Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About 80% Twinks......

XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
I play on EU-Nathrezim (PvP) and i made a rogue to 60 and its not a twink on that server but its quite good.

I go on Warsong ALOT, and i see about 80% of them Twinks. People all made Mains, and dont use them... they play on their Twinks......

Anyway:

I was wondering if it would be better to carry on my Rogue on lvl 29, instead of 19.

Is it easier or harder for a rogue at 29 or 19? At 20 you get poisions, vanish, cheap shot..... etc

Other classes also get more skills. So im not sure. Any experienced Twinks around helping me out? Im Sure at 29 there wont be as much Twinks. But will a rogue be less powerfull compared to the others?

( Also getting the Warsong bades 60 times for 2 pvp daggers takes a while....)

Comments

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    I've played a lot of battlegrounds in EU-Misery, most recently with my Paladin, who picked up her final 20-29 reward yesterday. There is still a lot of twinking at this level, although it isn't quite as bad as 10-19. Horde seem to field more twinks than the alliance. A typical horde AB team would have between 1-3 twinks, mostly rogues, although I have seen twinks of almost every class.

Twinks are quite hard if you are melee. My non-twinked pallie was regularly soloed by rogues with twin glowing daggers, even though 1v1 even though with equal gear and skill a paladin should be able to beat a rogue pretty much every time (I have duelled a rogue once, he was 5 levels above me, and I won). Ranged characters seem to have it a little easier, because twinks are still vulnerable to good kiting, and many twinks aren't particularly well played.

If you want BG rewards, just avoid the twinks. Or, if you are playing a rogue, sap them. Nothing quite as effective as taking a 500 gp twink out of the game with a single move.
  • retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Originally posted by Xeratix

I play on EU-Nathrezim (PvP) and i made a rogue to 60 and its not a twink on that server but its quite good.

I go on Warsong ALOT, and i see about 80% of them Twinks. People all made Mains, and dont use them... they play on their Twinks......

Anyway:

I was wondering if it would be better to carry on my Rogue on lvl 29, instead of 19.

Is it easier or harder for a rogue at 29 or 19? At 20 you get poisions, vanish, cheap shot..... etc

Other classes also get more skills. So im not sure. Any experienced Twinks around helping me out? Im Sure at 29 there wont be as much Twinks. But will a rogue be less powerfull compared to the others?

( Also getting the Warsong bades 60 times for 2 pvp daggers takes a while....)
    I am not exactly sure about this post.  Some of the ideas are confusing.  You have a 60 Rogue and a 19 Rogue?  I would say that twink rogues dominate at almost every level.  Be aware that the higher you get the more skills other classes get.  Twink 19 Rogues are pretty popular.  Also be aware that most people who twink spend A LOT of money on Twinking.  You can't just slap some blues on a Rogue and call it a twink.  People spend HUNDREDs of gold on items for their twinks.

Also, be aware that several twink items are being 'nerfed' and the new enchants only work on items level 35 or above.  Many previously sought after twink items are no longer useful.  I have no idea how this is changing twinks.

My best advice is to try out 29 pvp after attempting 19 pvp for a while.  If you like 19, stay.  If you don't you can always change and hit the 29 bracket.

Also, be aware that anything before 70 is going to have players who know how to twink.  You will get frustrated, and people will dominate you.  The best bet is to get a character to 70 and try to PvP there.  The best items for PvPing come from 70s PvP.  Everything below is just for fun, and you shouldn't try to earn much during this time.  It isn't worth it besides badges.
    Originally posted by Antipathy

I've played a lot of battlegrounds in EU-Misery, most recently with my Paladin, who picked up her final 20-29 reward yesterday. There is still a lot of twinking at this level, although it isn't quite as bad as 10-19. Horde seem to field more twinks than the alliance. A typical horde AB team would have between 1-3 twinks, mostly rogues, although I have seen twinks of almost every class.

I would have to disagree here.  There are a lot of twinks on both sides.

