Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low level population?

BirathenBirathen Member Posts: 48
Quick lil question ^-^

Is it to late to try this one out? Will I be all alone as a newbie running around hiding from scary monsters or is there a healthy low level population that I can team up with?

Comments

• heimdallrheimdallr Member Posts: 61
    Yup it may be to late and no, there is no healthy low-level population. Though I stopped playing UO almost one year ago, I have a few friends who still play it - they say it's like 75% players are on seriously high level. Plus, UO has around 150,000 players right now, so it's tiny even without that hardcore gamers percentage .

Hope that helps.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    imageMMOs played-> UO: AoS, L2, GW, GW: F, HO, SoF, ToP

• BirathenBirathen Member Posts: 48
    Aaaw, thats too bad.. Been looking for a nice lil fantasy MMO. :(
  • Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366
    There are ALOT of low level players right now, due to the KR beta.

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    UO is not sooo bad to start out and get to a decent level quickly.

For experienced players it is just a matter of days.

Some shards like Europa have guilds/people helping newbies.

UO is different than your normal levelling game.
    Originally posted by Ramones274

Hah! Erm... can you give me some numbers? Cause from what I've heard - there are around 10,000 players beta-testing Kingdoms Reborn, so... Not really huge newbie player-base, and something like a half of this 10,000 already leveled-up, you know.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    theres no such thing as low level in this game, you can build up your skills fairly quick and easy...in any server there will be plenty of highly skilled players that are willing to help you out (trust me) basically everyone is so rich in the game that they can craft you anything you want from armor to weapons to spell books or just basic information on where to hunt etc....the community is still great even though it has low populations...if you played this game during march i woulda gave you everything i had even my house (everything inside is worth over 15 million gold) but now my house should have decayed by now and im sure there are plenty of people who waited hours for it to fall and loot my stuff...i quit because i did everything solo from treasure hunting to just killing dragons for fun...i didnt have any friends to play with and i didnt want to join any guilds...
    Originally posted by obii

UO is not sooo bad to start out and get to a decent level quickly.

For experienced players it is just a matter of days.

Some shards like Europa have guilds/people helping newbies.

UO is different than your normal levelling game.
    That's the very truth, and I'm not gonna argue about that. But as you can see, the OP said that he is gonna try this one out, which of course means that he ain't no experienced player (when speaking of UO). Well, for a newbie, the game now may seem lil bit... deserted, or for a lack of a better word - unpleasant.

To OP: But if you are really going for it, and you surely want to get in, there are no limits - a game will always be a game and after some time, you will have your high-level dude in UO too .

Sure there are no levels, but everyone knows what the OP is writing about, so no detail corrections needed...

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366
    Originally posted by heimdallr

Hah! Erm... can you give me some numbers? Cause from what I've heard - there are around 10,000 players beta-testing Kingdoms Reborn, so... Not really huge newbie player-base, and something like a half of this 10,000 already leveled-up, you know.

Well, lets see here. When you see a ton of players running around with the "young" title next to their name...Yeah..I think it's safe to say there are alot of low level players at the moment. More so then usually, for sure.

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

Originally posted by heimdallr

Well, lets see here. When you see a ton of players running around with the "young" title next to their name...Yeah..I think it's safe to say there are alot of low level players at the moment. More so then usually, for sure.

As you say. I don't play KR (and I've never played), friend of mine does, but that's not an argument . Well, it's good that you've got that "new population" impression, it's always good to hear that a classic is still on, especially when it's the very first MMO I've played.

Nevermind - I've asked couple of people about UO and this question OP have posted and... opinions are really so various, in fact - just like those in this topic .

• WaterVsAnchWaterVsAnch Member Posts: 15
    You could still give it a shot, but I recommend playing a player run shard that's more the "old" UO style.
  • WarsongLSWarsongLS Member Posts: 37

No its not too late.

But I will warn you that the new client that just went into open beta.  Is really broken.  There are many functions, art work and other things which have not yet been placed into the game.

I would suggest that wither you wait until the Kingdom Reborn client is completed and announced for general release.

Or try the old 2D client just to get a taste of the community that plays this game, and maybe to play around with the skills because this is one of the few games whihc there is no leveling.  You have to actually work a limited number of skills from a large pool available, and you have to work up your hitpoints/strength,  mana/magicpoints, dexerity/agility.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Not too late at all and it's still fun.

• dinanm3atldinanm3atl Member Posts: 215
    Dude you can play...

i reopened my account and for fun i wanted to just create a new character... within 2 weeks i was a 7x GM mage/swords and could dungeon crawl ANY dungeon....

it is ridicolous game now, i could not believe how much just pure wealth was everywhere. the prices on items were totally outrageous.

Old Skool Ultima Online Junky
    Bring back the OLD UO so I can play again

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    UO is what it is, and honestly it's one of the original MMORP games and has some great features.   It is showing its age now, and populations are nothing like they used to be years ago, but it's still a good game with a very strong underlying design.

If you are used to the new games you might get bored.  If you play it for the heck of it and don't compare it to the many games that came after it, then it's still got some great aspects.   Come on, dyable clothing!  How hard is it to have dyepots people (glares at EQ2, WoW etc)!