Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question: remove eve from gamelist/rate1 can be done ?

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

only get 2 questions:
can be made a public request at mmorpg.com to remove eve-o from the game list ?

is allowed to make a ratings campaign "rate 1 for eve-online" ?

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270
    Question is ... Why ? it is still a MMORPG, many games on the list that probably does not belong there.

Don't take me wrong, I don't like this game any more than the next man but I have given it a fair review based on what I belive of the game.

For example I gave it good rating on the graphic but on customer support I gave it 1 ... because of the T20 incident, with this incident I don't bother because I don't have more accounts to cancel and I still belive the graphics rocks.
  • cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

my rate is like that

if put 1 1 1 1 1 on all that is punish rate

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    There are more people that rated it higher that will cancel out your all 1 rating. You might lower it by a tiny fraction, but you won't see a change in the over all rating.

Sure it has it's problems, but I think overall it is still a good game.

yes is a good game
    but seams is like a ""Mercedes and a kid drive the Mercedes ""
    imo dev's/gm acting like kid's

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632
      People like you Cosy should find a hobby it seems alot of eve haters went to the eve rating and gave it 1/10 on all,and gave afew mmos 10/10 just to see eve go down in rating on the site.Well dont realy care,but people should find a real life sometimes.

Originally posted by demolishIX
    People like you Cosy should find a hobby it seems alot of eve haters went to the eve rating and gave it 1/10 on all,and gave afew mmos 10/10 just to see eve go down in rating on the site.Well dont realy care,but people should find a real life sometimes.
    plz search 4 my rate
    and if u dont get it i dont hate eve i hate cheaters

• Lord_StealthLord_Stealth Member Posts: 46
    i did notice post dev farce #1 the eve rating by players dropped 0.3 which think is 4%  of the pre dev farce rating -since it has improved again

which  probably due to newer players so long as eve is a technically superior game it will create good buzz and win awards which serves to get new players to replace those too disgusted to keep paying AND CCP has historically with its unique hardware setup had trouble keeping up with player base growth-in last year much of the patching has been simply hardware performance optimization
  • JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    Originally posted by cosy

only get 2 questions:

can be made a public request at mmorpg.com to remove eve-o from the game list ?

is allowed to make a ratings campaign "rate 1 for eve-online" ?
    Excuse me if i misunderstood this as i have diffacukty understanding your menaing but if you are asking that EvE be removed from this site well that wont happen as eve fills the sites criterior of a MMO and a lot of people still like EvE.
  • blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

Originally posted by adriaans
    <Mod edit>

obviously CCP has pissed enough people off that we should make a WE are angry at CCP thread.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

I suggest the OP look in the mirror before throwing accusations around.

Since you left the game, please take your whines somewhere else.

• hicks26hicks26 Member Posts: 142
    I still enjoy EVE when I play it, which at the moment isn't often because I play BF2142 and WoW now as well. I have been disgusted with the events taking place in EVE with the dev's giving out BPO's and also with GM misconduct. My take is to stay away from all the crap that is currently going on and to go at my own pace and enjoy the game. I play to forget what's going on in RL and relax, taking to heart everything that happens in a game is wrong and people should just either deal with it or quit. It's that simple, don't like whats happening then leave.

We are GAMER's, we play to enjoy being with like minded people and enjoy the games we choose to play!

HQ - Aedald VIII - Moon 5 - Republic Military School
    Office - Lustrevik III - Moon 2 - Quafe Company
    Warehouse

Originally posted by blackcat35

<Mod edit>

obviously CCP has pissed enough people off so 10-20 people is a lot to you that we should make a WE are angry at CCP thread.

Err yea i think you should look at the forum there are like 8 of these threads already image

It is interesting to note BTW that since the origonal scandal hit eve [the T20 incident] Eve has lost around 0 players according to coldfront. So much for people leaving in droves i guess noone who REALLY plays eve really cares.

• BirathenBirathen Member Posts: 48
    The fact that many doesnt care that the game is rigged should not be enough to keep people who are thinking about joining from knowing the truth.
    Originally posted by Birathen

The fact that many doesnt care that the game is rigged should not be enough to keep people who are thinking about joining from knowing the truth.

What truth is that that a lot of eve haters are using this to smear EvE's name or that most people who are actually playing eve are not affected by this at all?

Also it still doesant chang ethe fact that we already have a lot of these threads already and in the end this thread is just spam/trollbait.

• hicks26hicks26 Member Posts: 142
    I know of at least 15 people who have quit EVE over the ongoing issues and will think about coming back once things are sorted to the level they would like, a couple followed friends in quitting. So saying that 0 have quit is wrong, coldfront or whatever it is obviously isn't correct in the stat's.

HQ - Aedald VIII - Moon 5 - Republic Military School
    Office - Lustrevik III - Moon 2 - Quafe Company
    Warehouse

There is really no need for "haters" to smear EVE's name, the developers themselves do that way to good themselves. The game is rigged and the fact that empire players are not affected by it in a major way does not make it less rigged. I pay to play, infact I pay as much as those favored by the developers, yet I get less of a service?

If there was a Gold or Platinum subscription to be had then I could understand some of it but.. And it is not the first time that the developers have been accused of cheating or been caught cheating for that matter. And now that the community is getting wise, it prolly wont be the last time. CCP's cloak and daggers department will have their hands full with covering up..
  • khaibitkhaibit Member Posts: 16

It's not 10-20 people that have left. Just a few months back Eve was growing at a ridiculous rate, with numbers over 30k a regular occurence. The company hasn't had any record numbers lately, which means that instead of growing the number of people leaving equals the number of people coming in. I believe that it only just crept over 30k this weekend, and it hadn't done in a while, which means that people are annoyed and leaving.

We'll know for sure when the latest patch comes out. Eve's numbers always peak during an expansion, and if the company doesn't get a new record when revelations 2.0 comes out we'll know that people are leaving for a fact.

Having said that, I'm not gonna mark Eve down. I still think the game is amazing and my score won't change even if CCP turn out to be complete turds. I'll probably quit, sure, but I would do that simply because I don't want to play a game with that sort of dev and GM mentality, not because it's a bad game.

Originally posted by khaibit

It's not 10-20 people that have left. Just a few months back Eve was growing at a ridiculous rate, with numbers over 30k a regular occurence. The company hasn't had any record numbers lately, which means that instead of growing the number of people leaving equals the number of people coming in. I believe that it only just crept over 30k this weekend, and it hadn't done in a while, which means that people are annoyed and leaving.
    We'll know for sure when the latest patch comes out. Eve's numbers always peak during an expansion, and if the company doesn't get a new record when revelations 2.0 comes out we'll know that people are leaving for a fact.
    Having said that, I'm not gonna mark Eve down. I still think the game is amazing and my score won't change even if CCP turn out to be complete turds. I'll probably quit, sure, but I would do that simply because I don't want to play a game with that sort of dev and GM mentality, not because it's a bad game.
    Actually id say that this slow re-growth above 30k shows that eve is recovering i do agree that there was a period when its numbers stopped growing and i agree the dev thing was the probable cause but i see now that the numbers are once again increasing [allbeit slowly].
  • AchireAchire Member Posts: 15

I see this mostly as a counter-campaign to all those fanboys who kept making threads about the MMORPG.com Reader's Choice Awards and telling people to vote Eve. It's just one of the many reasons why lists such as these not to mention Reader's Choice Awards are completely meaningless.

Europa / Siege

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by JADEDRAG0N

Originally posted by Birathen

What truth is that that a lot of eve haters are using this to smear EvE's name or that most people who are actually playing eve are not affected by this at all?

Also it still doesant chang ethe fact that we already have a lot of these threads already and in the end this thread is just spam/trollbait.

since we're talking truth, what you posted is not truth.

if something DIRECTLY has an impact on a good 1/3rd+ of the player population, then yes, it affects everyone in the game, including the other 2/3rds.  saying otherwise is showing ignorance.  ignorance is a lack of education/knowledge.   how many are involved in "the war"?  10k+   'nuff said.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

<Mod edit>

wouldn't someone making a comment like the above, need a life himself?

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Not quite sure what you were asking for OP.... to remove EvE from the gamelist?  and to drop its rating to 1?

Can't see that.... sure, there's some issues.... but these actions seem to be a bit extreme.

In fact, I just started playing the EvE free trial over the weekend and had a blast... Was quite fun, and I noticed they posted the latest developer impropriety allegations right on the front page of the news/log-in screen, so no problem with new users not knowing about the controversy.

And no, at this point I don't think it affects me nor do I care if it does affect 33% of the player base.... I figure they should just learn to overcome the obstacles and move on.....or leave if they so chose....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Unfair advantages on the T2 market affects everybody(and not just through the dev T20's goodwill program but through information on wich T2 bpo's to stock up on) as everybody, even empire people buy T2 goods, unfair advantages in the 0.0 war affects everybody since he who controlls 0.0 space controls the flow of rare minerals, not found in empire space. MSN contacts with the developers can also be used for getting unfair information about enemy forces in nerby systems, pos and op locations of your enemy, getting information on who petitioned who about what.. The list goes on and can be made miles long..

So far we only know what BoB has confessed to using their MSN contacts to the developers to press petitions around the usual petition systems(wich in cases takes weeks) to get their petitions processed within hours. We also know from BoB members claims that they use MSN to talk to the developers about EvE in general, thus getting unfair information about ingame mechanics and events. Also claimed by BoB members and various BoB pets is that the MSN channels have been used to bypass petition line to get a ISD-reporter banned for the simple fact that he was where BoB did not want him to be. There has been many accusations about BoB - Developer cheating during the years, non of wich has been taken seriously by the developers. Perhaps becous it is as Dbpreacher says(a top player in BoB) that and I quote;

"We have a "special" line (if you want to call msn that) to our FRIENDS.

Even devs need friends, you know, they're not robots."
  • spraguepspraguep Member Posts: 61
    I guess they need to add dev cheating as one of the ratings now.