Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the "dedicated ISK earners" doing in EVE?

BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503
I'm a curious noob looking to waste some time as I wait for Tabula Rasa. I've toyed with this game a bit, but never really learned anything.

Most games I play as a hardcore PvPer, in the MMO's I've tried anyway. I've decided that for my first foray into EVE (attempting at actually playing it for a while), I want to focus on making a character that rakes in a ton of ISK, and only PVP's when necessary. This is what I and many would call "super-carebear mode" / Loot Whore / "Dude's just playing to have the big bank account in a game".

So, EVE veterans of this site. If you were to make an account and only spend time on it trying to maximize ISK uptake, what would be the first thing you do, what's your gameplan? Salvaging? Mining? What ships should I be looking at starting with and eventually getting? What skills are you focusing on training?

Links to guides are mucho appreciated. I love guides on the web for stuff like this, the only problem is a lot of them are outdated, and obviously I don't know if I'm looking for a mining guide or a salvaging guide or whatnot.

Comments

• darkfish0darkfish0 Member Posts: 65
    Get a few more accounts, train one to haul, one to mine in a hulk and another to run command mods or mine too.

If you're limited to one like some of us humans :) Train for a hulk and get into a strong 0.0 alliance. Get someone to haul for you in a -1.0 system and make isk!

--------------------
    Member of Coreli corp.
    We have the boosters you crave!

• lowradslowrads Member UncommonPosts: 200
    1)Buy two accounts.

2)Train covops on one.  Train close range pvp ships on the other.

3)Get covops into large alliance with lots of blue allies.  Preferably wealthy allies.  Keep your mouth shut.

4)Get pvper into active pirate/pvp corp. 

5)Put covops char into systems with mixed blue corps.  Scan down blues.

6)Send gang invite to happy pirate friends.

7)Sell uber mods on market.  Share hatemail among pirate friends.
  • BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503
    Originally posted by darkfish0

If you're limited to one like some of us humans :) Train for a hulk and get into a strong 0.0 alliance. Get someone to haul for you in a -1.0 system and make isk!
    Gonna try this. Got a pretty good mining guide and made a toon that was pretty much started for mining, so it already had mining 5 and a bunch of other crap I didn't want to wait to train up.

I'll probably run solo at least until I get an industrial and a barge. One question though. Being a "dedicated miner" looking for a 0.0 corp, is it easy to find corps? What benefit would a dedicated miner be to a 0.0 corp?
  • darkfish0darkfish0 Member Posts: 65
    All the benefit :) Most corps in 0.0 will buy your ore for a slightly lower cost, meaning they make a small profit on it, or that they are able to sell back ships produced cheaper, giving advantages for the whole corp. For mining in 0.0 you will need a hulk or battleship though(or mack for ice) for mining solo.

Also, you've found one 0.0 corp who are always open to recruitment :P Give me a convo/mail in game, hehe. We are between alliances atm so in in empire, so it would be a good time to join up

--------------------
    Member of Coreli corp.
    We have the boosters you crave!

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Top 3 ISK generators.

1. Trading. To make billions you need to know the prices, know the market, know the rules and have tons of ISK to spend.

2. 10/10 Plexes. You need to somehow get access to them, get a group of friends help you to farm plexes 23/7 and then sell fraction stuff.

3. T2 production. You have to spend more then a year to learn skills, spend lots of billions to buy t2 BPOs and then put those modules in development.

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Top 3 ISK generators.
    1. Trading. To make billions you need to know the prices, know the market, know the rules and have tons of ISK to spend.
    2. 10/10 Plexes. You need to somehow get access to them, get a group of friends help you to farm plexes 23/7 and then sell fraction stuff.
    3. T2 production. You have to spend more then a year to learn skills, spend lots of billions to buy t2 BPOs and then put those modules in development.

Hey, sorry to sorta semi-necro this thread that's from a week ago, but just curious, do you know of any good guides or extensive forum threads anywhere that go into detail about T2 production and Trading?

I'm thinking I might trade ISK (I've got about 6 B) for a character with around 20-30mil skillpoints, and with all the bad buzz I'm reading about mining and how it's not worth it, I'm thinking I might just look for a character specialized in something else.