Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 MMO?

TalSetTalSet Member Posts: 4
There have been rumours about it....

Diablo 3 may be announced at blizcon in august..... lets hope so

Comments

• JuanZanzirosJuanZanziros Member Posts: 3

Does Hellgate London count?

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    D3 wouldn't be an MMORPG, it would be an Online Role Playing Game. Its missing the MM, because you won't have thousands in the same persistant world. I don't see D3 being a free to play game, and having a presistant world. I also don't see it being a full MMO.

Just a sequel to D1 and D2.

Yes, Hellgate London is made by most of the people that made Diablo.

I would love for Blizzard to announce D3. It would go nicely with their announcement of SC2. They used to make fun games before WoW.
  • RazorteetsRazorteets Member Posts: 92
    I doubt Vivendi would let Blizzard throw out another MMO that would compete with WoW for a player base.  Doesn't make any sense at this point in the ballgame.  Now then, later, as they run out of ways to spin the same quest/instance over and over again (run out of expansions), they'll probably throw something marginally different from WoW out with a new name to take up the subscriber slack.

WoW took a lot from D2 anyway.  The way skills/talents work, the item database.  All manner of good stuff.  Plus, WoW and D3MMO would fill the same niche.  Standard Fantasy Point, Click, 1-0 Button, Kill, Level, Repeat.  Now, if they actually made something that was substantially different from that template, they'd be pulling money away from other games of that different template type.  EVE, EQ2, whatever.

The above post is purely my opinion. If you disagree, that's your right. However, don't be an ass about it.

• StrangelingStrangeling Member Posts: 9
    It'll probably just be like Guild Wars only Diablo style. So if you call GW an MMO then you could call D3 an MMO. It's not that it's copying GW, because D2 already had technology like that just a step back so see it how you want to see it. It's very highly unlikely it'll be a massive persistent world. Tha's my opinion (agreein with the Ruthgar).
  • rebirth1629rebirth1629 Member Posts: 113
    i dont particulary think that D3 will be a MMORPG because it will crash the success of WoW.....very few people want to play 2 mmorpg at the same time.....they rather concentrate on one...i believe that D3 will be a online RPG....not particulary MM. I hope D3 will be like their original creation...not 2 complicated in the graphic because that's what make Diablo what it is......prob the new graphic will be close to Sacred ( i think)
  • psshooterpsshooter Member Posts: 31
    I don't think Diablo 3 mmo will be announced during this year's BlizzCon. World of Warcraft is already a huge success and milking millions from millions of players world wide. So logically speaking, there's no reason for Blizzard to throw out another mmo such as a Diablo mmo that will go up against their own product; World of Warcraft. It's been how many years since WoW was released and Blizzard has not announced or released any other mmo. But who knows for sure what Blizzard is up to. May be they'll just stay with the Warcraft series for their mmo and just continue to make expansions and sequels while producing singleplayer / multiplayer games like Starcraft II, Warcraft IV ( I wish haha),  Diablo III (rpg) and so on.
  • ElgarethElgareth Member Posts: 588
    Well I think D3 will have a similar system Hellgate: London and Guild Wars uses:

Having a graphical Lobby with Shops and so on, where you team up, chat around and all that, and then load into the Monster terrain which will be instanced. But I think that'll be the only loading screen ingame.

Always loved the pretty loading-free acts in D2 :)
  • PoPfyrenPoPfyren Member Posts: 19
    i dont belive that there will be a diablo 3 any soon just after they just published star craft...

to we still can hope!!!
  • traquenatraquena Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by TalSet

Sorry to burst your bubble but I think it's not gonna happen! Blizzard is still profiting on WoW if they release or develop a new MMO games there will be a bad effect on their other games.... Beside I've heard they going to released Starcraft 2 dunno when yet! lol
  • warrorwarror Member Posts: 270
    I won't be suprised if D3 came out. Wow is showing its age. If 2 million subscribers leave Wow for D3, blizzard will still be getting the money.
  • elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205
    Originally posted by TalSet

Blizz only takes on one new project at a time their current new project is Starcraft 2.    Of course this doesnt' mean there won't ever be a Diablo 3! :)   I fully believe they'll give us a D3 someday I just hope its not an MMO.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

Originally posted by elvenangel

Blizz only takes on one new project at a time their current new project is Starcraft 2.    Of course this doesnt' mean there won't ever be a Diablo 3! :)   I fully believe they'll give us a D3 someday I just hope its not an MMO.
      I totally agree with you! Many MMO there already copy the interface of D3.
  • w175jabw175jab Member Posts: 239
    If they do make a D3, which they most likely will, I'd like to finally see some decent graphics...

And yes you're right... a lot of interfaces are stolen from Diablo!

Blizzard is expecting WOW to have a very long lifetime and expansions are currently in progress.  Blizzard actually stated that they felt incredibly rushed to release TBC, resulting in the mixed feelings of gamers.  Coming expansions, however, will be of a much higher quality that is generally expected from Blizzard Entertainment.

In our technology nowadays about graphics engine , they should make D3 as high quality graphics as they can! But sorry for those player don't have a decent PC. I guess if a new D3 came a higher specs of PC needed to run this one lol (When can I buy upgrades)
  • PoPfyrenPoPfyren Member Posts: 19
    starcraft 2 is comming out spring 2008 and we all know what blizzard games take around 4 years to develop :( lets hope for d3 in 2012 lol am so sad writing this
    Originally posted by PoPfyren

starcraft 2 is comming out spring 2008 and we all know what blizzard games take around 4 years to develop :( lets hope for d3 in 2012 lol am so sad writing this
    I understand Blizzard developing a smooth games takes a lot of money and time!!! lol