Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Comments

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    SO it won't be Kotor(99.9%)...

anyway, i hope the Bioware mmo is going to be great

but i really wish it is Kotor...
  • zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by iamjason1989

SO it won't be Kotor(99.9%)...

anyway, i hope the Bioware mmo is going to be great

but i really wish it is Kotor...
    How do you know it wont be Kotor ?
  • paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    jade empire.  need to fix that jumping though.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• tiddilywinkstiddilywinks Member Posts: 12
    A Kotor mmo would make me cry (in joy that is), no joke...lol
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren
    QFT! go go a REAL star wars mmo :)
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    With regards to SWG vs WoW I think the engine for SWG was pretty horrible from the start.  It was akward to move around and comabt was a bit annoying because of it.  The way things spawned in the world was also very buggy and still is.  The first rule in making a game is to have good gameplay and having clunky movement and combat is a no no.  The graphics didn't impress me that much when the game first came out and they stil don't.  Overall I feel the Star Wars license could be put to much better use then it was.
    Originally posted by Aseenus

Originally posted by Brenelael

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren
    QFT! go go a REAL star wars mmo :)

with you.
    Originally posted by paulscott

jade empire.  need to fix that jumping though.
    no man. not another fantasy
  • PanzergoatPanzergoat Member Posts: 20
    KotOR without any kind of doubt. If done right, it'll be an amazing mmo!

Jesus is your buddy!

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Hehe...

Having a choice first is making it more popular.

Having peoples go on the Star War fansites to come vote here and bump the thread is also funny.

I am obviously a D&D fan.  I also like SW, but I rather see any D&D franchise...

Also the multiple divisions of subject will make them dwindles in face of undivided subject, see the lack of SWG2 options to divide from Kotor pool...hehe  but D&D franchises are put at the worst place in the poll, and they are divided.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Originally posted by Anofalye

Hehe...

Yeah. If You are under 13.
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    Originally posted by zaykodroid

Hehe...

There are no need to be insulting.

But even an adult can be affected by this.  Let's say you prefer chocolate to Maple, but not that much and it is a close call.  Maple is presented first and chocolate is presented near the bottom but not at the bottom, then Maple is likely to get your vote.

This is Marketing.  The fact you are rude doesn't change marketing rules.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Hehe...

There are no need to be insulting.

But even an adult can be affected by this.  Let's say you prefer chocolate to Maple, but not that much and it is a close call.  Maple is presented first and chocolate is presented near the bottom but not at the bottom, then Maple is likely to get your vote.

This is Marketing.  The fact you are rude doesn't change marketing rules.

I didnt insult you man, just it is not effective for an adult imo.

and yes you are right about marketing, it is the main rule of capitalism but, 

It is different to hangin on a supermarket being in that atmosphere (eveything says BUY me), chosing between chocolate or sugar and giving a vote on a forum at computer.

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772
    I don't care as long as i don't see any elfs. Although i think KOTR is over rated i played it was boring as hell, I think i almost completed it before i took it back to the rental store. (xbox version)

Ahh maybe i do care lol Personally i dont think it will have anything to do with mass effect or star wars. Lucas arts is making an mmo apparently so they arnt gonna license their franchise to someone else if they plan on making a star wars game.

And mass effect is a new game, releasing an mmo for it when its just about to get released is a stupid idea, they would lose money, espescially since its an unproven ip, for all we know its another fable.

I think it will be something original, or maybe something loosely based on their old games. of course ill happily say if that im wrong if they announce somthing like kotor or mass effect it not like i can see the future
  • Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

Anything followed by "And we decided to make our own engine instead of using somebody elses."

...damn modders...
    Which MMOG development studio has an in-house engine that's on par with the Unreal Engine 3 or the CryEngine 2?

That's right, No-one!

Which MMOG development studio has a better in-house AI engine than the Kynogon Kynapse?

That's right, No-one!

Which MMOG development studio has a better in-house 3D modeler / renderer than 3Ds Max and Mental Ray?

That's right, Nobody!

The list goes on and on...

The most undesirable people in a MMOG dev team are the programmers; and the more you have the worse your problems become! The most valuable and desirable people in a MMOG dev team are artists with god-given talent and visionary designers! Middleware allows you to minimize the number of programmers on the payroll while providing the artists and designers with state-of-the-art tools with which they can build 'living, breathing' synthetic worlds of unsurpassed beauty and realism.

Middleware is the way of the future...contemplate this on the tree of woe!
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    as we can see... notor is winning by far :)

go go make it!
    Originally posted by Aseenus

as we can see... notor is winning by far :)

go go make it!
  • EvilxBunny20EvilxBunny20 Member Posts: 65
    Baldurs gate Deff... Its more original than KOTOR
    Originally posted by EvilxBunny20

yeah, I love Baldurs gate but... another Fantsay game?.........naah..

Originally posted by EvilxBunny20

yeah, I love Baldurs gate but... another Fantsay game?.........naah..

but maybe a history game without spells or fantasy would be good
    Originally posted by Scriar

I don't care as long as i don't see any elfs. Although i think KOTR is over rated i played it was boring as hell, I think i almost completed it before i took it back to the rental store. (xbox version)

Ahh maybe i do care lol Personally i dont think it will have anything to do with mass effect or star wars. Lucas arts is making an mmo apparently so they arnt gonna license their franchise to someone else if they plan on making a star wars game.

And mass effect is a new game, releasing an mmo for it when its just about to get released is a stupid idea, they would lose money, espescially since its an unproven ip, for all we know its another fable.

I think it will be something original, or maybe something loosely based on their old games. of course ill happily say if that im wrong if they announce somthing like kotor or mass effect it not like i can see the future

Kotor, boring ?

interesting...

• lancebirdlancebird Member Posts: 166

It will not be KOTOR ( as Bioware no longer has rights to it ) and it won't be D&D based ( as there is already a fairly new D&D MMO ).

I read an article a while ago with an interview with some bioware exec.. and he said something to the effect that they wanted to focus on creating their own worlds.  Would seem to me that Jade Empire would fit that, but it could be something completely new.

Regardless, they know how to make good games.  So it'll be worth watching for.

• wouldzeywouldzey Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by lancebird

It will not be KOTOR ( as Bioware no longer has rights to it ) and it won't be D&D based ( as there is already a fairly new D&D MMO ).
    I read an article a while ago with an interview with some bioware exec.. and he said something to the effect that they wanted to focus on creating their own worlds.  Would seem to me that Jade Empire would fit that, but it could be something completely new.
    Regardless, they know how to make good games.  So it'll be worth watching for.

Bioware never had the rights to the SWG licence. They simply won the rights to the kotor project. The same is with SOE and could well be the case if infact this mmo does turn out to be kotro online or swg2.

Although a SW mmo would be my first instinctive choice this one comment by James Ohlen (creative Director at Bioware) kind of makes me think otherwise:

GFW: How big is your writing team? Can you explain your writing process?

JO: One of the things we want to do is create more story content than in any other BioWare game before, and we started a writing team earlier than in any other BioWare project -- more than twice as big, nine total, and they'll be on the project twice as long. The reason is that the world is huge and has tons of paths and options.

He said WORLD! Meaning a single planet or environment. At first glance this kind of rules out a star wars mmo from the outset. I think when the mmo is announced there are going to be an incredible amount of people disapointed that it isnt star wars but there will be many more of us still looking forward to bioware's entry into the mmo market. And about time too hehe.

Here is a link to the interview with bioware, its a great read and although gives no clues as to what its based on, you get the impression they are trying to do something really different with their mmo, not the wow experience where character and story is totally irrelivant to the game you are playing.

Im excited, im really excited about this project, i think the team there and all the massive experience and talented guys that have flocked to bioware to work on this project will make a really special game. Whether it's for me or not remains to be seen, but ill definately try it. I almost cried when the interview touched on simulation versus story driven (rulling out a sandbox mmo) but it could be very interesting. I just hope the economy in the bioware mmo is nothing like wow thats all.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155486

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268
    BioWare has formed a new online team to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game, EGM reports.

www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php
  • snoopy20snoopy20 Member Posts: 85
    I cant troll through 25+ pages so this may have been said, but i would wet myself if they announced a Baldurs Gate mmo. Yes the fantasy market is overflowing but this is just my oppinion. If they do a starwars mmo that would be good too. I just hope it is deep and complex and not just for a huge market so they make it as dumbed down as wow. A skill based system would rock my socks. Although they could just make a SWG clone, so it would be hard for them to make it totaly original because if it is KOTOR it would be rather silly seeing 2856781 jedi's running about. So to avoid being a swg clone may be difficult.

*edit* just read the article posted above, mentioned something about Baldurs Gate.... i almost wet myself hehehe!

Currently playing: Planetside, Americas Army.

Praying to Zeus for: Darkfall.

This discussion has been closed.