Twinks are quite hard if you are melee. My non-twinked pallie was regularly soloed by rogues with twin glowing daggers, even though 1v1 even though with equal gear and skill a paladin should be able to beat a rogue pretty much every time (I have duelled a rogue once, he was 5 levels above me, and I won). Ranged characters seem to have it a little easier, because twinks are still vulnerable to good kiting, and many twinks aren't particularly well played.

Rogues vs. Paladins is a tricky equation.  A twinked Rogue has far too many hitpoints for an untwinked Paladin to outlast.  Hunter twinks are pretty common too.  Kiting is very abused in twink BGs since most classes haven't aquired their anti-kite gear.

If you want BG rewards, just avoid the twinks. Or, if you are playing a rogue, sap them. Nothing quite as effective as taking a 500 gp twink out of the game with a single move.

I would disagree here.  In my experiences the best BGs are at the top level.  Twinks are so frustrating for a semi-twinked character.  Basically twinks feel more like high levels bragging rights.  The richer your main is the stronger your twink is.  If you are "fed up" with the 60 bracket you will get "fed up" with the 19 and 29 bracket.  PvP is item based, and people abuse this in 19 and 29 a lot more than 60.

I think the best advice for our friend would be to just get a 70 and play end-game PvP for a bit.  At least long enough to understand what is really going on at that level.
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    twinked rogues at 29 are very oped.. imo level it to 29
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i have a 39 paladin and warlock i use just for bg's, they both have near or the best gear you can get at that level from doing instances with my main.

that being said, i have to say that if you need to be "twinked" in order to to stand a chance in pvp then i have to question your ability to play this very simple game.

don't get me wrong, i know its fun to annihilate people with a far superior toon....i have had my fun camping the nesingwary expedition in stv with my high level rogue.

but when people feel they have to twink with BC enchants with a 19, 29, or 39 character in order to stand a chance, it is kind of sad. its also sad when my non or semi-twinks kill their full blown twinks that they spent 2000+ gold on and countless hours of farming an instance, looking for that one good item that might give them an edge over someone to make up for their lack of skill.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by baphamet

but when people feel they have to twink with BC enchants with a 19, 29, or 39 character in order to stand a chance, it is kind of sad. its also sad when my non or semi-twinks kill their full blown twinks that they spent 2000+ gold on and countless hours of farming an instance, looking for that one good item that might give them an edge over someone to make up for their lack of skill.

Of course, then you have the scenario where you run into my son who not only is twinked to the 9's...but is extremely skilled at PVP.... if you're not geared as well as him...you won't have a chance, I assure you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by retrospectic

I was quite clearly commenting on EU-Misery. Unless you play in the same battlegroup then how can your disagreement have the slightest relevance to my comment?
  • Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by baphamet

i have a 39 paladin and warlock i use just for bg's, they both have near or the best gear you can get at that level from doing instances with my main.
    that being said, i have to say that if you need to be "twinked" in order to to stand a chance in pvp then i have to question your ability to play this very simple game.
    don't get me wrong, i know its fun to annihilate people with a far superior toon....i have had my fun camping the nesingwary expedition in stv with my high level rogue.

TBC enchants , level 35+ ?
  • Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    because there are no servers where one side has more twinks than the other  thats called getting your ass handed to you and saying oh they must have more twinks thats why im losing.
    Originally posted by Carl132p

because there are no servers where one side has more twinks than the other  thats called getting your ass handed to you and saying oh they must have more twinks thats why im losing.
    Quite a sweeping claim. You have counted the number of twinks on every single server?

Evidence? Or you just can't cope with even entertaining the notion that not all your precious wins are necessarily down to skill?

I've played an awful lot of warcraft PvP. My current hunter was started after TBC and has over 20k horde kills at level 60 (and I have plenty of other characters).

I have played pvp as horde where we used to win every game week in week out.

I have played PvP as alliance with noob accusations flying faster on battleground chat than hunters bullets.

I know how to spot a twink and I know how to count.

It's commonly agreed that Horde attracts a higher number of PvP oriented players and is commonly seen as being the PvP faction (partly due to better racials). They also tend to win more battlegrounds even without twinking (no argument there). The sort of person who likes to create twinks is the sort who wants to win without a challenge. Why wouldn't he pick Horde?

