Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game disapoints me..

2»

Comments

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Arcken

Originally posted by wrongfeifong

Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by Leemay

i got the game played for about 2 days and got really bored really fast i'm a fan of final fantasy but this game doesnt  have the same.. idk feel to it i guess
    While I think you should play  a bit longer to get a good feel of the game, don't expect a real Final Fantasy experience. it is Everquest with a Final Fantasy theme slapped on it.

I concur what your said, this isn't just an everquest with ff theme. This is the REAL final fantasy of all FF series. the theme of final fanatasy has been always about coming an end of destruction and hopes will save them all. This game still have this concern with the story of all 3 expension. The stories are great and the fighting are great, unlike a FF console game, fighting bosses lock you up to specific jobs and styles (being xx level and your chr are set) but FFXI give great and more indepth fighting as the game runs in real-time base and there are more then million ways to play it as the world is limitless not like FF console.

Playing 2 day won't even get you pass the level 10 barrier, no matter how good you are. Even as a veteran player who have a 75  brd and 65 whm, it still take me a whole day to get throught level 10 where things actually pick up.

The quests in this game are MUCH MUCH MUCH more indepth then any other game. Comparing to wow, wow is crap, when you play wow would you ever brother to take time to read the note/quest lore? This game forces you to read them. WoW and Everquest might have alot quests but they are just tools to level, not real quest where people do it by interests.

Basically, if you don't like this game and liked other FF games, you can't call yourself a fan. You might have used some cheat codes or walkthrough when playing FF series. Hence not a true FF gamer. Don't disgace yourself and call yourself a FF fan.

I dont call anyone not 30+ real FF fans. My first RPG experience was FF on the NES in 1989. Not long after they started comin out for the old gameboy, and I managed to get every one of em even the crazy one that wasnt even an rpg. (Final Fantasy Adventure I think it was). IMO the immersion that I got from playing those oldschool games came from the imagination required to help you get past the bad graphics, both gameboy greenscreen, and NES. Hate me as much as you want but anything FF7+ isnt even really FF to me. its like someone spilled Scfi into my Fantasy genre. The last elements of imagination required to play the FF series are pretty much gone as now you get eye popping hollywood effects on every screen, with crazy voice overs, giant explosions etc etc. Its all very Hollywood, and suffers from mainstream commitment.

So to wrap this up, if youve been spoonfed Hollywood FF games since 7+, you can call yourself a fan, or a super fan, or anything you want for all I care, but you really did miss out on the very essence of what made FF great and sustained it through all of its incarnations.

P.S. I stopped playing console FF after 10, cmon a time travelling soccer star that spits lame catch phrases after every battle?  Ugh, running out of ideas are we?

So... if you're not over 30, it's impossible to have played the original FFs?

Ummm... You do realize the flaw in that logic, right?

You can still get and play all the old FF titles to this day... even if you're 10. And again, to *you* the FF experience was best presented in the older games... However, you can't presume to decide what it is for everyone else - or really, anyone else. Square Enix are the only people who decide that. They decide what the next story will be, where it will take place, etc.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• brodiusbrodius Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Daedalus732

Uh, yeah, you have NO RIGHT to tell people they aren't FF fans because they don't like one of the games, particularly the online game which takes a complete departure from the traditional FF gameplay.

FFXI takes a HUGE time commitment, and for most of the classes, you end up sitting around waiting to get invited into a group so you can grind your character up the levels with the hope that one day you can kill notorious monsters and get good loot. Then you can repeat the whole process with another job.

It takes forever to do just about anything past about level 18-20, and the developers have found a way to make practically everything require a ton of time to accomplish.

That said, maybe the game is fun for those of you who can throw six hours a day in a row into this game, but most people have commitments in their real lives that prevent such things.

damn i have real life commitments i can play the game for 3-4 hours every other day and think it is a blast i have played wow, daoc, swg, lineage, cities of heroes/villans, everquest, and numerous other games.  This game is all about community. I was lvl 8 some one helped me out of a bad situation and invited me to a shell so i could make it easier. you don't have to play this game everyday to enjoy it. You just have to find a system that works for you, apparently you didn't even try.... FFXI is the best mmo on the market multiple jobs only need one character to be anything you want. This being said i am proving you can play FFXI in a more casual way and still enjoy it...

• jaharjahar Member Posts: 234
    teganx, go play WoW then if you dont want a challenge

Arcken, im with ya 100%.. cept my first console rpg was DW.. i personally felt that the FF series peaked at FF2, and then went downhill... it turned into like final scifi on ps.. man i miss my 16 bit rpgs when it took more than graphics to sell a game.

Ziabatsu, i agree, i could put 15 hours or so in and get close to lv 20, but give the game to anyone that has never played before, and no in-game friend help, and theres no chance they get past 10.

FFXI is a hardcore game.. this was once a hardcore genre.. i guess its just about making money now, they have to water MMOs down to appeal to the masses. Its the compexity and difficulty that always appealed to me about games. It does kinda suck that you cant really solo effectively past 15, and its hard as hell to find a group sometimes, but it forces you to meet people. I met a guy in WoW a while ago who never interacted with another player til lv 58. 58!! its an MMO! that second M is for multiplayer. i say screw the masses and go back to h-core. if ya want to solo all the time buy an offline rpg, or somethign like diablo.

• AshGUTZAshGUTZ Member Posts: 339

Oh man, don't even get me started on some FF11.

First MMORPG I ever played. I thought it was a god send [if there ever was one]. I played a Taru WHM/SMN. I was in love with this game. As soon as I tried WoW and realized it didn't require all the grinding then sudden drop in exp from one death though, I was bought. Cancelled FF11 - went to WoW. You're right about the no challenge thing -- but I liked having my life back for a little while. Until, I joined a raiding guild with mandatory online times. Then it kind of became a job.

yeah theres also that.. one thing i do like about WoW  is if i have 45 mins i can play.. FFXI i wouldnt go near if i didnt have 2 hours+ to dedicate to it