Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And once again Beta winners Ive never heard of...

ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Ok this is gettin old.  At least let some people win that actually USE the boards here.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

Comments

• BaFooNBaFooN Member Posts: 239

Dont be mad, better luck next time, right?

• NeoKyosuke18NeoKyosuke18 Member Posts: 204

I'm not upset I didn't get into the beta..

Either Way we are all (who are messaging in these or reading them) going to play EQ2 eventually.

Personally If I were to win either this contest or the lottery... I think we know where my vote would go.

• SeriphosSeriphos Member Posts: 56
    i use the boards! this is my 50th post! if it wasnt for randomness the drawings wouldnt be worth entering except to the people that constantly post on the boards.

Seriphos Seraphim
    Elite Gathering Guild Leader
    http://www.freewebs.com/elitegathering/
    Guild Wars (closed) Alpha Tester
    Everquest 2 (closed) Beta Tester

Guild Wars Closed Alpha Tester
    Lineage 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Everquest 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Risk Your Life Closed Beta Tester

• LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

ITs easy to say win the lottery, but I know for a fact that I hardly ever play it more than six times a year, so I can't really say I play the lottery.

However i can say that i play MMOGs.

I know SonyOnlineE is not a company like I in terms of how they run their games, but can we at least hope that the beta(how to get into beta) goes better than WoW's beta, it just seems Blizzard is making huge mistakes every time I open up the wow gen discussion boards.

Blunder defined as WoW Fansites contests. (strictly imo, plus those who agree on the WoW Gen Discussion boards)

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Have to go with the lottery since it's currently at 120 million here. :)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Originally posted by ramadin

Ok this is gettin old.  At least let some people win that actually USE the boards here.

well its ok rama....will never see those people on mmorpg.cm for sure now, i noticed about 3 users that i know use the boards....but we have never or will ever hear any posts from those other guys...

IMO i think the admins should make the contests only enterable by 3 stars or more (which is not hard to get w/ a few intelligent posts)

• ksmith2629ksmith2629 Member Posts: 56

Congradulations to the winners!

I don't really post much on the boards, but read them daily.

I won't really mind if I don't get into beta, of course I will enjoy helping with it if I do, but I also think it's exciting to open the retail box, install the game, make the character and get your first glimps at the release of the game.....so I win either way. image

• natasnatas Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by ramadin

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

Lol you can have my Lineage 2 beta that i won here.

But ill be keeping EQ2 "Tool dont be upset" Be happyimage

mOo

Mooooo™

• NadirahNadirah Member Posts: 2

I thought it interesting that it took some of them a while to confirm.  I expected those 10 tickets to be snatched up quicker than they were.

~Nadirah

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Well seeing as we have 50k people here in our "little" community, of wich I think less then one thousand frequents the boards, a great deal more are "read only". In essence there there is a 50 to 1 chance someone known on the boards will win, maybe a bit less since the regulars have a higher participating % then the lurkers.

Point is that entering a contest is just a few clicks away and anyone registered visiting the site does it easily. From a statistical point of view im not at all amazed by how these things usually goes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

^^ Exactly, and thats the problem.  The contests should be for ppl who contribute to this board, not for every joe blow that fills out a registration form.

• NoraxeNoraxe Member Posts: 190

I would like to disagree but, I'm sure the game developers would prefer people who will actively post feedback and engage in intelligent dialog. Being active on a games message boards will often land you a spot in their beta early.

However, nobody wants someone that post cry baby complaints every time things don't go their way.

I would not be a good candidate for these drawings. I rarely post and it is mostly stoner gibberish.

p.s. thanks for the face of mankind beta.image

• KaedrenKaedren Member Posts: 27

I've been registered on this board for almost a year.  I visit frequently for my MMORPG news needs.

I dont post alot because basically, alot of posts turn into a flame fest.  I'm not interested in that.  I can get all the flaming can digest on EQLive boards if I want it.

I can understand that people want to reserve the beta slots for the people who contribute to MMORPG.com by posting alot.   I resist the urge to show off my fluffing skillz.  If you all want to say the guy who posts the most deserves the beta slot, then I certainly will outfluff them all.

What I guess I'm trying to say is that just because I dont post alot, certainly doesnt mean I'm not contributing to the site.  I read a hella lot more then I ever post and YES I do hit some of the advertised banners here.

