Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I had some trouble.... can someone help me??

deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112
i had some trouble with this game, for some reason the game runs fine (at first) but about 15 min.s into the game it just ups and crashes, my computer doesn't crash, the game window just closes at random. I played this game durring beta and it turned me off from playing it again. Lately i downloaded it again figureing that the game just had a few glitches and that was what was crashing it, well suprised to say after i downloaded it again it started crashing again. Does this game have any known problems with video cards, like other games do on occasion? I admit this game is fun for a free game, but it crashes on me makeing it impossible for me to do anything contrustive in the game. Can someone help me out here?

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comments

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

I had heard about this happening to other people, so you aren't alone. It never happened to me but it was all over the forums when I played.

TBH though, the game had much worse issues. I stopped playing it a long time ago and never looked back.

• TheSilencerTheSilencer Member Posts: 11
    I have heard that this game does not run smoothly on integrated graphics cards; I don't know if that applies to you.  Although only a speculation, I have experienced it myself.  I never crashed when I played on my laptop with a ATI discrete graphics card.  Since I switched to a system with Intel 950 integrated video card, the game often just quits during scene transitions.  Although I have found that some sessions (from starting to quitting) do not crash.  It could be related to the number of people on your server, the way the game is loaded in RAM at the time, etc.  I hope your problem gets resolved.
  • deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112
    yes i do have a integraded card, so that might explain it. This game is fantasic but the crash problem has pushed me away from playing it. I know when they get everything fixed i'll probably go back to playing this game... I admit it a great game .... But until the graphic card problem gets fixed i think i'll just lay off this game and find something else.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• TheSilencerTheSilencer Member Posts: 11
    I don't blame you.  Unfortunately the crash has gotten worse for me since the server I played on merged with an older server.  I can only imagine that the server load may have something to do with it as well.  I hope the problem gets fixed soon and we can all play without frustration.
    I know... server merges shouldn't be done in the first place but game programmers still do it anyways. Flyff had a bunch of huge problems when they tried a server merge. Oh well im sure they'll get everything fixed up eventually, but until then im just going to chill and play flyff and albatross18.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• sonicwhipsonicwhip Member UncommonPosts: 117

try some of these.

1.contact live support and tell them about your problem.

2.download a patch.

3.download the latest client from the website.

4.chek your systems information and compare it to the minimal requirments.

that'll be 100 bucks

I've tried all of those, they gave me an address for a forum, and i tried everything listed on the forum... NOTHING worked at all so im guessing it may be a server problem or a glitch in the game that there isn't a fix for yet... I'll wait until the problem gets fixed and then i'll play again. I just see it as getting cut off after 20 min.s or so is to much of a pain... it causes me to lose track of what i was doing and can even cause problems with leveling... oh well i'll keep myself updated and let everyone on here know when they fix this glitch or whatever it is...

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• ErecErec Member Posts: 35
    I crash to desktop all the time too...usually when I load into a section of a city or loading into the sea...it crashes.
    Well mine is completely random... sometimes my ship is out at sea and i move once and the game quits, i just gave up on trying to play this game... it got on my nerves haveing to start the game over and over trying to get something done on the game. I figured its not worth getting angry over so i just quit playing, maybe some day i'll go back to playing this but in all honesty i doubt this problem is going to be fixed any time soon. It's sort of like flyff and the guild and party window glitch where if u try to bring them up the game quits on you... They've known about that problem for a long while but still don't know how to fix it.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• pirateerpirateer Member UncommonPosts: 219

I absolutely love this game. My only problem is the same as yours. My computer restarts randomly when I go to a loading screen and I get a blue screen. So I shut down my computer. I did this for like two days, got tired of it and got the live help. They said delete the game client and download it again. So I downloaded the game again only to find out that it didn't do anything.

I took a closer look at the blue screen and lo and behold, the stop error had to do with one of my drivers. My video card driver. I then un-hid all files on my computer and went to see what my video card was. Integrated. I have the latest of the integrated SiS cards though. So that made me very mad.

I contacted VCO staff to see if they would be willing to update the game so it would accept integrated cards. Still waiting for the response. I'll get back and post it when I get an answer.

The fact is that they've known about this problem for quite some time, but unfortunately there is probably no known fix right now... This happens a lot with games that are slightly low budget. WOW went so well because it was planned out for years and years and had pracitically an unlimited budget to make the game. Games like this have a fixed budget and usually the game is pushed to be released by a certain date because the people who invested their money want their money back. Give it tim and im sure they're get this game fixed up.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• ErecErec Member Posts: 35

Yeah I know how you feel I also have a Int. card and I crash to desktop all the time as well like I said already...though its not totally random like for you (that really sucks) As for me everytime I load into something whether its going from a section of a city to another or going from a city to the sea...i basiclly cross my fingers hopeing game does not crash....it happens all the time....it sucks

but i still do my best to handle it..... i do not blame you for qutting...random crashes i could not put up with...at least for me I know when it may or may not crash lol. I hope the devs fix this problem soon.

• pirateerpirateer Member UncommonPosts: 219

OK so i got a message back from VCO staff.

Original message:

Hello, I was wondering if Voyage Century was going to undergo an update in which it accepted integrated video cards. I have an integrated video card, and the game crashes my computer randomly when I go to a loading screen. This is a real turn off to the game for me and was wondering if you could please update the game clients so they would allow integrated video cards. Thank you for your time.

Their reply:

Dear Player,

This is IGG ( the Internet Gaming Gate). Thank you for your letter. As you mentioned    update the game clients ?we will take into serious consideration.

Thank for your support and understanding.

For more information about Voyage Century please link to: http://vc.igg.com to chat with our live support or contact us by E-mail: [email protected]         .

Yours sincerely,

Voyage Century IGG Team,

Fri. 30th. 2007

As you can see it's all generic messages. I really don't think they will take it into serious consideration. But hey, it was worth a shot.
    I doubt it either, and chances are they probably don't know how to fix it yet... So im sure that message you got was one of those things they sent to hundreds of people in hopes of stalling until they know exactly what they are doing.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• rcandeiasrcandeias Member Posts: 1

Hi There to all having this problem of being CTD (Crashed To Desktop).

The very same thing was happening to me, so I started paying attention to detail as I know was not the server nor the installation. As this happened to me both on the busy server Columbus as well as on the nearly empty one Vasco....

After awhile I noticed that whenever my anti-virus updated it made the game crash (I have NOD32) but I've been told by other players the same happening with other AV's.

So my suggestion is to make sure nothing else is connected to the Internet at that time apart from the game as I am advising you to disable your AV while playing or at a minimum disable automatic updates as this can interfere with the game functions.

Since I done that to mine it crashes maybe only once in a whole session (which for me is about 8 hours).

Hope this helps.

Rikaa

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

If you are running a duo core processor, change the affinity so that the game only runs from one core. Not positive it will help, but i can fairly guarantee VC does not utilize multiple-core processors and sometimes that can be a problem. I only suggest this because Anarchy Online and some other older games present the same problem to multi-core users. And VC is an older game, IGG just translated it to english.

Hope it helps.

Edit: if it is the graphics card, try installing drivers a version or two old and see if that changes things. Newer drivers can conflict if the game isn't updated to match the changes.

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236

Your doin beter than me , I cant even get it installed. But I never have been able to install or understand games that use torrent and require that I unpack this and unzip that. Looks like a good game, hope you get it worked out.