Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KalOnline . . . Pro's and Con's

PhazzedOutPhazzedOut Member Posts: 6
Pro's

1.  It's Free!!!
  2. Great Graphics!!!
  3. 3 Classes with a lot of skills
  4. and Best of ALL its FREE!!!

Con's:

1. Lots of hackers and scammers
  2. Lags when lots of people play on server
  3. Very HARD to level after level 30
  4. The music gets annoying after a while

I played this game for a year . . . i got hacked and also got scammed plenty of times without any reassuance.  Its an ok game.  Its great to try out but you will eventually get tired of it.

Comments

• CryptidFXCryptidFX Member Posts: 8

&& It looks like HERO Online.

>:8

• maggotANUBISmaggotANUBIS Member Posts: 76
    every game has their hackers, just some games have better hacking protection then others...

But scammers really annoy me... if you can't get rich on your own, then find an easier game... scamming isn't worth it
  • lenxlenx Member Posts: 7
    I agree, this game would be great if there weren't so much kids and hackers playing and if there were any other jobs like crafting or farming. The only thing you can do in this game is grind grind grind, and from lvl 30 that starts to be a real pain in the ass because progress becomes sooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooowww!!

I don't know what it is with these koreans and their grinding, it's not even fun to do. Eventually, you will be so bored and tired of it and quit kal to never return. I know because i have multiple chars, one of them is 30+.

conclusion: nice game to play for a while, but if your char becomes lvl 25-30, it's time to create a new one or uninstall the whole piece of cr...
  • PteranodonPteranodon Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by CryptidFX

&& It looks like HERO Online.
    >:8
    ...and I stopped playing Hero a long time ago!
  • orkideaorkidea Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by PhazzedOut

Pro's

It's Free!!!
    Great Graphics!!!
    3 Classes with a lot of skills
    and Best of ALL its FREE!!!

Con's:

Lots of hackers and scammers
    Lags when lots of people play on server
    Very HARD to level after level 30
    The music gets annoying after a while

I played this game for a year . . . i got hacked and also got scammed plenty of times without any reassuance.  Its an ok game.  Its great to try out but you will eventually get tired of it.

"pro's"

1. It is free indeed.. who would pay such a game like this.

2. Graphics arent "SO BAD" and it does NOT look like hero online. (the post earlier..)

3. 3 Classes that get boring after time, lack of skills. (Honestly they do not have any usable skills, don't try to argue with me cause I have actually played this game..) All the attack mages example are using nearly same skills, it just depends on their build.

Only good thing is that you can choose where you put your statpoints in.. but its all the same as with skills.. everyone got same build and they all look like same..

"con's"

It is full of hackers, 10 year old scammers.. used to have training bots, gold hacks, duplicate hacks .. and such.

It didnt lag at all when I used to play.. only just before the servers went down for weekly inspection

It isn't hard to level after level 30. False information. Maybe if you played a healer and  trying to solo some monsters.. that's hard.

Very easy to level up to 45~ knight / mage.. and well archers are way too easy to level at any levels.. they do most damage even in the beginning.

Also you can always DISABLE the music.. don't be stupid.. it's not like you MUST listen the stupid background music all the time you play

• zhzz319zhzz319 Member Posts: 2
    this game looks a lot like ferentus to me 2 bad they shut ferentus down it was a rly good game
  • ItamiItami Member Posts: 1
    Kal is older than Ferentus.
  • NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by lenx

I agree, this game would be great if there weren't so much kids and hackers playing and if there were any other jobs like crafting or farming. The only thing you can do in this game is grind grind grind, and from lvl 30 that starts to be a real pain in the ass because progress becomes sooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooowww!!

I don't know what it is with these koreans and their grinding, it's not even fun to do. Eventually, you will be so bored and tired of it and quit kal to never return. I know because i have multiple chars, one of them is 30+.

conclusion: nice game to play for a while, but if your char becomes lvl 25-30, it's time to create a new one or uninstall the whole piece of cr...