~kae

~kae

• LinchpinLinchpin Member Posts: 82
    Ramadin has got to be the biggest sore loser on the face of the planet. I see things from your point of view man.. but just let it go already. Better luck next time.

-Linchpin
    -Chiram Sin
    Old School PK'er of UO. Too many murders to count.

Hmm theres another one, Linchpin with 35 posts in a year.  Wow, just wow.

I rest my case...

-Linchpin
    -Chiram Sin

Dustyballz 82 posts Registered 5/17 prolly for EQ2 beta

Linchpin 35 posts in almost a year, doesnt use the site

Natas less than 28 posts in 6 months and most of his posts were bragging about winning beta

saker 67 posts

wolftz 0 posts

Farseen who posted he didnt think he could run EQ2 on his comp

sidebuster 51 posts 7 months

r1tual 18 posts

Now some of these people simply should not have won the contest, sorry but thats just plain BS.

Just because I dont POST a lot doesnt mean that I dont USE the site. I bet I have nearly as much time logged into this site as you do. I read the forums all the time. Just because im not a loud mouth doesnt mean I dont deserve this just as much as someone who needs to voice their opinion on every matter.

You are familiar with how a lottery system works right? you could be someone who buys 10 lottery tickets every week for 50 years and NEVER win. Someone who just bought one for the first time has just as much as a chance of getting a winning ticket as the person who wasted all the money for so long.

get over it. Seriously...

-Linchpin
    -Chiram Sin

Im not so much talking about you Linchpin, as the person with 0 posts.  I mean thats just blatantly obvious.

And this is not the Lottery, the whole point of having to login to the site is to use it, not just to try to get something for nothing.  And no one logs into the site to "read", you login to post.

• NilParagonNilParagon Member Posts: 57

Thats funny how much whinning there is.  I personally didn't get a beta account due to my own ignorance about the ending of the contest.  I wasn't paying attention and didn't check till it was too late.

All in all I don't contribute that much, I don't post a lot, I rarely read so in all honesty I didn't really deserve one.  Furthermore I have no doubt that I'll get a position into one of the first phases of the beta due to knowing someone.

So congrats on it to the people who got them. 

Question for Linchpin; after you confirmed did they send you an email with anymore details?  Or did you get the generic.  Congratz on winning and we'll send you information as soon as we hear something.

----------------------------------------
    You get no information from me!!!

All we know is that the admins are saying its most likely a very quick entry into beta. They are sending the winners info to SOE today and we should be contacted by SOE.

-Linchpin
    -Chiram Sin

• NilParagonNilParagon Member Posts: 57

Yes that's more or less what I heard from the guy I know.  All I have to do is write up a game review on EQ2.  So I have no clue what phase I'll get in or how it will work.  You have an email you can keep in touch with me on it?  You can PM me at paragonguild.com if you want.

----------------------------------------
    You get no information from me!!!

• DustyBallzDustyBallz Member Posts: 152

Ramadin, complaining in two forums now?

Has anyone thought about the 30 beta spots that MMORPG.COM has given out in the past week? Yes, 30. 20 for Face of Mankind and 10 for EQ2. Sounds like a great week for beta testers and people that actually look forward to playing these games, rather than just comparing EQ2 to WoW, bitching about skewed contests, and other nonsense. You blame MMORPG.COM and the actual contest winners when they are not at fault in the least. The winners need NO blame or negativity. How were they supposed to know they would be picked for the pool of winners? Random means random. Get over it if you didn't win. You have my condolences. I have entered many contests in my life, and have never won until now, unless you count those concert tickets I won off the radio when I was 13.

To the winners, congratulations! To the losers, better luck next time, and don't look down on those that did happen to win, it could have been the other way around.

MMORPG -- Where's the RP?

• OrillionOrillion Member Posts: 24
    it doesn't matter who wins or loses, the staff isn't going to play favorites. Some people browse more than they post as well. By the way Dusty, did you guys ever find out what phase you're going to be in?

• DustyBallzDustyBallz Member Posts: 152

No, we won't know anything until SOE contacts us. Then there will be the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) that may prohibit ANY release of information.

This discussion has been closed.