Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 Takes The Boards!

FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Oh my my, Everquest 2 has finally taken the boards for the most anticipated MMORPG for future release! Being an EQ2 Supporter for a while now, im glad to see that others are now taking the same perspective!

It was the amazing graphics in the movies wasn't it ? image

-Farseen-
" Faruka ! "

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

Comments

• DrakolDrakol Member Posts: 56
       suprisingly i never liked EQ. when it was released i gave it a try for a month then went back to UO, but i was very suprised that after i started reading up on the game and watching trailers that i am getting excited about it. Lets hope its as good as they say it will be, and we hope it will be.

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

• scx316scx316 Member Posts: 106
    I really think it will be. Infact I think it will be better. Every sony online game that I was looking foward was MORE then I expected, like LOE. That game in my opinoin is one of the best RTS games ever.So I think it will be the same with EverQuest 2.

• EowadeEowade Member Posts: 41
    Well, is SOE does not follow the same path they did for EQ, the game will do great!  I am very optimistic, and hopeful, that this game will be much better.

Guild Historian

The Technicians of Justice

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    What boards are you referring to? Last I saw, the poll MMORPG.com ran had 32.1% of people say they were most excited about WOW, and only 19.6% most excited about EQ2.  I think a bunch of EQ2 fanboys just went and hyped WOW at 1 on the hype-meters to lower it's rating! Cause WOW is way way better!

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• AzronAzron Member Posts: 41

EQ2 has had a higer hype rating than WoW since about the time they launched the voice over trailer.

Face it WoW your game used to look better, that was back in the day when the only screens of EQ II were the old models and there was little information known about the game. We know everything about WoW... people can make informed decisions.

We still do not know everything about EQ II, other than the graphics are the best in the industry. The voice overs are going to be just amazing. There is no better word than amazing. EQII is going to be done right, lots of concepts seem crazy but when you really think about it they are solving so many problems with their ideas.

WoW will likely have a bigger launch than EQ2 but it will not become a bigger game. You wish Warcraft could compete with EverQuest. EQII has more hype that WoW and beta hasn't even started yet LOL.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by OracleP4
    What boards are you referring to? Last I saw, the poll MMORPG.com ran had 32.1% of people say they were most excited about WOW, and only 19.6% most excited about EQ2.  I think a bunch of EQ2 fanboys just went and hyped WOW at 1 on the hype-meters to lower it's rating! Cause WOW is way way better!

-------------------
    --OracleP4

I'm sure WoW fanboi's such as your self hyped EQ2 as 1, so quit bitching. EverQuest II has the most hype from mmorpg.com, and that's the end of that.

NVidia - The way it is meant to be played

ATI - The way it really plays

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Originally posted by rathma

I'm sure WoW fanboi's such as your self hyped EQ2 as 1, so quit bitching. EverQuest II has the most hype from mmorpg.com, and that's the end of that.

Actually I think I hyped EQ2 at more like a 4, but maybe I should change that to a one to level the playing field since I'm not as militant as most EQ2 fanboys.  Plust WOW has 1010 comments on it's hype meter, and guess what, EQ2 has only 793. So when you graduate from grade 2 you'll learn that 1010 is farely larger number then 793.  Plus WOW is much more anticipated on the MMORPG.com poll that shows up on the home page, so sit down fanboy before I have to school you again image

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

Actually I think I hyped EQ2 at more like a 4, but maybe I should change that to a one to level the playing field since I'm not as militant as most EQ2 fanboys.  Plust WOW has 1010 comments on it's hype meter, and guess what, EQ2 has only 793. So when you graduate from grade 2 you'll learn that 1010 is farely larger number then 793.  Plus WOW is much more anticipated on the MMORPG.com poll that shows up on the home page, so sit down fanboy before I have to school you again image

-------------------

--OracleP4

[/sarcasm on] Oh no, i am being schooled by some 7 year old WoW fanboi... [/sarcasm off]

Ok first off kid... You don't have a graduating ceremony from GRADE 2! You must be an idiot to think that.

Second, why the F&^% does it matter that WoW has more "comments". Well let's take a look over at WoW's comments "OMG11 WoW will be cool Cause it's BlizzArd! Omg WTF?!?!"

