Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.:POLL:. Do You Think E&B Should Be Brought Back?

Comments

• sharkdaddysharkdaddy Member Posts: 22

Hell Yes. with a new owner, and new name... the game was awesome ! And it could of been so much more.

Sharkdaddy

Sharkdaddy

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

Do I think Earth & Beyond should be brought back?  You ask this question lightly as if it were the simplest thing in the world to decide.  But sometimes the simple things are the most difficult.  And so I sit here with the Earth and Beyond rulebook and CD laying upon my desk, beckoning me to make a decision.  Nay, not necessarily to give it another chance, but to decide it's fate one way or another.  The tired folded pages of that booklet, turned once too many times, the cracked CD case showing a hazed reflection of the tired eyes that once looked with glee and excitement upon the game newly played.

You ask, do I think Earth and Beyond should be brought back?  Yes, I tell you, but not for this generation of jaded pampered gamers, but perhaps for a new generation of younger gamers, those who idle away their time in third world countries, knowing neither joy nor pleasure.  It is to those masses this game must be presented.

So, do I think Earth and Beyond should be brought back?  <sigh>  Of course.

image Right on Billius8,  but one thing,  if ea had much better updates grabbed the players hearts right off the jump E&B would of set the stage for all the future mmorpg becase there is nothen like flying around controlling big fat sweet ship w/ much firepower.

i myself am really tired of hack and slack mmorpg's such as everquest.

i blame ea and the gamers for letting this one slip away.

Sharkdaddy

Sharkdaddy

• aaronmanzeroaaronmanzero Member Posts: 75
    EA makes great sports games this was a cool concept but just didnt make ya wanna play every day and controls were a bit wierd like anarchy online.

I thought the controls were AWESOME ! How in the world do you see the controls like AO ?   And I did play this game everyday, sometimes 12 - 18 hours per day. Its really hard for me 2 see any bad poits of E&B besides EA buying Westwood and nerfing it from the start.

All good things come 2 a end sooner or later.

image  image  image  image  image  image  image

Sharkdaddy

Sharkdaddy

• PhatPhat Member Posts: 4

Someone whould buy the source code and make it less boring, the game was well designed but after a while of the same thing it got boreing.

• conanownsconanowns Member Posts: 114
    EA rocks...tks gawd they r getting rid of it!image

• danchueedanchuee Member Posts: 2

I played for a few months. After a while it did get boring. I thought the game was smooth and had some good graphics. But content and play wise, it just got boring and repetitive.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    EA games are just F'ing eye candy..very few of them have any depth whatsoever.  They are too concerned with squeezing every dollar out they can rather than making good games.

• Enzo14Enzo14 Member Posts: 7
    yes i think it should be brought back otherwise EA sucks.lvl78 tt in Galilao Bionic Guild
  • skelPSskelPS Member Posts: 7
    yes earth and beyond have a community like no other ive experienced , it was fun to log group up with freinds and such  , just need another company not ea to handel affairs cuz they suck

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

I'd play it for a month, it was quite an accessible space mmo really.

• LordCalronLordCalron Member UncommonPosts: 3

I loved this game and its still by far my favorite.  I really do wish they'd bring it back.  I tried EVE and loved the graphics but content was lousy (still is to this day as far as I'm concerned) and controls just plain suck.  I keep hoping that someone would put out a game like this but so far its all WoW or SWG clones.

• KarmenianKarmenian Member Posts: 5

have to agree with you there klyde.

question for you Klyde  do you remember any other people from trade consortium??   i ran under the toon  balseraph a lvl100 jenquai warrior  on andromeda server   in Trade Consortium.   do you remember   Warstorm progen.  panhandler.

god i wish this game would come back.

need to pay attention to the postiong dates  rofl

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Holy thread rez batman.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• orolorooroloro Member Posts: 1

not sure why this thread is opened again ... but i played E&B and loved it ... just not the company that controlled it.

miss the game. could use some modern gameplay adds but still a great game imho.

• golfgolf Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by oroloro

not sure why this thread is opened again ... but i played E&B and loved it ... just not the company that controlled it.
    miss the game. could use some modern gameplay adds but still a great game imho.

just go here, I've been playing for over 2 months now.

http://www.enb-emulator.com/

• golfgolf Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by Karmenian

have to agree with you there klyde.

question for you Klyde  do you remember any other people from trade consortium??   i ran under the toon  balseraph a lvl100 jenquai warrior  on andromeda server   in Trade Consortium.   do you remember   Warstorm progen.  panhandler.

god i wish this game would come back.

need to pay attention to the postiong dates  rofl

go here

http://www.enb-emulator.com/

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

If EA will let me buy it I will bring it back and update the engine.

• SequenceLostSequenceLost Member UncommonPosts: 202

In all my years of surfing the web i have never seen a Necro as big as this one!   5 years!!!

WOW.

go to www.enb-emulator.com as many before me have stated, and please for the love of god, put this post to rest before it starts rezzing more of its kind!!

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by SequenceLost

In all my years of surfing the web i have never seen a Necro as big as this one!   5 years!!!
    WOW.
    go to www.enb-emulator.com as many before me have stated, and please for the love of god, put this post to rest before it starts rezzing more of its kind!!

lol i know i thought it was something new, then saw the one post say "god i can't wait for WoW to come out" and was like wtf and looked at the post dates

• AFvetAFvet Member Posts: 4

heh!

Do you know what was so great about Earth & Beyond? Its community. E&B was a first time MMO for a lot of us. Friendships were made in that game that still carry on to this day. It doesn't matter what the game looks like. What matters is our memory of the good times we had there. Now, we are at a cross roads. For the first time in all of these years we have the opportunity to join once again with our old friends, our fellow explorers, warriors and tradesmen / tradeswomen and explore the galaxy of  Earth & Beyond.

I want to extend an invitation to every individual that played Earth & Beyond all those years ago to come join us over at the emulator. We are currently in Stress Test III and can use all the extra players we can find to test Server capabilities. Just remember, regardless of the shape you find game play in at the time you first log in, years of effort has gone into this project. Great strides have been made in more recent months and things are shaping up as we are nearing Public Beta. So... come one, come all. Come join the fun and relive the memories.

AFvet[GM]
    Earth And Beyond Emulator
    http://www.enb-emulator.com

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

But it's an EMU, and EMU's always melt with trolls and griefers at some point (as I‘ve seen the beginnings of at EnBemu). If they could get permission, they could charge a nominal fee and keep the community healthy long term. EA would never give permission, they legally cant since they are bound by license agreements to their vendors. When this forum opened back up, I was really hoping that EA was getting ready for a major announcement, but time has passed.

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• MalsozMalsoz Member Posts: 14

mm did play it was nice abit little in the space factor  miss the opening scene with the girl :)

miss my char ofc but they * EA killed this game and they manage to kill Daoc also.

MMORPG trend that kills me is this idea that MMOrpgs need to be designed
    in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOrpgs.
    People that like single player game stay there
    Dont ruin my mmorpg....

• RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475

I would say yes, most games that were made by Westwood Studios were really good, it would be good to see this game revived. The only problem is, EA...

God, I hate this company, I still hate them for killing off Westwood Studios and destroying the Command & Conquer franchise.