Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is SWG as buggy as I fear?

I've been thinking about playing SWG for a while, but I keep hearing about lots of lag and lots of crashes to desktop. ::=^~::

I suppose any grind is bad, if you're anti-grind, but SWG sounds like it has sooooo much potential to be THE sci-fi MMORPG.

::=^*::

Alatariel Carnesir

Alatariel Carnesir

Comments

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495

SWG is a very demanding game, so if you don't have a really good computer with a GB of ram you will get lots of lag in the cities and possibly even some crashing.

To be honest though I think there are better MMORPGs out there.

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• AlatarielCAlatarielC Member Posts: 66

Hi Oracle! ::=^*::

I have 640MB RAM, Athlon XP 2000+, and Radeon 9800SE. I should be ok, ya think? I'm just gonna try out the 14 day trial.

Oh yeah, another question. ::!^)::
    Since only one character per server is allowed, what can anyone tell me in what NOT to do during character creation?

::=^*:: *smooches*

Alatariel Carnesir

Alatariel Carnesir

Yo!

Yeah your computer should be fine, you still might get a little slow down in the crowded cities but such is life.

And the Mon Calamari look kinda like evil salmon... so unless you go for that kinda thing...

Oh, and btw, flame flame flame image

I still think there are better MMORPGs out there, like CoH or DAoC, but I guess that's the nice thing about the 2 week trial.  Oh and the player built city thing has gone a little overboard in my opinion, particularly when Tatooine looks more like Correscant.

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

Originally posted by OracleP4

Oh, and btw, flame flame flame image
    --OracleP4

I knew you cared! ::=^):: Thanks for the tips.

Alatariel Carnesir

Alatariel Carnesir

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by AlatarielC

Hi Oracle! ::=^*::
    I have 640MB RAM, Athlon XP 2000+, and Radeon 9800SE. I should be ok, ya think? I'm just gonna try out the 14 day trial.

Yup your computer is fine

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Downloaded the trial and it looks good. The download is HUGE, 1.8GB! I love my ISP. ::=^*::
    There's a lot to learn. I'm glad the trial's two weeks! ::=^~::
    Will I ever see any of you in-game? :::^)::

Alatariel Carnesir

Alatariel Carnesir

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Depends on the server you pick.  I play foremost on Naritus, then Ahazi, then Kettemoor.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

Originally posted by AlatarielC
    Will I ever see any of you in-game? :::^)::

If you pick the Chilastra server, Im usually on every night.  My name there is Gideoon

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• HrnacHrnac Member Posts: 44

I am also on the Chilastra server. My chars name is Tarsus.

-Hrnac

Ok, I'll make a character on the Chilastra server. :::^)::
    I'm starting out kinda slow, I think, so maybe that server and some help will make it better.

Alatariel Carnesir

Alatariel Carnesir

I used to play on Corbantis, but I don't play anymore, nor will I ever cause Player cities made that game stupid.

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

lol Oracle

Not to flame, but i think its comical how you start out with a reasonable response then end it with a SWG SUCKS.

lol, your opinion and thats cool....just find it interesting is all

Alatariel....just look me up, Ill try to help you the best I can

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    Anyone play on Flurry? I'll be there for 12 more days heheimage

I made an entertainer on Gorath. Hehe, dancing is cool!!
    Anyone play on Gorath? I play Aldan Ili on there.

Alatariel Carnesir

Alatariel Carnesir

Originally posted by En1Gma

lol Oracle
    Not to flame, but i think its comical how you start out with a reasonable response then end it with a SWG SUCKS.
    lol, your opinion and thats cool....just find it interesting is all

Hey at least I listed a legitimate reason why I dislike the game so much. 

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

>I edited it due to last post<

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Please edit the link out of your post En1gma. Thanks

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."