Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a MMORPG with NINJA classe

davidvoyagedavidvoyage Member Posts: 11
As the title said, I'm looking for a good mmorpg(f2p preferable) with Ninja classes, have ninpou/magic skills, or throw kunai/weapon etc.  Other than Ragnarok.

Thank you.

Comments

• sctt888sctt888 Member Posts: 128

THE WOW ROGUE. He can steath, he can throw deadly and he cant tear things up like dooky on ghetto poems.

All in all WoW rogue

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    FF XI has ninja clas.. guild Wars has assasins... I guess most games has similar  classes...
  • ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by TwilightEdge
    FF XI has ninja clas.. guild Wars has assasins... I guess most games has similar classes...

I'm levelling NIN in FFXI right now. It's pretty fun, and I like the floating kanji effect of the ninja spells.

Chris Mattern

• davidvoyagedavidvoyage Member Posts: 11
    hmm..I think I should specify "Ninja" classe. Lke the name of the class is "ninja" or something close. Not assassin or Rogue. (Ragnarok have all those classes seperately: Assassin, Rogue, Ninja).
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494
    Check out Metin2 and 9 Dragons! I think both of these have sonething similar to a ninja class if not a ninja class
  • The_ArchonThe_Archon Member Posts: 49

Ummm.  CoH / CoV.  You can even create the ultimate ninja costume.

• MoneyinbankMoneyinbank Member Posts: 4
    How about every asian game ever made?
  • davidvoyagedavidvoyage Member Posts: 11
    Thx for your replies guys,

hmm...it seems up to now. It's only Ragnarok that has the ninja of my taste. (With magic skills like Ninjutsu and melee skills etc..)
  • RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    in ffxi ninja is a tank..
  • Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by davidvoyage

Thx for your replies guys,

hmm...it seems up to now. It's only Ragnarok that has the ninja of my taste. (With magic skills like Ninjutsu and melee skills etc..)

That is exactly what FFXI ninja is like, it is an extremely powerful class.
  • GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268
    Originally posted by The_Archon

Ummm.  CoH / CoV.  You can even create the ultimate ninja costume.
    True - and yes there is magic involved.
  • rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 151
    Yeah City of Heroes/City of Villains is the best mmorpg to make a ninja in.  You can be super heroes or a super villian and the character customization is above and beyond anything else out there.  It's funny going from COH to WOW I felt like the character customization in WOW was a letdown, even though it really isn't, it's just hard to go from the character editor in COH and move to any other game without being able to make a badass character in so many dynamics.
  • Publish6246Publish6246 Member Posts: 346
    UO has Ninjas if you can stand the crap graphics otherwise play jade empire

-----------------------------

SWG - PrePub9 Jedi mastered all professions - June 26th 2003 > Nov 15th 2005
    EVE Online - 24 million SP - May 6th 2003 > Early 2005
    PlanetSide - BR20 CR5 - May 23rd 2003 > Sept 2003

• davvindavvin Member UncommonPosts: 154
    yeah i believe 9dragons has something close to that if they don't have an exact ninja class
  • YosehuYosehu Member Posts: 12
    Dont forget ragnarok
  • PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147
    Yes, Final Fantasy XI and Ultima Online are the ones on the top of my head.
  • GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463
    I'm going to have to suggest another game too, you should try Silkroad Online. It might not be exactly like ninja, but being a thief is basically the same job. It doesn't have fancy throwing weapons or other similar type, but they have good weapons imo.

-
    Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    There isn't an mmo out right now that gives ninja's any sort of justice.  Cough Cough making ninja a tank is completely... wierd.  There might be more in the future as more japanese based MMOs are made; currently no high quality graphical mmo is based on japanese culture.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by CleffyII
    There isn't an mmo out right now that gives ninja's any sort of justice. Cough Cough making ninja a tank is completely... wierd.

Yeah, it is, pretty much; it's one of those things where the players find a way to use things the developers didn't anticipate. Ninja was supposed to be a puller class (one giveaway to this is that it gets mob radar on the compass rose). Utsusemi (copy image so that an attack kills the image instead of hurting you) was supposed to keep the Ninja from dying on long pulls. But players looked at that and said, "So it has paper armor. If you never get hit, who needs armor? A character that avoids ever getting hit sounds like a good tank to me." And sure enough, it worked. Utsusemi isn't perfect protection; it's not that unbalanced, and things get very scary when the NIN's shadows are down and he can't get them up again (NIN spells take long to cast and are very easily interrupted by enemy attacks), but overall, players have been very successful in turning Ninja into something it was never really meant to be.

CHris Mattern

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643
    I believe this thread covered all the potential ninja MMO games. If you are going with the historical appeal I would not count on any of them matching it perfectly. Head on over to our games list and take a pick from those games listed and see which ones fit you the most based on your needs from there.
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

In City of Villains, you can either play a Mastermind and command 6 ninjas...Or play a stalker and pick blade/ninjatsu.

It might not be perfect, but that is rather damn close.  The outlook and character editor is perfect has other spot out...in the Heroes version, you could play a scrapper with Katana/superreflexes, but much better in the Villain version IMO...after all...Ninjas are villains. 

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• poopypoowupoopypoowu Member Posts: 73

FFXI has a ninja class. Pretty cool!

But takes a awhile to unlock the class.

• GhostleaderGhostleader Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by poopypoowu

FFXI has a ninja class. Pretty cool!

But takes a awhile to unlock the class.

Yea their also the only class that can dual wield in the game, and you can sub a ninja on FFXI so you could be like a paladin/ninja or a Samurai/ninja its really quite amazing

• dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482
    The word Ninja is outdatet, start using the word Shinobi . Anyway try, COH, Ragnarok, FFXI

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860
    City of Villains has the actual Ninjitsu powerset its a great PvE game. but pvp..... um, I'm assuming u care not for pvp? CoX is a pve game at heart