Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New info on Aions's release.

ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061
Jaeho Lee, CFO of NCsoft, said, “In preparation for growth of the global online game market, NCsoft has set up a development system with the ability to launch more than one major MMO game and several casual game titles every year. To accomplish this goal and establish a strong product pipeline, we plan on 18% year to year increase in the development budget this year as well. After several years of spending on development costs, we believe the fruits of those labors will finally begin paying off soon. NCsoft is excited about the prospects for our gaming community at the end of this year when we expect to launch two highly anticipated products, Tabula Rasa™ from Richard Garriott and Aion™.”

Full service for Aion is expected to launch in Korea at the end of 2007.

NCsoft reports fourth quarter sales of KRW 90.2 billion, net profit of KRW 18.7 billion;

Plans to service major game titles including Aion and Tabula Rasa in 2007

Read full article here..

http://www.ncsoft.com/eng/NCPress/View.asp?hSeq=1

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    excellent find. Thanks!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ChrisomahonyChrisomahony Member Posts: 11
    good to see some offical news. now all we need is the beta
  • KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101
    "we believe the fruits of those labors will finally begin paying off soon"

It seems right now that NcSoft was expecting a bigger revenue from all the current game titles.

If Korea gets full service at end of 07 we should be able to play early February..which is still a long way >.<..

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118
    We *should* be able to play right away... since they're aiming for a global release. However, I assume you mean that things rarely go as planned :)

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078
    i'm so use to reading SOE bullshit, i read news like this and see words like "expect" and "plan"  and the cynical side of me takes over.

either way, i'm looking forward to seeing both of these games soon.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    nice thanx for that :)
  • AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525
    Thanks for the info.  NCSoft sure is playing their cards close about Aion.   Info is so hard to find!
  • benhaminebenhamine Member Posts: 74
    Closed Beta this summer.  In Korea though
  • SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by benhamine
    Closed Beta this summer. In Korea though image

well just apply for beta for the korean one, you may get in. i know i usually do... considering i can make heads or tails of the websites...

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    Cool...but I would like NCsoft to release more information occasionaly, on the game...it's the best way to get people more and more excited, and stay interested.
  • AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118
    They will do just that, and they're currently releasing new art once in a while. I guess things will be clearer once the official website launches. :) (I'm guessing: sooon)

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• atlaznboiatlaznboi Member Posts: 100
    i was hoping for a surprise release in the summer or fall lol. o welps, take their time.
  • SwanSongSwanSong Member UncommonPosts: 24
    well probably the latest news would be the european official ncsoft site on Aion. Lots of info, some new screenshots/art etc.
  • AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525
    Originally posted by Valentina

Cool...but I would like NCsoft to release more information occasionaly, on the game...it's the best way to get people more and more excited, and stay interested.

I agree.   At least they have the Euro-webite up but still, the info on it seems might scarce.

NCSoft needs to learn a lesson from EA Mythic, their coverage of Warhammer Online during it's development has been great at keeping the hype up for that game.  But I'll still be watching Aion, if only to see when they actually start telling us more about the game :)

• orezmaxorezmax Member Posts: 10

Im gonna try keep my-self hyped up about AION and try not to loose my faith in it, but! NC need to keep us more updated and not to be rude but.....THEY NEED TO HURRY THE F**k UP i realy can wait untill the end of o7 i mean its only june now we got AGES TO WAIT and i dont want my mind to frift away from this game because it seems like quite a good one...lol plzzz nc hurry up with development!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for now ill play a little crappy game till due date and ill kepp checking ma emails!

• laineylainey Member Posts: 19
    yes unfortunately it seems that we'll be seeing a 2008 english beta and a Q2 or Q3 english release in 2008...bleh!

O well.

But if the Korean version is to be released by the end of this year (which will most likely be Q1 2008 LOL), we should get betas starting in fall.

So we can at least watch that...

but, don't they usually attempt Korea and then China and then go global? That seems to be the pattern for korean MMO's.
  • NiirnaethNiirnaeth Member Posts: 99
    Honestly there is no reason to complain about NC Soft taking their time developing Aion. I'm looking forward to the game and I'd much rather wait that extra few months then get another unfinished game like Vanguard which ruins the experience.
  • gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by Niirnaeth

Honestly there is no reason to complain about NC Soft taking their time developing Aion. I'm looking forward to the game and I'd much rather wait that extra few months then get another unfinished game like Vanguard which ruins the experience.
    I completely agree with this; I think that game companies are learning a lesson or two. The way Aion is set up though, I'm gonna guess that it will take a while to sift through all the bugs, with the ariel combat, cliff climbing and free flying, and that's why they're taking time releasing info and the game even. No need to psych people up for something that they're not actually able to implement. Who wants an unfinished game? No one. Period.

• laineylainey Member Posts: 19
    yes in a more positive light, the more time they spend on the game, the better.

and we know Korean workers...they are definitely hard workers.
  • RuffozRuffoz Member UncommonPosts: 76
    If the game's realeased for Korea on the end of 2007, I'd expect an English version at the bigenning of 2008?

Nice to hear some news on the game though.

• Focus*BankaiFocus*Bankai Member Posts: 219
    they are supposedly doing a worldwide release meaning no single country will get their game before the other which i think is a great idea.!! :D
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Focus*Bankai

they are supposedly doing a worldwide release meaning no single country will get their game before the other which i think is a great idea.!! :D
    I don't think its a great idea at all. If it has a worldwide release, it means the koreans have to wait untill the english translation is done before they can start playing. I live in Europe, and I know how annoying it is to see your game pushed back on the release date because Germany and France need a release in their own language
  • ZinraeZinrae Member Posts: 50

Yea, it would probably mean a longer Korean beta, which couldn't hurt too much.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume they're still trying for a global release.

Anyway, here's the latest on beta:

"The 20th of June NCsoft Korea is inviting Korean press to join them in a conference at a Korean island called Jeju Island, where they will show several upcoming projects. However - Even though the Korean CB schedule is supposedly going to be announced (as written in the article on the Korean Aion website), as far as I know, it has not been announced anywhere that the Korean Closed Beta or even sign-ups for such will begin at the given date."

• wandererchanwandererchan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    from what aion-source says it is a world wide release. i think one of the devs post on that site time to time. here is link to official english site.http://eu.aiononline.com/en  they devs got on that site and couple other dedicated aion fan sites and asked for ideas for naming the classes. instead of just calling warrior a warrior. they wanted something more interesting to fans. there is over 100 devs working on aion from my understanding. part of them working on english and korean and various other languages to. the devs want this to be the best mmo out. u guys should check out aion source website. they have alot of pics of the game. o btw devs said vids and pics that are out are so outdated. they said game looks 10 times better now. i really looking foward for this game. well here link they aion source enjoy.  http://www.aionsource.com/forum/cmps_index.php