Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth it? I have some questions...

Well im playing wow currently and am reaaaallly bored of it..

LOTRO has VERY little classes (not that wow has alot) and they dont seem to be balanced out.

In the new expansion do they plan on introducing new classes?

Also will the pvp get any better? I mean... PvMP kinda sucks, player versus player monster? OR am i wrong, its player versus player AND player monsters?

Thanks in advance!

Played almost everything...
Currently playing nothing...
Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

Comments

• ferthalaferthala Member Posts: 129

I think LOTRO and WoW are very similar. If you are bored about WoW you will get bored about LOTRO too.

I got bored about WoW as soon as I reached max level, and I am playing LOTRO now. I am having a lot of fun, but i will probably get bered when I reach max level too

about the classes, there are few alternatives but they are pretty fun to play. (i dont know if they are adding more though)

about the PVP its plaver vs moster player atm, and I think it seems a good idea, but i have to say i have not tried it yet (i will soon)

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415
    Aaah... Thanks man - I might get this till Warhammer Online is released..

Anyone else have any more information ? Please post :D

• amousamous Member Posts: 169
    I enjoy LOTRO more then I did WoW, it is a lot of fun to play and its a good filler till AoC comes out.

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

In my opinion, and please everyone note that I am saying in my opinion, LOTRO felt like a watered down WoW. It's a decent game, but it lacks a lot of the meat that MMO's need to hold your attention. Most of it is due to the IP, but either way it detracts from the fun. There is a lack of starting areas, so replayability is a no go, and the quest lines are the same for everyone which again makes replay redundant.

Then there is the general feel of the game which to me was not all that great. It lacks a bit of the depth that I look for in an MMO so I wasn't all that into it. Again though, it is a pretty decent game, and there are a lot of people here that seem to love it. My advice is to throw the $50 bucks down and give it a shot. Worst case scenario is you paid that money for a month's worth of entertainment.

GL, and I hope you do enjoy it.

• SernoSerno Member Posts: 45
    I have briefly tried out monster play and I ran around a bit and didn't see any action immediately so I logged back on my freeps toon. I think once more players get to lvl 50 and do raids in the ettenmoors (the pvp area) it might turn out to be something but I can't really make a judgement call on it. I think it would of be more fun to have actual factions but that would violate lore or something because you can't have orcs going to raid the shire because that never happened. My main toon is a lvl 24 champ and I'm a little concerned with a game that does have an ending and does have to cater to strict lore. But it is pretty fun and worth a try.

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415
    Aha.

Thanks you all, LOTRO doesnt seem like the game for me. Till WAR comes out I think ill get full gladiators etc in WoW :P

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by TedDanson

In my opinion, and please everyone note that I am saying in my opinion, LOTRO felt like a watered down WoW. It's a decent game, but it lacks a lot of the meat that MMO's need to hold your attention. Most of it is due to the IP, but either way it detracts from the fun. There is a lack of starting areas, so replayability is a no go, and the quest lines are the same for everyone which again makes replay redundant.
    Then there is the general feel of the game which to me was not all that great. It lacks a bit of the depth that I look for in an MMO so I wasn't all that into it. Again though, it is a pretty decent game, and there are a lot of people here that seem to love it. My advice is to throw the $50 bucks down and give it a shot. Worst case scenario is you paid that money for a month's worth of entertainment.
    GL, and I hope you do enjoy it.

mmmmh... Wow has 3 starting  areas per faction and guess what? LOTRO has 3 starting areas too.... so what gives? how it has less starting areas? considering you cannot go level in the other faction's starting area in wow, in that respect the games are equal... but for the fact that lotro starting areas are way bigger than wow's ones and feels like coming out of the book.

Quest lines are the same, yes, but for the epic storyline, that changes with your race. that coupled with the different starting areas means you will have 3 different experiences frome level 1-15. after that, I do not yet know as I've not progressed any further so far.

honestly, at the moment i consider lotro superior to WoW. the quests are more fun to do and the world feels incredibly immersive. streams, forests, mountains.... they look so beautiful....

As for pvpm. Playing a monster can be great fun especially as you do rise in power with time as you unlock new abilties and rise your attributes, plus you can play as a warg or a spider and unlock different "looks" for your character with destiny points.

But yes, at the moment not many free people in the ettenmoors, you you are stuck fighting npcs and the occasional dude as a monster, but that is gonna change as soon as people level up.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"