Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XI-2?

FattSliceFattSlice Member Posts: 12
I was reading an EGM magazine and they said they have heard rumors of the next-gen Final Fantasy MMO. Anyone else been hearing anything?

Fatt-Slice™
~-[The one and only]-~

Top five most anticipated:
1. Hellgate: London
2. Halo 3
3. Bioshock
4. Grand Theft Auto IV
5. Crysis

Comments

• Kratos453Kratos453 Member Posts: 8
    I also heared something about another Final Fantasy MMO but all I heared was something about it being a sequel to Final Fantasy XI so I'm not really sure what's going on.
  • rock_harryrock_harry Member Posts: 183
    i dont think they do another one i just cant see it.

this one did not work how they wanted it too
  • DarkEssenceDarkEssence Member Posts: 47
    I think it'll just be a grand patch or update or whatever you call it. Like a new installation, kind of like in WoW the Burning Crusades. It'll most likely be something like that. I haven't even gotten a chance to play FFXI yet, but I really want to. A lot of people say it's way better than WoW, and that's good because I didn't like WoW.

I've played many games, and the ones that I play change weekly. Currently I am very interested in Gunbound, Poker, and Kwon Ho once more. I am thinking of returning to Maple Story and Ghost Online.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494
    They are working on a next gen mmo for ps3, 360, and win vista.  They showed some environment footage at e3 2005.  A magazine ran an article saying it would be a FFXI sequel but Square Enix denied that it had anything to do with FFXI other than the team that works on FFXI will be the same team developing it.  Square Enix said it is an original title not pertaining to FFXI.    Also in an interview with the guys on the FFXI team they said they weren't sure if they would be porting FFXI to PS3 and some functionality to PSP or devoting all of their time to a new next gen MMO(the one previously mentioned).
  • FattSliceFattSlice Member Posts: 12
    Interesting... It's still good news, FFXI has always been my favorite MMO, despite how old it is. I was hoping it would sort of continue off FFXI, but as long as they make a next-gen MMORPG I'm happy .

Fatt-Slice™
    ~-[The one and only]-~

Top five most anticipated:
    1. Hellgate: London
    2. Halo 3
    3. Bioshock
    4. Grand Theft Auto IV
    5. Crysis

• traquenatraquena Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by FattSlice

Interesting... It's still good news, FFXI has always been my favorite MMO, despite how old it is. I was hoping it would sort of continue off FFXI, but as long as they make a next-gen MMORPG I'm happy .
    That will be nice, but I suggest they'll make a newer twist on their games FFXI have a nice storyline .