Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've found Peace

blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Its taken me nearly 2 years to get over SOE's hash of SwG.

But now I can safley say I am cured. I no longer think about the game let alone worry about its state or feel anger the moment someone praises the NGE. If the game was shutdown tomorrow it wouldnt effect me. I am no longer an addict.

I am currently playing LotR and although it brought nothing new to the table its fun. I guess im used to WoW like games now as its been such a long time since i played a sandbox style of game.

Who else can safley say they no longer care about SWG or Pre-cu servers?

Comments

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    If you ever retire from LotrO, try ryzom, It's a nice game but isn't advertised that much.

Anyway, glad to see you've finally gotten over it.
  • ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978
    I've long since been past caring about pre-NGE or pre-CU servers. I would not ever have gone back after the way I was treated anyway.

I play other games now. In fact a bunch of my friends and I are all pretty much sick of MMOs in general at this point. They are all just repeats of the same game nowadays. Until someone innovates, I will play other stuff like RTS games with them and so on.

Before anyone asks why I read these forums if I am done with MMOs for the time being, the answer is simple... I read them from work where I often have to let computer simulations run for ~10 minutes, so it's not enough time to do anything of any real value, but too long to just sit there watching a progress bar tick across the screen. Since reading forums takes hardly any compute cycles away from the sim, I just do that to pass the time.  ;)

C
  • wouldzeywouldzey Member Posts: 59

Im playing LOTRO too buddy but not enough sandbox for me though. But congratulations though, glad it no longer causes you grief, its not worth it!

As for me being over it? Dont think it will ever go away. Its like your best present, although its only got one ear and smells slightly of cheese, you still love it and then someone takes it away. You'll always remember it and whoever took it you'll always see them as the theif.

• Ransom73Ransom73 Member Posts: 227

It took you two years to get over a game?

Wow...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since there are still people frothing at the mouth about it.

• xPaladinxPaladin Member UncommonPosts: 741
    I can't say I'm hot and bothered by NGE, etc. And personally, I'd given up on pre-cu servers a long time ago.

However... I don't recommend or buy any Sony products to anyone anymore, though. Especially SOE products.

-- xpaladin

[MMOz]
    AC1/2, AO, DAoC, EQ1/2, SoR, SWG, UO, WAR, WoW

• ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978
    Originally posted by Ransom73

Wow...
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised since there are still people frothing at the mouth about it.

You need to read his post a bit more carefully to understand what he means by "get over it." He's talking about how he no longer holds out the hope that SOE  might give us back pre-CU gameplay or even thinks about it at all. This doesn't mean that before the 2 years were up, it was ALL he thought about, or that he was sitting curled up in a fetus position crying day and night. It just means he no longer even thinks about it a little bit -- at least that is how I took it.

C
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    I will always hope for a Pre CU SWG. But it does not consume me like it used to. I have found Eve Online. I have been very happy with it. I still play SWG but strictly for fun and I refuse to attach any emotions into it for my sense of identity with MMO's. Thats what Eve is for!  I predict that SWG is slowly being set back to the Pre CU era but with an expertise system.

I will always hope for a better SWG MMO- I would like to design one.

Touché Sir! 

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Originally posted by Chessack

Wow...

You need to read his post a bit more carefully to understand what he means by "get over it." He's talking about how he no longer holds out the hope that SOE  might give us back pre-CU gameplay or even thinks about it at all. This doesn't mean that before the 2 years were up, it was ALL he thought about, or that he was sitting curled up in a fetus position crying day and night. It just means he no longer even thinks about it a little bit -- at least that is how I took it.

C

Thanks for clearing that up for me :) Thats exaclty what I meant by "get over it"

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793
    Originally posted by xPaladin

However... I don't recommend or buy any Sony products to anyone anymore, though. Especially SOE products.
    I second this. I may beta something to see if they change some things, but nope, they haven't yet. I'm actually expecting the same stuff happen to vanguard. I made two bets on it, and won one already. First bet was about SoE getting full rights to vanguard. Second... should be cashing in pretty soon.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci

• PreCUPreCU Member Posts: 382

I just want to play preCU

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Wow...

It was more than a game that was destroyed. You wouldnt know anything about that though.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• Ransom73Ransom73 Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi
    Originally posted by Ransom73 It took you two years to get over a game?
    Wow...

It was more than a game that was destroyed. You wouldnt know anything about that though.

If it was 'more than a game', than some of you really need to step back and reevaluate what's important and takes precedence in your life

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

Wow...

If it was 'more than a game', than some of you really need to step back and reevaluate what's important and takes precedence in your life

It was more than a game to a number of people Ransom, it was also a community. I got over the NGE and the loss of community probably 7 months after the game changed, but I still miss some of the interaction. Some people meet friends online in games or chat rooms, some meet at bars, some meet in class, I don't see any need to re-evaluate what is normal human behavior.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    Originally posted by blondeh

Its taken me nearly 2 years to get over SOE's hash of SwG.
    But now I can safley say I am cured. I no longer think about the game let alone worry about its state or feel anger the moment someone praises the NGE. If the game was shutdown tomorrow it wouldnt effect me. I am no longer an addict.
    I am currently playing LotR and although it brought nothing new to the table its fun. I guess im used to WoW like games now as its been such a long time since i played a sandbox style of game.
    Who else can safley say they no longer care about SWG or Pre-cu servers?

I got over it relatively quickly.  The only reason I find these discussions interesting is from a future gaming standpoint, and I find the SWG debacle to be an extremely interesting case study.
  • FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Wow...

Like I said, you wouldnt know anything about it.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• EricJLeachEricJLeach Member Posts: 53
    I will never forget about swg.

Dont forget about swgemu.com