Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Radical Idea

I have went back to EQ2, and it has succesfully cleaned the bad taste out of my mouth VG left...  EQ2 is the de facto gold standard for high fantasy MMO's right now, and I am really loving it more than ever!

Many people are like and have went to EQ2 from VG.  The chat is always a-buzz with anti VG rhetoric...  Why doesn't SOE implement the niche features VG has (fellowships, riftways, flying mounts and etc) into EQ2 ,shut down VG and offer all VG subscribers a free EoF all-in-one download for the current version of EQ2 and throw in a free month?

These games are so similar that it would really make sense... 

To you who still play VG, if EQ2 implemented as much of the features you like about VG, would you take them up on this offer?

Comments

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

I would prefer Vanguard with some of the better features of EQ2.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501

Yeah,  but that would be like throwing out the baby with the bathwater...

But your point stands, and also verifies that these games are indeed very similar...  Interesting resuilts thus far, honestly, I was expecting a rather lop-sided response against this idea, so far it is 1/3rd willing to switch, and 2./3 not... 

• AbraxosAbraxos Member Posts: 412
    Originally posted by Dis_Ordur

I have went back to EQ2, and it has succesfully cleaned the bad taste out of my mouth VG left...  EQ2 is the de facto gold standard for high fantasy MMO's right now, and I am really loving it more than ever!
    Many people are like and have went to EQ2 from VG.  The chat is always a-buzz with anti VG rhetoric...  Why doesn't SOE implement the niche features VG has (fellowships, riftways, flying mounts and etc) into EQ2 ,shut down VG and offer all VG subscribers a free EoF all-in-one download for the current version of EQ2 and throw in a free month...
    To you who still play VG, if EQ2 implemented as much of the features you like into VG, would you take them up on this offer?

I wish they had already made this offer because I just bought two expansions for me and my wife after leaving VG. Smed could have saved me $80.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I loved EQ2, really; I played it since launch and had only stopped about 2 months ago. But, I really hope VG establishes as something own, after a thorough rework. I dont think I will ever really play EQ2 again, maybe a few weeks to test the next addon, but not really. Despite my love for it... I kinda just have seen it enough. I am full of it, so to speak. I learned that in EoF. It is a GREAT addon, really, but after 8 weeks I had enough, despite the novelty. It just had grown old for me after 3 years.

But, there is much to learn in EQ2 for VG, of course and the devs there did a GREAT job, so I have hopes for VG in the mid or long term future.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• sonicringsonicring Member UncommonPosts: 44
    excellent idea. I too like eq2 so much more its established alot more consumers can use there home computers and play it rather then with Vanguard that runs shotty on top end computers. Kill vanguard migrate to eq2 in some way ,save one game kill the blacksheep.

Okay Ell, what is they tied in some of the lore and gave it a different flavor?  You say you are "full of" EQ2, but these enhancements, add ons and additions ala VG style could really go along way...

Hell, they own VG now, why not fuse a Telon into the mix with Norrath?  The nice thing about having an outlandish fantasy setting is that anything can go, and nothing is 'out of bounds'...

I am in no way bashing VG...  Had this game even been 75% complete, I would still be playing...  The performance was the deal breaker, I didn't spend $2,000.00 plus on my monster rig to have a slide show running on a recent title...  That really irked me in a bad way...

The results are even more interesting now!  Who knows, maybe some SOE suit is reading this and seeing lightbulbs dancing around in his/her head, go ahead and PM me if you would like to hire me as an "outside consultant", I will require the same compensation as Mr. McQuaid though, LOL!

• nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272
    They would have to make HUGE changes to EQ2 in order for that to happen. First off their game needs to be expanded upon... A lot.... and the instancing system has gotta go.

I disagree.  EQ2 could easily have a combination of instances and open area dungeons.  CoH does this already, I fail to see why EQ2 couldn't... 

I do agree that this would mean a major expansion of the EQ2 world, but that in itself would be the draw to get VG players over to EQ2...

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by Kenze

I would prefer Vanguard with some of the better features of EQ2.

Yeah, that would definitely be my take as well.  I just can't get into EQ2, but there are some aspects of it that I do like and would like to see intergrated into VG.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Dis_Ordur

Many people are like and have went to EQ2 from VG.  The chat is always a-buzz with anti VG rhetoric...  Why doesn't SOE implement the niche features VG has (fellowships, riftways, flying mounts and etc) into EQ2 ,shut down VG and offer all VG subscribers a free EoF all-in-one download for the current version of EQ2 and throw in a free month?
    To you who still play VG, if EQ2 implemented as much of the features you like about VG, would you take them up on this offer?
    I have said yes to this, mainly because I have suggested it 10 times already on these boards