Interestingly, I can also see when I fight in AV that some extremely well equipped Horde in our battlegroup have decided to stay at 60 and rule the roost. Once every few games we will find ourselves up against a high warlord with imba gear and a great deal of experience. All the skilled and geared alliance players have chosen to move on to 70, and I can't remember seeing anyone in alliance AV who actually has a rank (even private). Not twinking I know, but it is illustrative of the difference between alliance and horde mentality.

I was quite clearly commenting on EU-Misery. Unless you play in the same battlegroup then how can your disagreement have the slightest relevance to my comment?

There are a lot of twinks on both sides of every battle group.  I have characters on multiple servers, and I assumed across the board.  It is really hard to believe that all of the servers in your battlegroup have randomly decided to break this trend.  Also, there are more Alliance toons than Horde.  You will more commonly see the same faces as an Alliance character.
  • DubazDubaz Member Posts: 112

Hhah, I read this thread and just had to reply.

I have a lvl 29 Twink Paladin, Horde
    (Link..and no, its not a keylogger, it directs to the Armory, you can also search on Retractor)

Recently, I've been counting the amount of twinks I'd encounter , roughly, in a BG.

Horde side never passed 3 twinks. Alliance side sometimes even passed 6.

- We didn't lose all/alot of these matches regardless of the amount of twinks they had, because mostly, when we lost, horde had lvl 25's running around with less than 500 hp.
    - I heal for about 20~40K per BG ( depending on getting killed or not ) and in general can survive quite an impact if I team up with another twink, but I can't fight 3 twink rogues without losing it fast ( my dps is kinda low, so meh, cant kill em anyways )
    - Twinks do effect the balance of a BG however. I've seen us win with 2000/200 and seen us lose with those same numbers. And that was most definately a twink problem ( lack or excess )

Now we turn this discussion around. Blizzard promised us balanced BG's. I can prove, with some help of friends, without even blinking, that the matchup system designed to balance these BG's, does in fact, not, work.

If you think twinks like me like to play with players that don't pass the 1K hp border, you are dead wrong. Twinking is an expression of freedom, the only self-customizability left in WoW. Once, in Diablo, we had all these options, but BoP took them away. Now all we have left is twinking and hardcore pvp/raiding. We want to play with twinks, because we like to have balanced and fun fights as well, twinking just adds an edge to the experience. More fun to me.

So I'm dead serious when I say Blizzard should fix the issue with their "balancing", because I'd like to have some 2K+hp pvp wars to heal instead of a 1.2K hp Shammy.

There are a lot of twinks on both sides of every battle group.  I have characters on multiple servers, and I assumed across the board.  It is really hard to believe that all of the servers in your battlegroup have randomly decided to break this trend.  Also, there are more Alliance toons than Horde.  You will more commonly see the same faces as an Alliance character.

At 10-19 there are so many twinks on both sides that it's pretty hard to tell who has the most. In 20-29 WSG there are fewer twinks, but my perception is that horde has more. But in my BG at the moment in 20-29 AB we are quite defnitiely out twinked. Not sure of the reason.

Maybe alliance twinks prefer to play WSG? Maybe horde twinks are played for longer hours (the average horde player is more active than the average alliance player). Maybe there are similar numbers of twinks but there are more non-twinked alliance. Hence there is a dilution effect. I can't be certain of the reason, only the effect I see.
    Originally posted by Dubaz

Hhah, I read this thread and just had to reply.
    I have a lvl 29 Twink Paladin, Horde

(Link..and no, its not a keylogger, it directs to the Armory, you can also search on Retractor)
    Recently, I've been counting the amount of twinks I'd encounter , roughly, in a BG.
    Horde side never passed 3 twinks. Alliance side sometimes even passed 6.
    It sounds to me as if you at least agree that twinks are unevenly distributed between factions. Although it appears that the bias is in the opposite direction for you.

Perhaps part of the problem is that twinks tend to group together and enter battlegroups as a party (i.e. a partial pre-made). Non-twinks don't get invited to these groups, and hence are relatively more likely to end up in non-twinked teams.