I don't know what is with these English and their complaining, it is not even productive.  Instantly, you will be bored and tired of the instant gratification and quit <insert game name here>.  I know because I have multiple chars, one of them is 30+.

Conclusion:  If you don't understand why Koreans produce games with grind on it, you are not a good gamer.  The idea behind grind was that MMORPG was a process that is intended to take a while.  At least the original and traditional Asian model believes in working for your prowess in game.  The person that spend more time crafting or leveling and still remains intelligent is considered the good players.  Not everyone is allowed to be all powerful in a MMORPG in the old Asian gaming style.  English players believe they should be allowed to be the most powerful without putting in any work.  See the problem here?

• KuruhuhuKuruhuhu Member Posts: 2

I remember playing this game a long time ago (3 years ago ish)...  I got to about level 46, and yes it's 100% a grind fest.

I recently downloaded this (having played Guild Wars and WoW) and my god, this game pales in comparison.

@Neosai... I understand what you say about people bitching about how the game works but this idea that the Asian work ethic is represented by hours, days, weeks and months of mindless grinding is a joke... I do have to say though it was incredibly frustrating that they have no reliable english language within the game, yes I understand they are English Second Language etc but if you are going to sell the game to people who do speak English, please do it properly -.-

I would steer anyone who is even THINKING about playing this game elsewhere... go go Guild Wars (again free once you purchase the game) or pay to play a la WoW or EvE...

• edgeof101edgeof101 Member Posts: 3

i wont start to bitch about how much i hate WoW-fan-boys because everyone knows how they are.

first of im gonna say, WoW stole a lot of Merdians content and a lot others, so what is it i wanna say?

well, Kalonline adds content to there game more frequlent then most of the MMOS out there

Kal is a Grind game yea, but, so are all the others, WoW doesnt brake the idea of NONE-Grind,

WoW, is just as much grinding as any other mmo, if you dont like grinding then go of the MMO scene seriously

how many mmos havent got a way to grind hu? i mean common.

you can level in many ways in Kal-Online just like the other,

*you got Scroll Quests it gives you cash and EXP,

*you got grinding.

*Quests, they are curently increasing the amount as we speak (for higher levels)

*Party Dungeons

*GvG/PvP gives rewords that contains EXP and Cash

so saying that Kal, is all about grinding isnt a fair treat then all others got the same amount of grind

lets see what do WOW have, hmmm, Quest, Raid (BtW no exp from that) PvP hmmm sounds borring to me and adds content once a year >.<

again WFB´s get some info before flaming a game, or maybe play the game, if your defence are "First Expressions" then i am to say i left WoW pretty fast >.< hehe, all tho i came back to check it out more and i hate it the more i played it

WoW, ISNT the first MMO, go play maridian and EverQuest and tell us how much WoW stole instead,

PS: Wake Up

1994: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/55/Meridian-59-Evolution.html

1996:http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/56/The-Realm-Online.html

besides whocares whos first, blaming a game to be all grind, isnt, and never will be fair sence them all got it >.<

• KuruhuhuKuruhuhu Member Posts: 2

I played KAL online for quite a while, and at the time of playing it (2004/05) it was a fairly nasty afair...

I stuck with the huge amount of scammers, the instable game economy, but it was very good fun (if you had people to play with but well lets face it thats the foundation of MMO games in general).

However I just began to feel that the game designers were slacking a little... run downs on the game as I remember it back then:

Good points:

• Weapon upgrade system was interesting and very rewarding

• Graphics were very nice

• GvG via the castle control system was a very good end game reward (if you ever get to that level).

• Cool instance / raid environments

Bad points:

• No level cap (as far as I remember) = the balance and ability to catch up is hampered.

• Economy ruined by credit card scammers

• Lag was a factor (causes death -.- see below)

• Dying was penalised by taking XP away. (eventually my reason for leaving the game entirely)

I would like to see someones opinion from playing it recently.  Back a few years it was truly 10% hope for drops and 90% grind for XP.

The game must have come on some way since back then... I tried to log my old character but it turns out they stripped him of his gear -.- so trying it out again is going to impossible