Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've never played This Game. Should I?

13»

Comments

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356

It's not the quote that makes me feel uncomfortable, it's the fact that everytime I see a Bible verse in a thread, it usually evolves into a flame war against me.

Just a little paranoid, that's all.  image

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

...and the Bible discussion will end right now.

I went back and looked at the FP date, you were right it was June. So fudge it, I'll just go buy the darn thing its only $20 and i get a month free.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

It took you six pages of discussion to get you to that point?  Wow.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Are you refering to me Zide? Because if you are, you might want to tone it down. 

I work 10 hours a day at a regualr job. MMORPG.com is completley volunteer work. Hence the time to monitor these forums, let alone go out and buy something during the week is very difficult. If you notice i started this thread on a Wednesday. 

This thread wasn't just about ME playing SWG but also what other's felt about how the the game had progressed since launch. That is why it remains open with strict moderation.

- Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

Dude, chill out.  I wasn't trying to offend you.  It was a joke.

Explaining a joke kind of detracts from its humor, but I was saying how funny it was that it took six long pages of discussion and debate for you to reach such a simple conclusion: $20.

So, I'm sorry if I pissed you off.

• rosswatkorosswatko Member Posts: 20
    OK....i started yhe game 2 days after it came out...it had a feeling that i never felt before about a game....sounds kinda corny but it did... i couldnt let go... then after a few months it got worse..i didnt feel like going on. I suddenly reralized the game is the most boring thin ever after nothing is new... all you do is go do missions and grind. And pay for ur house/harvesters. So I quit for about 3 months. Then i came back to see what was new... all therer was were vehicles....*sigh* I feel like SOE doesnt really care. I told my old friends that i caem back and moved in with therer player city.... i sat in the cantina by myself most of the time... and the city has over 100 residents... so as i knew was gonna happen soon i quit after 2 weeks.... havent gone back since.... and i never will.Stating my point u dont wanna buy the game.image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    o-('.'o-)

Dont test me, they cant arrest me! 0o

• Originally posted by Malkavian

I know this subject has been asked time and time again. Recently however, there has been some changes in regards to peoples opinions of this game. For the positive.
    I've never played this game because of all the negative comments made about the game in these forums alone. I've never even previewed it, looked at a demo or even research it.
    I've noticed lately, people are returning back to the game and have had some positive comments about it.
    I need some assistance in making a discission.
    Should I at least try this game and see what all the hype (negative and positive) is all about?
    Please state your reasons why or why not I shouldn't.
     - Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

Here is a test:

1. Are you a Star Wars fan?

2. Are you a casual MMORPG player? Meaning do you only have 1 to 3 hours free time each time you sit down and play a MMORPG before you have to take care of the rest of your life's responsibilities?

If you answer "yes" to both #1 and #2 then yes you should definatly try and play SWG. You are the intended market for it. There is a very, very, nice chance you will like and enjoy SWG,

If you answered "no" to #1 you should try SWG. There's a 50% chance you will like it.

If you answered "n0" to #2 then do NOT try or play SWG. It is not intended for you. It is NOT intended for hardcore players.

It is not about how many bugs there are. It is not about what the same 5-12 SWG bashers at this site keep repeating over and over (many of their info is untrue too). Though I still find it funny anyone would take the words of 5-12 bashers over what 200,000 to 330,000 SWG players have said. imageimage SWG IS  a successfull game. But the question is ... is this successfull game for you? Just like EQ is a successfull game, but it is still not for many players out there.

It is not even about what the very few SWG fans at this site say. It is about IF you, or the many lurkers out there, ARE part of the intended target market for this here game. Thus the above test I make mention of. imageimageimage

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

How can you say that this game caters to casual gamers?  Not so.  Everything worthwhile in this game can be participated in only by powergamers or casual gamers who have spent a long time leveling their characters.  I played this game non-stop since August, and mastered only one basic profession (finally quit in March).  That's it.  I got close to mastering two, but then I deleted the character.

And if you're a casual gamer who is wishing to become a Jedi--you can flush that dream down the toilet along with all the other useless crap.

• HrnacHrnac Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by zide56

How can you say that this game caters to casual gamers?  Not so.  Everything worthwhile in this game can be participated in only by powergamers or casual gamers who have spent a long time leveling their characters.  I played this game non-stop since August, and mastered only one basic profession (finally quit in March).  That's it.  I got close to mastering two, but then I deleted the character.
    And if you're a casual gamer who is wishing to become a Jedi--you can flush that dream down the toilet along with all the other useless crap.

I am a very casual gamer and I find that SWG fits my gaming style very nicely. Having played these types of games for almost 10 years now, the main thing I have learned is that the fun is in the journey, and not the destination. I remember when I first became a Grandmaster Swordsman in Ultima Online. While it was exciting to finally complete something in the game, I later realized that I really missed the journey to becoming a GM Swordsman. I see SWG as a game that closely parallels UO in many areas and suspect that the journey to Master XXXX will be more rewarding than finally getting the title.

Just my 2 credits.

-Hrnac

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Originally posted by Hrnac
    I am a very casual gamer and I find that SWG fits my gaming style very nicely. Having played these types of games for almost 10 years now, the main thing I have learned is that the fun is in the journey, and not the destination. I remember when I first became a Grandmaster Swordsman in Ultima Online. While it was exciting to finally complete something in the game, I later realized that I really missed the journey to becoming a GM Swordsman. I see SWG as a game that closely parallels UO in many areas and suspect that the journey to Master XXXX will be more rewarding than finally getting the title.
    Just my 2 credits.
    -Hrnac

Agreed.  I've mastered quite a few professions with my characters and every time I get master it's simultaneously good and bad.  Good because I accomplished something I set out to do.  Bad because that's the end of the road, short of completing the higher level dungeons.

The journey is definitely more important than the destination.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.