You never school me kid, and you never will.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Yeah, lets look at some of those great WoW comments...

Edgil would you like to f*&^ your self?kptone u 2 This game will pwn u all!!

The real guts of Blizzard are now working at Arenanet, and after playing the E3 demo of Guild Wars and watching the E3 gameplay movie of World of Warcraft, I gotta say it shows.

After hearing betta reports and reading about the game....just seems like the same formula as every other fantasy MMORPG out there. Nothing ground breaking about it.

I Dunno

Think this game will be great. Blizzard has not let me down yet.

Can't wait to play in 2057

Blizard allways makes good games! and This is no exeption

I gave this game a 10. I haven't played any Warcraft games but I have played Diablo 2, it's from Blizzard so I suspect it's gonna be good.

Its the best MMO around. I gave it a 10 cuz im a big warcraft fanboy and this looks awesome. this game is gonna kick

Blizzard has proven themselves. The few games they make are always very fun and well thought out. This is sure to be a winner.

blizzard title and blizzard never makes a bad game NEVER

Blizzard, are the Best.. I Expect great results from WOW

Hehehe... Blizzard fanbois for teh win!

Seriously tho, different people look for different things in games, personally I could never get into WoW, but thats just my opinion.. I'm hyped over EQ2, but I was turned off by WoW before I ever gave EQ2 a second look.

And really, as my qoutes above point out, bragging about how many comments each game has really doesn't prove anyone's point, I didn't even quote any of the ones that were posted by obvious EQ2 fans or people who just didn't like WoW, just ones which were FOR WoW but funny.

Personally I think both games will succeed and both be very well done, it simply comes down to what you're looking for in a game. For me EQ2 has that and WoW doesn't.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Wow Kunou. You sure did your homework on this one. Personally i was too lazy to fetch all the comments, but thanks! They are great for a few laughs.

[/sarcasm on] Oh no, i am being schooled by some 7 year old WoW fanboi... [/sarcasm off]
     Ok first off kid... You don't have a graduating ceremony from GRADE 2! You must be an idiot to think that.
     Second, why the F&^% does it matter that WoW has more "comments". Well let's take a look over at WoW's comments "OMG11 WoW will be cool Cause it's BlizzArd! Omg WTF?!?!"
     You never school me kid, and you never will.

Did I say anything about a ceremony fanboy? No, I just said graduate... let's see, graduate: move up to (a higher grad of activity, etc) Please stop Making my point for me that you still haven't actually finished grade one and get back to school already.  As the old saying goes, it is better to remain silent and let everyone think you are a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt. image  Do yourself a favour and give that a try.

And while we're at it, how about we look at some of the EQ2 comments:

:P

Nice graphics but... Anything else? This game looks like the same thing I´ve seen soooo many times...

A mindless game for mindless people.

i put zero cuz this game sucks its pay to play and it really isnt worth it mabey i would chagne my mind if i had a free trial of it...

After looking at the FAQ the only good thing i can say about this game is the graphics are nice, but considering the Dev team only gets 2 frames a sec to get Screens that good, I gave this game a 3

EverQuest ruined the MMOG genre and beat into everyone's head the newbtard Class based system. Here comes another dose of cancer for the Genre.

Plastic graphics... Booooring. WoW is gonna wipe a*s with this game.

NOT LIKE WOW !!!

So I don't know what sort fo point you were trying to make Kunou, but there are lots of negative comments about EQ2 as well.

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

• LuthianLuthian Member Posts: 1

Either way you are just going to choose between EQ2 and WoW by the end (lets leave the other games out for now). There will be countless (and pointless) debates as to which one is better. Sure WoW has a good backing with the fact that its made by Blizzard, but its not because SOE is making Everquest 2 that it will actually be less worthy of recognition. Actually a large sum of the original Everquest team is now at Sigil making Vanguard, so the game is bound to be different by virtue of having a different development team. And as for some of the screenshots of EQ2... they do not give the game credit cuz they are mostly old a do not apply to the game as it is now.

