Master. Overall, chapter 6 has been a great success and could go on to be the most important chapter that changed Galaxies, moving it in the right direction

get your 7 day FREE sub to SWTOR
    http://www.swtor.com/r/7DDKjQ

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    After the NGE they must have no place to go but up, eh? 

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    If there is a surge happening, the real test will be after 30 days and how many stick, not whats in the pot right now. Its a bit premature to be announcing an increase in subs IMHO. (with no numbers to back it up. I'm a numbers guy, without hard stats its just yapping) It always bothered me that SOE was never scared to brag about sub numbers when EQ was king of the hill then they refused to talk about it with any game since it lost its status as top dog a few years back.

There are definitly more players in game lately though, I guess we will see ....
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Back in my day we respected Vets    You rotten kids these days!!

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• sgtweppssgtwepps Member Posts: 207
    We respect vets that tell the truth, Vets that lie and say the game is 1) dying 2) noone plays, We disrespect.
  • GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Originally posted by jay8378

People care cause its a MMO and they play the game to interact with other people and get things done in it. Especially since ch6 where every things a lot harder. We need groups again, thats why people care

If you come to these boards to find out the population of a game you are playing there is a problem. You play the game. You see how many people are on. How many subs the game has spead over x amount of servers does very little for you trying to find a group.  Infact I know people that play WoW on low population servers that have a hard time finding groups. I guess that having the knowledge that WoW has 8.5 million subs didn't really help them any. Just like all the charts and numbers that get thrown around here wont do a thing for you.  50k or 5 million it will depend on when you play and the server you are on more than how many subs the game has.

• dongindongin Member Posts: 13

That sounds like a pretty stupid comment to me... Why wouldn´t people care about how many people who is playing a mmorpg? Not many want to spend money being alone in a multiplayer game. That you don´t like the game has nothing to do with it.
  • amaedictamaedict Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by wormywyrm

Back in my day we respected Vets    You rotten kids these days!!

I have been playing for over 3 years, i claimed my 3 year reward over a month ago, so infact you should respect me as i have been playing the whole time, not b!tching and lying about what i don't know.
  • johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by crlumpkin

From someone who STILL PLAYS total number of people I see on Bria is 50 - 80 people in three given areas:  Mos Eisley Starport, Mos Eisley Cantina and Rori Restuss.  Between 10 - 20 of those are AFK.  The rest of the planets are DEAD except for a sporadic 1-2 players running around.
    I quit the game right before JTL came out and came back in Feb 07.  I cancelled in April mainly due to population issues, lack of content, and the sad state of player crafted items.

Gone are the days of crazy fun in Bestine or Theed.  Cities are like ghost towns now.  Every time I logged in I would reminisce about the old days and get sad.
  • HuriaHuria Member Posts: 311
    Dev: "We have been getting thousands of more subs since the last patch"

Pre-CU Vet: "Lying he has no proof"

Random guy "Where's your proof"

Pre-CU Vet: "He lies cant you see, there is no way"

Random guy "So again where is your proof"

Pre-CU Vet: "Well..uh...THE NGE SUCKS"
  • OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by jay8378

If you come to these boards to find out the population of a game you are playing there is a problem. You play the game. You see how many people are on. How many subs the game has spead over x amount of servers does very little for you trying to find a group.  Infact I know people that play WoW on low population servers that have a hard time finding groups. I guess that having the knowledge that WoW has 8.5 million subs didn't really help them any. Just like all the charts and numbers that get thrown around here wont do a thing for you.  50k or 5 million it will depend on when you play and the server you are on more than how many subs the game has.

I would like to add.

Even if you play on a server in WoW that has a queue from time to time, I mean a full server. That does not guarantee that you'll find a group. Can't count those hours spent grinding in wait for getting an instance group going, likewise for questing.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• milton1970milton1970 Member Posts: 347

Logged onto Bria about 4 times this weekend.

Restuss was very very quiet

I doubt I'll be resubbing after the trial finishes, maybe when they do the trial for the next chapter, but for right now no thanks

This discussion has been closed.