Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Energy for the Future??

fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

Comments

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047
    Thats pretty cool but within the next 2 years hell be murdered like the other guy that discovered a way to make cars run on water.

Another thing im wondering (like one of the comments on he video) is weather it is effecient it may work but what if we end up using more energy then we are making?

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Interesting, and I can see a lot of useful applications, civilian and military, but it is far from an environmental solution on its own.

Think about it this way, that machine is going to require a ton of electricity to power if it is modified to perform well enough to be used on a national scale. That power is going to have to come from somewhere. You could build a bunch more power plants of the ordinary type, and then use the hydrogen to power cars and in other remote applications, but then we've just shifted CO2 and other pollutants to another source, without reducing fossil fuel consumption by any significant amount. Other power sources such as wind or hyrdoelectricity are already stretched to their limit, and cannot possibly cover the shortfall. The only realistic way for this to work would be to cover the difference using nuclear fission power plants. Aside from the bad publicity such power plants get from people that don't have a clue about the subject, such an increase does present a number of problems, from increased security threats to issues with efficient and safe waste disposal.

And of course, if gasoline is cheaper, we will unfortunately be sticking with gas. And no, the oil companies won't have to twist any arms to make it so, this is one of the sad problems with a free market society.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

good point I wonder how much energy it takes to generate the amount of radio waves to cause saltwater to burn..

I thought it was interesting though

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    Interesting. But unless more details are provided it's impossible to say if this is anything worth counting on. Details like how much energy does it use to get that water burning?