I am going to play EQ2 because the game appeals to me. Not because some hyper-meter said that it will be better then another game or some comment deterred me from a certain game. I am choosing not to play WoW because the gameplay does not appeal to me (besides the fact that they actually share a large number of features, its the little things that make the difference). Hopefully you followed the same line of thinking and went with a game that appealed to you, not because you like the previous Blizzard/SOE games or read a comment that made you rethink your choice.

And please stop showing the worst of the worst comments that were written for either side, it really shows your age, or at least your maturity.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

So I don't know what sort fo point you were trying to make Kunou, but there are lots of negative comments about EQ2 as well.

Well my main point is simply YOU'RE IN THE EQ2 FORUM TRYING TO PUT WoW OVER EQ2... It's not going to work...

My point in quoting those comments, well, I stated my point in my post which you apparently didn't bother reading, so I'll state it again: YOU brought up the comments, and I pointed out that said comments really don't prove anything. And I quoted those comments as examples of why the number of comments doesn't matter. No one ever brought up the EQ2 comments, other than you. I was simply pointing out that the fact that there is 1010 comments on the game doesn't mean anything considering how many of them are either bashing the game, or stating how "|337 & Uber WoW will be based solely on Blizzard's history" and such... Yes, there are comments just like that in the EQ2 Hype-meter, but those were never brought up.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

And while we're at it, how about we look at some of the EQ2 comments:

:P

Nice graphics but... Anything else? This game looks like the same thing I´ve seen soooo many times...

ROFL, obviously this person knows nothing. If you want a game that looks the same go play WoW.

A mindless game for mindless people.

Umm.... ok image

i put zero cuz this game sucks its pay to play and it really isnt worth it mabey i would chagne my mind if i had a free trial of it...

Oh wow, pay to play. I'm sure this is not the only mmo doing that.

After looking at the FAQ the only good thing i can say about this game is the graphics are nice, but considering the Dev team only gets 2 frames a sec to get Screens that good, I gave this game a 3

If you ever watch the E3 videos they run smooth, alot over 2 frames a sec.

EverQuest ruined the MMOG genre and beat into everyone's head the newbtard Class based system. Here comes another dose of cancer for the Genre.

Plastic graphics... Booooring. WoW is gonna wipe a*s with this game.

Looks like your comment Oracle. First off, the graphics aren't plastic. "WoW is gonna wipe A*s with this game" is no excuse to how it will be better.

NOT LIKE WOW !!!

Yes, this is where the game suceeds.

-------------------

--OracleP4

• otaku4loveotaku4love Member Posts: 44

Same old story here I see, my game is better then yours <sigh>.

Well after beta testing WoW for about a month I became board with it. Don't get me wrong its a fun enough game but not that great. I gave my account to a friend so I would finish my finals well. With that said I don't miss WoW at all. I am however looking forward to EQ2. I think that it will be unique to the genre. And everyone arguing over whats going to be better is pointless, we'll all see the number on the games once they go gold. But I do think that WoW is going to be more appealing to the casual gamer that is more experienced with other Blizzard type games. And that EQ2 will be of a community of hardcore MMRPG's. Just my 2c's though. Flame away ^^

• AlatarielCAlatarielC Member Posts: 66

EQ2 is teh rool!

Um, I mean... ::::02:: I can't wait until I can play it with all of you! ::::22::

Alatariel Carnesir

Alatariel Carnesir

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

Originally posted by Kunou

Well my main point is simply YOU'RE IN THE EQ2 FORUM TRYING TO PUT WoW OVER EQ2... It's not going to work...

My point in quoting those comments, well, I stated my point in my post which you apparently didn't bother reading, so I'll state it again: YOU brought up the comments, and I pointed out that said comments really don't prove anything. And I quoted those comments as examples of why the number of comments doesn't matter. No one ever brought up the EQ2 comments, other than you. I was simply pointing out that the fact that there is 1010 comments on the game doesn't mean anything considering how many of them are either bashing the game, or stating how "|337 & Uber WoW will be based solely on Blizzard's history" and such... Yes, there are comments just like that in the EQ2 Hype-meter, but those were never brought up.

my....god......

KUNOU! BE THE FATHER OF MY CHILD!