Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TRUE system requirements

Please post here how lotro works, and what are system requirements for quite "nornal" :P gameplay

I got p4 3,2ghz 1gb ram radeon x800 xt , works?

Comments

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by mahometus

Please post here how lotro works, and what are system requirements for quite "nornal" :P gameplay

This PC will run it on high settings w/o any glitches outside Bree. (mine is almost exactly the same specs)

To have a smoother experience in Bree, you might consider more RAM though...

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• mayamanmayaman Member Posts: 21
    I got a AMD X2 3,2ghz, 2gb ram, nvidia Gforce 7950GT 512mb ram, and i only get on seriously busy days in bree a jump here and there in performance, but on normal nights, even in bree it all runs smooth
  • tombear81tombear81 Member Posts: 810
    My main rig is a 4200 X2 Athlon 64 processor, 8800GTS Geforce, 3 Gigs of Ram (DDR 3200), WinXP. And the game runs well on ultra high settings with only landscape lighting reflections turned off. Bree is sometimes busy and hard drives thrashing is a tad stuttery. Sometimes in the wilds I get an odd slight stuttering which goes away after 30 seconds or so.

On my parents PC... Athlon 2800 XP with 5900XT Geforce with 1 Gig of RAM, , WinXP. I can play with low or very low settings.. post processing needs to be turned off and I can up mob draw distance without too much a performance hit.

Very low is playable but basic graphics... low is pretty similar... medium is not too bad looking and a compromise.. high is nice looking and probably a sweet spot for performanc eon most modenr machines.. very high is a bit better looking.... ultra high is not too different from high and is for idiots like myself who spend too much money on the graphics cards 

Hope that helped...

EDIT: With your specs maybe low to medium. Its very hard to say. Can you not get hold of a buddy key for your region and trial the games performance out ?
  • ElwinorElwinor Member Posts: 3
    Your system is very similar to the one I just replaced, but I had 2g RAM and a geforce 6800. It ran great at medium to high settings. My new system, core2 duo, 2g ram, and geforce 8600GTS plays well with settings cranked to the max and 1920x1200 res. In some towns it becomes very sluggish so I tend not to keep the graphics that high. And I get periodic crashes, moreso at higher settings. I have Vista tho, and based on what I've read that in combination with my particular graphics card is the problem. So I'm going to revert to XP and see if that clears things.

I would also suggest more RAM. LOTRO seems to be RAM intensive. I'll probably add another gig.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,935
    Originally posted by mahometus

My comp is worse than that , and i run the game on high settings with maximum detail.

Only problem is slight lag when entering the city , but you have to stand for 10 secconds until HD swap the files , and than it is smooth again.

Except for that i get 30+FPS average

• FalelornfaleFalelornfale Member Posts: 53
    I play on my laptop atm

2.2ghz Turion AMD 64

2 gigs of ram

128mb ATI 9200

and I play on high settings, very little lag anywhere except out side the prancing pony when there is 50 people standing around playing music.. sometimes the HD swap takes a bit, but  not long..

Playing EQ2
    Quit - LotRO, EQ, EQOA, EvE, FFXI, DAoC, TitD, AO, AC1, AC2, AA, CoH, CoV, D&L, DS, DDO, EA, GW, HZ, IW, L1, L2, M59, UO, MoM, MoUL, N2, RS, RO, RoE, RYL, SB, SO, SWG, MxO, UO, VSoH, WoW