Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: European Deal and Beta

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Mythic has announced a deal with GOA, a French publisher, to publish and operate Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning across Europe. In other Warhammer news, North American and European beta sign up is now open.

FAIRFAX, VA - JUNE 6, 2006 - Mythic Entertainment, a leading developer and publisher of massively-multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG's), today announced Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (WAR) will be published and operated across Europe by GOA, the France Telecom-owned publisher of online games. GOA has successfully operated Dark Age of Camelot in Europe with Mythic since 2001. WAR is based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer® fantasy war game and features next generation Realm vs. Realm™ (RvR) game play that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict. WAR will arrive on the PC simultaneously in the US and Europe in the fall of 2007.

"The initial partnership between Mythic and GOA resulted in Dark Age of Camelot being the number one MMORPG in Europe for many years," said Mark Jacobs, CEO and President of Mythic Entertainment. "With WAR our goal is nothing less than to take Europe by storm and regain that leadership position in the European market."

"We are thrilled to be partners with Mythic again and build on the five-year relationship and experience that we've been enjoying with their team," commented Ghislaine Le Rhun, Senior Vice President of GOA. "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning has tremendous potential and we intend to treat the game with all the care it deserves. We look forward to introducing the game to European players."

To learn more about WAR, visit www.warhammeronline.com. Sign up for the monthly newsletter to receive exclusive stories, art, and game information, as well as a chance to take part in the game's beta test.

Read more about the deal with GOA here.

Visit www.warhammeronline.com to sign up for the beta.

Comments

• AedosenAedosen Member Posts: 234
    Can anyone still playing DAoC tell me if the EU servers still get updates months after US thanks to GOA ? and are they planning the same shit for WAR ?
  • Noooooooooooooo! Not GoA!
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    I wonder if we'll have to wait a month to get new patches again...

I wonder if EU will be excluded from any kind of developer events again...

I wonder if GoA will make any kind of effort to listen the community and portray its views to the developers...

I think ill be purchasing a US copy.

This is a dark day for European MMO fans.

---

• SeyrcimSeyrcim Member Posts: 5

GoA again... I made a promise to myself when I played DAoC. NEVER play anything that GoA runs again. Will be US-servers for me alright.

And the beta sign up, who the heck decided on the password requirements?? At least two digits and at least two uppercase, at least 8 chars, but no longer than 16. Idiotic, that kind of rules are exactly what makes people write the passwords on post-it notes.

• mibermiber Member Posts: 11
    Why is the GOA deal news? It was announced June 6th of last year..
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    As long as EU players are allowed on the US servers, I don't really care.
  • FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    GOA? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll either skip this MMO completely then or play on US servers one way or the other. Anything but GOA and their p1$$ poor support of the english community

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• harabasharabas Member Posts: 100
    why is ASIA always excluded from betas'?

• AnawielAnawiel Member Posts: 98

This is bad news indeed. I don't have any personal experience with GoA, however I have heard nothing good about them either. And why do the developers always have to separate the europeans from the americans, are we so bad image

• VladrekVladrek Member Posts: 1
    Lol miber, I was wondering the same thing.......I think  a quote from mbj on GOA/WAR would have been a better news post. BTW if you have a quote about dev run events can you post it in the thread on WHA? (spent 2 hours looking for one with no luck, I know there's a few out there)

-Killgar
  • SeyrcimSeyrcim Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by harabas
    Think you'll have to go with the US beta. Be glad you don't have to deal with GOA ;P
  • EliasThorneEliasThorne Member UncommonPosts: 338
    I really hoped GW would at least have researched DaoC enough to know GOA = BAD!!

Not that Mythic would have warned them :(

Currently Playing: GW2
    Currently Following: Elder Scrolls Online
    Games in my wake: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Asheron’s Call, Asheron’s Call 2, City of Heroes, Dark Age of Camelot (SI to Catacombs), DDO, EVE Online, EverQuest II (beta), Guild Wars, Horizons, Lineage II,LORTO, Rift, RF Online (beta), RYL, Saga of Ryzon, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, WAR, WoW

• zuz3xzuz3x Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by harabas

haha..:D