Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The WORST Vanguard screenshots: what went wrong

124»

Comments

• manzenemanzene Member Posts: 61

Best on the market besides LOTRO ??? DAOC catacombs client (free) has more detail in a single player's epic armor than the entire *eyecandy* sunrise in VG....
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by manzene

Best on the market besides LOTRO ??? DAOC catacombs client (free) has more detail in a single player's epic armor than the entire *eyecandy* sunrise in VG....

I do hope that there are better screenshots of Cattacombs DaoC then i show here below but this is what i found of catacombs and honostly from what i found really isn't better then Vanguards armor, let me be clear atleast not for my taste. And like i said could not find better screenshot of DaoC so if someone has a screenshot that truly shows cooler armor in DaoC i would like to see them.

I will not say that i'm 100% okay with Vanguards armor but atleast it looks allot better. Still feel when i think of my warrior in WoW that somehow armor in WoW still strikes me as a good experiance with armor, mainly i liked the sound my armor made my armor felt like it was made of pieces of  layered armor i was wearing. VSoH armor looks good but somehow strikes me as sort of sci-fi armor as i still feel the UR engine would best used in sci-fi games

img463/3699/nss12catacombdaocht2.jpg

img514/1171/screenshot00042pq7.jpg

• PhosPhos Member Posts: 455

Originally posted by Reklaw
    ... people like you that i feel might only have exp. in one sort of genre. It us with many experiances with many different genre's that most likely enjoy Vanguyard and are able to run the game pretty decent.
    Now if you too want to become a gamer i suggest you first do some research, maybe upgrade your pc but most important is to become less ignorant...

I've played many games and game genres since the earliest days of UO in 1997. Among the list are UO, SWG (Beta and post-beta), Planetside, WoW, Vanguard (Beta and post-beta), EVE Online, and I've played a number of other games on the PC as well as console. I run a set of high-end systems that allow me to two-box and even 3-box Vanguard simultaneously, sometimes on a 150" theater screen if I choose to project it that large (which I rarely do because it appears too flawed at that size.)

I believe I qualify as a "gamer" who's experienced every genre available on a number of systems over the years. This is my family's hobby and one of the main ways I have regular contact with family, which is spread all over the country. I believe over the years, I've earned the right to have an opinion about MMOs and fanboys and a number of other MMO-related topics.

Being a fanboy is not necessarily a bad thing. I wish I had that kind of blind love for a game again, but I'm not that enchanted by anything out there right now. Maybe my pallet is too seasoned for such a vacant game and community (elitist) as VG.

It's not a big deal that you're a fanboy. It's not a bad thing. Seriously. Enjoy the game. I'm jealous.

- Phos

PS - I don't take your flame personally. But if you wouldn't be rude to someone in person, why do it online?

imageAAH! A troll fire! Quick, pour some Kool-Aid on it!!!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Phos

Originally posted by Reklaw

... people like you that i feel might only have exp. in one sort of genre. It us with many experiances with many different genre's that most likely enjoy Vanguyard and are able to run the game pretty decent.

Now if you too want to become a gamer i suggest you first do some research, maybe upgrade your pc but most important is to become less ignorant...

I've played many games and game genres since the earliest days of UO in 1997. Among the list are UO, SWG (Beta and post-beta), Planetside, WoW, Vanguard (Beta and post-beta), EVE Online, and I've played a number of other games on the PC as well as console. I run a set of high-end systems that allow me to two-box and even 3-box Vanguard simultaneously, sometimes on a 150" theater screen if I choose to project it that large (which I rarely do because it appears too flawed at that size.)

I believe I qualify as a "gamer" who's experienced every genre available on a number of systems over the years. This is my family's hobby and one of the main ways I have regular contact with family, which is spread all over the country. I believe over the years, I've earned the right to have an opinion about MMOs and fanboys and a number of other MMO-related topics.

Being a fanboy is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it is wrong to be a fanboy as they do not see anything wrong and are indeed blinded.

I wish I had that kind of blind love for a game again, I do wish there was a game where i could fall in love with again, but i do not want to be blinded like some of the Fanboys and haters out here

but I'm not that enchanted by anything out there right now. Well i do enjoy Vanguard but my wishes in mmorpg are far bigger then what can be delivered at this time. Maybe my pallet is too seasoned for such a vacant game and community (elitist) as VG. Yeah there are some people "Elitist" but lucky enough we see them quite pretty soon as Vanguard isn't a game for them to be "Elitist" in. Reading these forums shows most of those "ELitist" turn into "haters" as they not able to disply such playstyle in a game like Vanguard which is more casual then "this site meaning of hardcore"

"

It's not a big deal that you're a fanboy. I feel it is, like i said they not able to see the thruth and only are able to see it their way and no other way. So obviously you made a mistake by even considering me a fanboy LOL. Like i said if people want to be ignorant then sure they could see me as a fanboy, but those able to read or atleast do some researche before replying would know never to even consider to call me a fanboy. And that my friend is where i will tell a person he is ignorant. Sorry again if it may sound abit offensive but i'm really getting tired of people thinking they can reply with such nonsnens that absolute make no sense what so ever and futher more shows me what i keep saying that some people pretent to be gamers and maybe even pretend they are able to read. Like i keep saying else you would not have reply'd the way you did.

It's not a bad thing. Seriously. Enjoy the game. I'm jealous.

- Phos

PS - I don't take your flame personally. But if you wouldn't be rude to someone in person, why do it online?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

i still think EQ2 cuts it pritty well considering how old it is now.. puts a lot of newer ones to shame thats for sure..  :)

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927
    Originally posted by solareus

To me , it looks like Sigil exported all the video work out to India, and they pocketed a huge bit of cash.  Critics around the industry say that the game is mediocre and I tend to agree with them. The "Hi RES" screen shots are fished eyed so bad that anything would look steller with that type of effect. Skateboard  photographers use the fish eye lens to make an ordinary 3 stairs look like a huge gap, all the time. Vanguard is no different , the fish eye creates a false perception to the game world making it LOOK bigger then what it really is. 

Frankly , the people still supporting SOE games aren't hardcore or even real gamers,If you fail to see the destructive path ALL of SOE  properties cause throughout it's reign on game you would understand how it doesn't benefit the rest of the gaming development market in bringing new and innovative games. SoE is finished, and in the next 5-10 years we will see them slowly but surely get out of the gaming market.
    QFt... whatever that means

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche