Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape 3?

ZelphienZelphien Member Posts: 17
Okay so many people arent good fans of RuneScape 3 and/or dont like that game at all. There is a rumor spreading saying that they are going to make an RS3. Did anyone else hear this? I don't think they are going to make it but i was just asking because you never know...

Comments

• Chase05Chase05 Member Posts: 113
    rusescape was boring

maybbe if if #3 wasnt running off a browser than maybe it mgiht be good
  • velocityvelocity Member Posts: 102
    i agree, hope te make it more like WoW or better, if there making 1
  • MasakariosMasakarios Member Posts: 9

The Runescape creators should really move onto bigger things don't you think? Runescape 1 was enough. That or I'm too old for the game now to comment.

Masakari Out.

• Shad0wN3xusShad0wN3xus Member Posts: 31

I highly doubt it. They've already stated that they're not going to make a RS3 until the current one exceeds the current limitations. (Player max, etc)

I play Runescape quite a bit, and if you've been following their updates a bit you'd find out that they're updating the graphics for certain areas and even updating the player graphics soon. So technically they're not going to make a RS3 yet, they're going to make RS2 alot better.

-Shadow

• stickmstickm Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Chase05

rusescape was boring

Do you guys know what Jagex stands for? (jagex is the company making runescape)

Java Gaming Experts. All non-browser games are done in like c++ ect. They would probably have to hire all new staff

I would think they would stick to online browser games, they have carved out their own area where no one is competing against them... the standalone game market is way way to crowded right now.

• morbiddogmorbiddog Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by stickm

Originally posted by Chase05

rusescape was boring

Do you guys know what Jagex stands for? (jagex is the company making runescape)

Java Gaming Experts. All non-browser games are done in like c++ ect. They would probably have to hire all new staff

I would think they would stick to online browser games, they have carved out their own area where no one is competing against them... the standalone game market is way way to crowded right now.

umm sorry to say this but no your wrong you can code a java mmo without using a browser example: wrum online
  • Matador8Matador8 Member Posts: 11

Ya i really got into Runescape(my first MMo)i dont care what people say but if they did not make it a browser and let you just download it they could actually make it look good.Because to me the game was good,how you can cook,fish,dig for minerals.....etc this is what to me made the game fun to play and i have not played any other MMO that has that kinda of status.So if they juat make it a downloadable game that awsome.

PS:You know another thing that made this game great was that its good for dial up users.Because thats what i was using at the time.

• KanaxaiKanaxai Member UncommonPosts: 120
    That was one thing I loved about runescape...you could access it anywhere, as long as you had an internet connection. I was ADDICTED to that game for a long time, but it is just plain dumb now...If they made RS3 have graphics like Guild Wars or silk road, but the same content..it would be awesome. But other than that....no.
  • doinkermitdoinkermit Member Posts: 36

i played runescape for a while a year or two back and if they made rs3

with Guild Wars graphics or even WoW graphics i would definately play

better graphics+same exact game play for rs would definately make it alot better

Currently Playing: GW
    Waiting For: Fury, AoC, GW:EN

• ronald13412ronald13412 Member Posts: 15

dude runescap 1 sucked runescape 2 sucks how u now runescape 3 is going tobe good

• greengiant30greengiant30 Member Posts: 4

I think that having runescape in the browser is what makes it unique and you can play it literally on ANY computer without downloading anything just a bit of loading.

Personally i hope it stays a browser game and about runescape 3, i dont think that is going to happen for a looong time.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

I dont know why everyone talks so trashy about RS, you know it's a bad game when no one knows about it but, c'mon, everyone KNOWS runescape, anyone that played it in the past was ATLEAST hooked, seriously, don't deny it! If graphics and movement and couple other things on the game was better, it could be one of the best games, well my opinion. RS opened me to a world of MMORPG's and I would go back and play it...well probably not but it WAS a very good game though, BUT if they DID make a RS3, I would definitely give it a try without a doubt.

• FarquaniaFarquania Member Posts: 120
    A kid hacked me and got me perm muted. 2003-2005 non-stop, 2006 once a week, was way too much. The best thing is the economy. There are so many items that not everyone runs around in rune (at least not a year ago). Like, for instance, if you want to become great at the wilderness, you will need dragonhide armor to even it out. There are so many items that everyone looked original, unlike mmogs these days. Nowadays in games there's one elite armor that everyone wears, if you don't you're gonna lose at PvP so you are forced.

Runescape is made in Great Britian (Wales, England) and most people arent playing on Windows 3.1! The main reasons I quit were because: 1) Lack of support (e.g. "our evidence shows you were in full control of your account at the time of the incident.")
    2) Screen resolution is horrible! 6 inches isn't going to cut it. Improve this, and I'll play more than once a month.
    3) Lv87 is boring when you decide to stop paying 5$ a month.( They wouldn't cancel one of my hacked accounts, and therefore I lost over 40$.)

If they can add a higher resolution and "3D" graphics I'll play more. These are vital for games now that people use XP and Vista.

PS- I typed this on my Wii so excuse any mistakes.

• evilbob13evilbob13 Member Posts: 23

I'm not saying i like runescape, but idk why people say it needs to have 3d graphics. It already does. What we actually want is better detail/quality. And changing the graphics still won't make gameplay any better...

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

according to RS official Mods, NO RS3 ...

Used to play RS alot, retired level 109 - went for WoW, Now LOTRO - waiting on WAR and AoC

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• Whos_whoWhos_who Member Posts: 4

I played runescape. My friend told me a few years ago there'd be a RS 3. A years passed sence then so i don't think there makeing one.

• pepsispritepepsisprite Member Posts: 4

And why would they in any hurry? I mean they are currently doing smaller upgrades every week but that costs very little. On average theres about 200,000 people on a day about half or more are members paying 5 dollars a month. Do the math and then look at the outcome.. if you were making that kind of money STILL on a pretty bad graphics game then why the need to update? Sure its great having it as a browser... you can log on anywhere, bad thing is it suffers because its not the same as installing a game for example guildwars or lotro

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

The truth is, Jagex have no plans for an RS3. Since RS2 was launched, it has changed so much with 2 major graphical updates and alot more things so you can basically call current rs2 rs3 if you want...

To the people who hope they are going to going to change from java to be c++ or something like that, thats just pure idiotic. One of The main reasons there game is a major success, is because people can play it anymore without long loading times. Moving it to a different game engine would make it harder for people to play it, so jagex will lose quite a few of there players.

?

They've already said they WILL NOT and DO NOT have any plans for RS3 on the official forums

• Ben_GrayBen_Gray Member Posts: 17

Jagex have already stated that they will never make RuneScape a good game.

Originally posted by Ben_Gray

Jagex have already stated that they will never make RuneScape a good game.

lol what?

• enteartemaenteartema Member Posts: 7

I've beeing playing Rune Scape for more that one year, and if it's something that i can say is that is one of the best mmorpg i've ever played. it dosent look to good, but its a game where u dont need THE COMPUTER to play and its very very fun, and u are totally free to do what ever u want, io dont think they are going to make RS3, runescape is perfect now and its getting better and better every day!

EnteArtema

• Runefruit10Runefruit10 Member Posts: 42

I quit RuneScape a couple months ago, but I check the news every once and a while. With Summoning skill coming RuneScape will be more popular, but in every thread on this site I've seen about RuneScape none of them has mentioned its combat. That is one of its biggest downfalls. The combat is the worst period. I hate the idea of toe-to-toe fighting press 136254 till you win idea, but even that is better than what RuneScape has. I was hooked on RuneScape from the New Years day 2006 till about summer 2007. This game will be great if they update its graphics and its combat. Maybe even make it FPS, the future of MMO's. RuneScape's economy is amazing. It is fun to watch prices fall and rise when updates come out and new items come out. The economy is just great. The community, however, sucks. Mostly because its all immature kids. I don't think its wrong for kids to play, but if they are immature than they shouldn't. If RuneScape wasn't a browser (which would mean a huge change in the Jagex company) than there wouldn't be as many kids. If I could walk into one of Jagex's offices the first thing I would say would be: Update your combat. The second would be graphics and the third would be community, which would be hard for them to update anyway.

RuneScape has good concepts. It is a sandbox style game with great quests. RuneScape has one of the best quest systems in the MMO market. Its not that go kill 10 things for me cause I want you to, they all have a meaning. They all carry on into other quests revealing things about the different races and things. Speaking of races, they need to make playable races, but deffinately not classes. Keep the freedom in there. Before they do that, though, they need to do those three things I mentioned.

Among The Shadows
    http://atsdf.com/

• krizzi123krizzi123 Member Posts: 3

hey guys! i waas reading the thread and i was wondering where can i test rs3?

• krizzi123krizzi123 Member Posts: 3

what lvl´s are u who play rs?