Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Druids

Ok, I know druids can shape shift into other animals- but my question is: Does anyone know if another player can ride a shapeshifted Druid?? 

If so- this would be a pretty cool attribute. 

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

Comments

• KingBuddy30KingBuddy30 Member Posts: 59
    I do not think another player would be able to ride on a Druid once it has shapeshifted. Players wll only be able to have NPC mounts. But you never know what blizzard could bring out.

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Track Mania Nations Forever
    Runes of Magic

• DarkyDarky Member Posts: 59

You kidding? An uncreative company if there ever was one... Heck! They were so desperate they made the orcs the good guyz! I mean sheesh!

In other words...

Sorry, no chance. Plus, I don't think the druids would approve even if it WAS possible.

And since I really like to stick annoying polls in all my threads, there we go:

Darky

-------------------------------------------------------
    I don't have a signature so stop looking for one.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

i thought the orcs were part of the horde...

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• DerendaiDerendai Member Posts: 3

The Orcs are part of the Horde and he is referring to how the Orcs one in part of the Warcraft series which does not make then good.

Riding Druids is a disgrace they are not pets they are masters of stealth.

Derendai
    because my destiny is your fate

Derendai

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389
    The Alliance are the bad guys! and the Horde are the good guys!

• DerendaiDerendai Member Posts: 3

Well there are no good or bad guys.

The single-player games always start on going against Horde races so everyone thinks Alliance are good.

Obviously cuz of the look. But this is WoW, based on Alliance vs Horde so we shall fight.

Derendai

Derendai

• ThunderQThunderQ Member Posts: 16

i think its a good idea because then druids would get paid to give people rides to other towns so they would be rich fithy stinking rich.

(i play a male night elf druid)

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Behold the might of the thread necromancer...

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Darky

You kidding? An uncreative company if there ever was one... Heck! They were so desperate they made the orcs the good guyz! I mean sheesh!

Yeah - because following Tolkien / D&D / EQ and  making orcs into the generic bad guys would take huge amounts of imagination...

Really - I'm quite impressed with how Blizzard has put together the WoW universe. When playing it feels like a consistent world with it's own history. Each race has it's own motivations, it's own home-lands and relationships to the other races around it.

Compare that to EQ2, which has a huge number of races all stuffed together into the same small area for no readily apparent reason. Where everything lives up to it's fantasy stereotype, and it feels like the game has been designed by throwing in as many fantasy ideas as possible, and then tacking on some sort of story at the last minute in order to try to justify it all.
  • AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    People cannot ride druids.

You can't lend someone else your mount

Two people cannot ride on the same mount, even if the mount is elephant sized.

The reason for all the above is simple - game balance.
  • NaazirNaazir Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Desperado

Ok, I know druids can shape shift into other animals- but my question is: Does anyone know if another player can ride a shapeshifted Druid?? 

If so- this would be a pretty cool attribute. 

So uhhh.... if you COULD ride a Druid (an in no uncertain terms am I "for" this suggestion), who gets to drive? Would the Druid become a Cabby or would it be more like an arcade game where the non-Druid gets to take the wheel? And what was the purpose of this thought anyway? I mean, why would someone ever need to ride a Druid someplace, and why would a Druid ever want to shuttle someone else around?

Naaz.
  • FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Eh... guys... unless I'm mistaking, you're replying to a post from 2003

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.