Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay to Play?

Just wondering if anyone knew whether Cabal would be pay to play after Final Beta or at any other date. If anyone knows anything about it please post any information you have on it.

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    I have no idea, really. I believe the european version is pay to play?
  • PwndStarPwndStar Member Posts: 111
    According to their website it seems that they offer a Free Trial for 7 days. I'm guessing after that you must pay...

----------
    currentlyplaying:
    age of conan

• Seth_KaigeSeth_Kaige Member Posts: 6
    I see. Thanks for the information.
  • TelonTelon Member Posts: 81
    This version is hosted by Game & Game, on their site http://www.gamengame.com/en/gametour/game_guide.php?game_no=29&game_genre=01 it states "Free For All Members"  Could be wrong, or that could change.  But I've played many mmo's from Game & Game and not one has ever been P2P.
  • VaterexVaterex Member UncommonPosts: 379

Good post Telon, you are correct about it saying Free for All Members... If that is so, then it would save me some money.

{image
  • I created an account 2 days ago, and it says "7 days free", and I can't use the forums because I don't pay, found somewhere it's 9.99 Euros for a month
  • JennyfyrJennyfyr Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Telon

This version is hosted by Game & Game, on their site http://www.gamengame.com/en/gametour/game_guide.php?game_no=29&game_genre=01 it states "Free For All Members"  Could be wrong, or that could change.  But I've played many mmo's from Game & Game and not one has ever been P2P.

Game & Game is only hosting Cabal's beta stages. Nothing more. "If" ESTSoft can locate a North American publisher, the game would then go live as a p2p service, just like it did in Europe, Korea, and Japan.

Honestly I don't see any NA publishers picking this up. Mainly because ESTSoft is placing too many restrictions on what publishers can do. They control how and where the game is distributed, and tie the publishers hands. GamesMasters learned this after the fact, and were faced with kicking non-Euro players from the late stages of thier beta. It left a very bad taste in the mouths of those who enjoyed the game immensely, and would have been willing to p2p at that time, even if it meant paying by CC to play on a Euro server.

Korean producers will never learn it seems. This one goes the wayside just like all the others.

• jahbsjahbs Member Posts: 4
    thanx for clearin dat up alotta ppl been saying differant things
  • SonyaBlueSonyaBlue Member Posts: 12

Anyone playing Cabal and signing up where it says 7 days free is signing up for EURPOEAN Cabal, Nrth American Cabal (which finished Final CLosed Beta Test on January 2) has not even announced OPEN BETA DATES yet.  ALso, North American Cabal is going to be F2P with a Cash Shop, in Final Closed Beta test they were working out the kinks with Time Sensitive item loss.  and they had added a gold coin button to the bottom right corner of the skill bar (gold coin = cash) i believe that we can take the gold coin + the time sensitive items and = F2P with Cash Shop

EDIT:  I have a guild for NA Cabal if anyone is interested in joining it, http://adventchildren.cyberevolutions.com/forum/ I have played in 4 Betas of cabal with my highest lvl being 92 FS in NACB2.  Feel free to come join the AdventChildren if you are going to be playing cabal, we also have our own ventrillo server!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hobalehobale Member Posts: 16
    i played the European version, and yes its "only 7 days free" afterwards you must pay 10 Euros/month....well i left as they were not too many players (excluding the 7day visitors) and some events were not held, like nation-wars, quild-wars etc...
  • MangoGeggoMangoGeggo Member Posts: 7
    Cabal will be free (if ewerything goes aggording to the plans) at the end of May (if not) then in June...Atleast thats what the homepage says.    If its free then im going to have a new favourite mmorpg.     *please,please,please be free...*
  • yanexyanex Member Posts: 24

man i hope to it gets free, i realy liked the game after the trailal.

t

i don't know what mmorpg is fun....

• kof2003kof2003 Member Posts: 128

its a F2P game after the testing phase. Players can also apply for premium  version as well for advance gaming.

Hope everything goes well and this game might be main competitor for Acclaim 2moons in action mmo.

Anyway try your best

• DaDaTouDaDaTou Member Posts: 5
    So in the end,IS THIS A PAY TO PLAY GAME??Man i have benn waiting for this answer for so long.
  • CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    Euro is P2P and the U.s will be F2p with item shop i played the Euro 1 for 2 days before being IP banned cause i was not in europe i like the game but that was just piss poor i meen why let me play for 2 days then kick me as far as i am cncerned the euro servers can stick the game up there ass and i will be waiting for the U.S to go live.

Thought the game was pretty bloody good but there are better one's to pay for so cheers for the U.S servers to be free.
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG