Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Response to the subsequent Threadnaught.

WloireWloire Member Posts: 3

My apologies to all of you, I'm sure all of you are well informed intelligent people with great sense of morality but this has got to stop. Please cease trying to defame EVE all over the place. This is not about Helmar or Oveur or TomB or Arkanon or etc.. this about a couple of lowely dev's messing with the cogs. BY trying to screw over all of CCP you are attempting to:

A) Put over 100 people out for jobs. All of which love this game and have in no way participated in any misconduct. (Losing there jobs is unlikely, but it's what some of you seem bent on doing.)

B) Ruin the most open-ended, most interesting, funnest sandbox MMO's created to date, in effect ruining the game for hundreds of thousands of players who are not so fantatical about these events as you are.

If you are that upset leave the game, dont look back, go play World of Warcraft. Its fun, easy, definately not a sandbox and as far as I know hasent suffered any developer misconduct. Please stop trying to defame an amazing game on different gaming sites for your own pleasure. Player's such as myself want to continue to see the community thrive and grow.

As for those of you checking out this game for the first tim, I suggest playing the 14 day free trial to see if you like it. EVE online is a dynamic open ended sandox where you can participate in most any activity you would like. Contrary to what the fanatic's would like you to think, the recent allegation's (which have yet to be proven in any way shape or form by any party)  have not affected the playerbase for the most part unless youhave the title "Goonswarm" under your name.

Cheers and I hope to see you ingame!

Comments

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    I do not partake in any of these events as I've been reading about. However, this reads to be at least the second case of CCP involvement in this kind of crap, as well as an apparent attempt to cover up the previous occurrence. So, if this crap is indeed happening yet again, I am afraid that CCP deserves everything its got coming to it. You can blame no one for the consequences of CCP's actions but CCP (whatever they might end up being, which probably won't be much).

the real question is, why aren't you calling CCP to the curb? If you love this game so much, why aren't you giving them both barrels for putting it's future in danger with this kind of crap, then lying about it? I am afraid your anger is misdirected, mate.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326
    I think that everything would be solved nicely if CCP just came clear with the real concept behind EVE:

EVE is a game by CPP for CPP. The rest of you just provide the funds to keep it running and can play with the scraps while having a huge e-peen wavered in your face.

I think they should put that in big letters on their front page so everybody would know how the field is. If anybody then still complains... well, poor them.
  • SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539

Amazing to claim that these ethical lapses by CCP haven't affected the player base. 

Think again.

• JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    Originally posted by SWGLover

Amazing to claim that these ethical lapses by CCP haven't affected the player base

Think again.
    They havent but then again you wouldnt know after all Star Wars Galaxys Lover.
  • Lord_StealthLord_Stealth Member Posts: 46
    lowly dev?

CCP only til expansion had 100 or so employees

factor in marketing, secretarial, website maintenance, human resources, etc you prob have 80 left that are devs

in a company that small NO ONE Is lowly except in house rem the dev  can ban you as was seen in another recent snafu found on the forums involving a GM who banned only 1 side of a foul mouth smacking in local incident

I have had dealings with the unpunished side who is led by an empire pirate of some skill ( his member is  know for using local)

so for GM arkanon in his role as head of the Internal Investigation team is reprimand the GM via email with so far no reply by GM to explain his side

but I have to disagrre any employee is lowly when you can be kicked from a game at that LOWLY  persons SOLE DISCRETION if he was a lowly employee he would recommend to a more senior or ban committee player X gets punishment Y for incident Z with thewm to mete out the actual punishment

and it says something that as of time I got off work last night in 30 hours AFTER CCP  setup an offical thread about the scandal #2 players had posted 103 pages (took about 30 hrs)  -dev scandal took 24 hrs for 106 pages to be posted
  • WloireWloire Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by SWGLover

Amazing to claim that these ethical lapses by CCP haven't affected the player base. 

Think again.

I guess if you played the game you would understand if your not part of the Coalition, Goonswarm and/or RA neither "ethical lapse" has effected you. Then again Id assume your far to busy with World of Starwars to have much time to play NGE?

Anyways...

Originally posted by spankybus

I do not partake in any of these events as I've been reading about. However, this reads to be at least the second case of CCP involvement in this kind of crap, as well as an apparent attempt to cover up the previous occurrence. So, if this crap is indeed happening yet again, I am afraid that CCP deserves everything its got coming to it. You can blame no one for the consequences of CCP's actions but CCP (whatever they might end up being, which probably won't be much).

the real question is, why aren't you calling CCP to the curb? If you love this game so much, why aren't you giving them both barrels for putting it's future in danger with this kind of crap, then lying about it? I am afraid your anger is misdirected, mate.

I understand what you mean about calling out CCP if they were proven to have done this. The fact is, nothings been proven. NO ONE, not even the group who has brought this to the player bases attention has provided any proof. Now CCP has sent out a notice that there WAS  a petition made for Sharkbait to enter the POS. I understand the petition number and date they gave could have been made up but I'm more liable to believe those number's from the company then the word's from a group of players. A consistently WHINY group as for that matter. 

As for my anger, well I wasent angry, that was more spitting sarcasm, because all Im seeing is bandwagon jumper's who dont realize what they could be doing to such a beautiful game.

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

The evidence against CCP is the most comprehensive, credible, and extensive I've ever seen for this sort of corruption.

CCP is guilty as sin, and the only ones who don't see it are people who are so hooked on EVE that they choose not to believe what thousands have been saying for months.

We aren't talking about some rumors on f13.  We are talking about actual chat logs, screenshots with accurate file info, and testamony verified and confirmed by multiple players.  We even have confessions of impropriety from CCP, ISD, and BoB themselves.

I mean seriously, what is going to convince you people to get your heads out of the sand and accept what the vast majority of your fellow EVE players now know to be true?  Its not like they have a financial interest to make crap up (unlike CCP).

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

I think the OP is talking to the wrong side, he should be talking to CCP, why are you being so corrupt when its going to affect  your bottom line?  You can only hope that the majority of players are going to get disgusted and quit, after in about 6 months we have yet another round of DEV corruption instance #3 comes to light.  How many instances do we need before players realize it is affecting them.

CCP don't deserve their jobs when they allow corruption by letting DEV"s have DEV powers while playing as players.  Having players able to call their Dev friends to directly affect game play in their favor whenever they need it....

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• WloireWloire Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Beatnik59

The evidence against CCP is the most comprehensive, credible, and extensive I've ever seen for this sort of corruption.
    CCP is guilty as sin, and the only ones who don't see it are people who are so hooked on EVE that they choose not to believe what thousands have been saying for months.
    We aren't talking about some rumors on f13.  We are talking about actual chat logs, screenshots with accurate file info, and testamony verified and confirmed by multiple players.  We even have confessions of impropriety from CCP, ISD, and BoB themselves.
    I mean seriously, what is going to convince you people to get your heads out of the sand and accept what the vast majority of your fellow EVE players now know to be true?  Its not like they have a financial interest to make crap up (unlike CCP).

We have a screenshot showing Sharkbait giving himself Director's roles and then shortly removing them. We have a screenshot of GM Charizard congratulating BoB on a titan kill. We have a story from an ISD reporter who contradicted himselfin his letter and it has been proven his account of conversations was different from the actual logs. We dont even know if he had prior infractions on his account for himself to be fired so fast. The MSN link is troubling and has pretty well been proven, but its not cheating. If iv missed some proof please bring it up. But I dont want to hear "They've done it before so obviously their doing it again.".

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Bugged 'plexes...

POS shield exploits...

Artificial system caps...

Selective moderation on the EVE-O forums...

Disproportionate numbers of players from certain alliances being promoted to CCP...

All of the players who claimed all of the above (and the stuff in the above post) and were called liars for months...

The problem with this whole "counter conspiracy theory" that Goons and Kugutsumen are "out to destroy the game" is that nothing they dug up was all that shocking, because tons of players have been saying it all along.  All it did was just confirm what most players already knew.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

"The evidence against CCP is the most comprehensive, credible, and extensive I've ever seen for this sort of corruption."

What evidence?  There is none besides the incident that happened last summer.  That is in the past.  They admitted the problem and fixed it.  This is not the only game that has had problems like that.

Can't you people think for yourselves.  Nothing the goons put out is credible, they have their own agenda and I can guarentee it does not mesh with yours.

Next time before you hop on the bandwagon, think.  All I see is a bunch of people mouthing nonsense with zero proof.

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270
    Originally posted by Ciredric

"The evidence against CCP is the most comprehensive, credible, and extensive I've ever seen for this sort of corruption."
    What evidence?  There is none besides the incident that happened last summer.  That is in the past.  They admitted the problem and fixed it.  This is not the only game that has had problems like that.
    Can't you people think for yourselves.  Nothing the goons put out is credible, they have their own agenda and I can guarentee it does not mesh with yours.
    Next time before you hop on the bandwagon, think.  All I see is a bunch of people mouthing nonsense with zero proof.
    T20 incident they never fixed... They never banned SirMolle for breaking the EULA... while they still banned Kuguts for breaking the EULA.

They never took back what BoB might have earned from those bpo's... they only removed the bpo's after 6-8 months because people noticed that.

Where did CCP fix that incident ? no where... they still left BoB leadership off without any punishment...

That is how they threat friends aparently ... be friend with CCP and you can cheat and break EULA as much as you want... nothing will happen.
  • zoldar57zoldar57 Member Posts: 19
    CCP stuff is doing a great  job defaming themselves. The incidents uncovered this year should be more than enough to raise questions about the morality of CCP. Trying to put a lid on things and whenever that didn't work trying to calm things down.

When the the incident with t20 came up and they had to go public, all that came was an apology and everything was considered settled. After that, a ton of dev blogs started to sprout, to move the incident further back in our minds. Yet, with all these allegations sprouting, don't you become suspicious? When you are caught stealing and confess, the next time something is missing and you are accused, wouldn't it be justifiable? I know in most countries you are innocent until proven otherwise, but what do you do when the accused is also the investigator and the judge? Would you consider credible whatever they end up with?

To my eyes, the Internal Affairs dep. of CCP is just a smokescreen, a way to spin things and keep the fanboys satisfied. It has been about 6 months that accusations arise, always targeted at a specific alliance and their friends. High-rankings players of that alliance not only dismiss, but support the notion that there is communication between several select players and Developers. Come on, I mean, having one of the heads of that alliance posting on the forums that "even the devs need friends".

It is already difficult, due to the circumstances and the structure of the game/stuff to catch someone with his hand in the cookie jar, yet people require more proof, like a picture of the act as well as a signed confession that he did it (which has happened with t20).

The playerbase in Eve is divided into three parties as far as I am concerned.
    BoB and allies, who altogether dismiss such accusations

BoB enemies who try to find where they have been wronged

Neutrals who have nothing to do with alliance warfare and couldn't care less
    As a last note, many people argue that this is just a game and we should make it such a big deal. True it is a game, but do not forget that we pay $$$ to play, and that makes us customers and the least you would expect as one is to be treated equally. Unless of course you'd rather go to a restaurant, wait 2 hours to be served and eat the leftovers.
  • JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    The real question we need to ask is why are there like a 100 topics on this forum for this subject when all we need is 1 or 2.
  • ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

That is how it is working on the EVE-Online forum, why ? because 1 thread is easier to "Hide" and forget than 100..

That is how CCP did it when there was a huge influx of Macro miners, they moved everything into one thread where they did not answer any of the questions the public had.

That is how CCP did it when T20 case came up, they answered a few cryptic answers... and hide the thread... good.... and it worked, people started to forget until now.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Wloire

My apologies to all of you, I'm sure all of you are well informed intelligent people with great sense of morality but this has got to stop. Please cease trying to defame EVE all over the place. This is not about Helmar or Oveur or TomB or Arkanon or etc.. this about a couple of lowely dev's messing with the cogs. BY trying to screw over all of CCP you are attempting to:
    A) Put over 100 people out for jobs. All of which love this game and have in no way participated in any misconduct. (Losing there jobs is unlikely, but it's what some of you seem bent on doing.)
    B) Ruin the most open-ended, most interesting, funnest sandbox MMO's created to date, in effect ruining the game for hundreds of thousands of players who are not so fantatical about these events as you are.
    If you are that upset leave the game, dont look back, go play World of Warcraft. Its fun, easy, definately not a sandbox and as far as I know hasent suffered any developer misconduct. Please stop trying to defame an amazing game on different gaming sites for your own pleasure. Player's such as myself want to continue to see the community thrive and grow.
    As for those of you checking out this game for the first tim, I suggest playing the 14 day free trial to see if you like it. EVE online is a dynamic open ended sandox where you can participate in most any activity you would like. Contrary to what the fanatic's would like you to think, the recent allegation's (which have yet to be proven in any way shape or form by any party)  have not affected the playerbase for the most part unless youhave the title "Goonswarm" under your name.
    Cheers and I hope to see you ingame!

the ceo and president of any company are completely responsible for what goes on in said game.

A) proof or STFU.  seriously.   prove to me that none of those "over 100 people" have in no way participated in any midconduct.  prove it.

B) yeah, it's great, if all you ever aspire to doing is being a lvl 4 mission runner.  if you have any greater aspirations, join BoD, or a similar dev/staff infested alliance, or you're just screwed.

then your next paragraph, we'll call it C) i don't see people complaining that it's hard. so i take offense at your pointing to an "easy" game to play instead.   let's you and i play a game of chess. about three moves in, i take all your pieces except for a king and two pawns, for no reason other than it's my game and i can.  now play and try to beat me.   or, we can go thru a plethora of proven cheating done by devs/staff/volunteers at ccp and the way it's been ignored for, literal, years at this point in time. and then we can tack on a lot of perceived cheating/accusations of cheating and logically figure out how much of that may be true.

goonswarm is what? 5000+ of the ACTIVE playerbase?  yes, something affecting 1/6th of the playerbase doesn't matter.  especially if it benefits another 1/6th+ of the playerbase (who oppose goons) and the however much, i guess maybe another 1/6th that are in the fringes of both of the sides of this war.  yes, something that effectively has an affect on 1/2 of the active playerbase means nothing.

viral marketing, guerilla marketing, or just illogical fanboism -- it all tastes, smells, looks and feels the same.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Originally posted by Arcticblue

That is how it is working on the EVE-Online forum, why ? because 1 thread is easier to "Hide" and forget than 100..
    That is how CCP did it when there was a huge influx of Macro miners, they moved everything into one thread where they did not answer any of the questions the public had.
    That is how CCP did it when T20 case came up, they answered a few cryptic answers... and hide the thread... good.... and it worked, people started to forget until now.

i don't think anyone on this forum has forgotten.  even people that like and play the game bring it up.

liking a game.  loving a game.  neither of these things means that someone has to go deaf, dumb, and blind and be a fanboi. 

sheep = someone who is weak minded/willed enough to become a fanboi of/to anything.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Originally posted by Beatnik59

Bugged 'plexes...
    POS shield exploits...
    Artificial system caps...
    Selective moderation on the EVE-O forums...
    Disproportionate numbers of players from certain alliances being promoted to CCP...
    All of the players who claimed all of the above (and the stuff in the above post) and were called liars for months...
    The problem with this whole "counter conspiracy theory" that Goons and Kugutsumen are "out to destroy the game" is that nothing they dug up was all that shocking, because tons of players have been saying it all along.  All it did was just confirm what most players already knew.

sad, and true.

shame people don't listen or remember.  oh wait, some do.

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479
    Originally posted by Arcticblue

Originally posted by Ciredric

T20 incident they never fixed... They never banned SirMolle for breaking the EULA... while they still banned Kuguts for breaking the EULA.

They never took back what BoB might have earned from those bpo's... they only removed the bpo's after 6-8 months because people noticed that.

Where did CCP fix that incident ? no where... they still left BoB leadership off without any punishment...

That is how they threat friends aparently ... be friend with CCP and you can cheat and break EULA as much as you want... nothing will happen.

what I find funny about the T20 incident is when CCP and their allies (BOD), was denying anything had actually happen and people still deny it, even after the Dev named T20 came out and admitted to the wrongdoing.  Reminds me of the wizard in the wizard of Oz, there is nothing behind this curtain.....

Now you got people denying any wrong doing in this incident, when you have a reporter who has inside info coming out with facts?  Surprisingly, similiar to Kug, this person was banned.

I personally think CCP is in a lose/lose situation.  There is no way to spin this, the truth is coming out....there is a reason why they are playing soup nazi on their forums, trying to keep a lid on this...

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Will you all cut the crap!

One instance of dev cheating and that was last summer.  True it was handled inappropriately, but they did not have the controls in place at that time nor a stated policy.  The person in charge at the time made a bad decision.

All I have seen since is lots of accusations with NO proof.  Not one ounce of proof, not even a whisper.

What we do have is solid proof that the goons did break the law, spamming the server to disable it.  That is a criminal act.

So I think all of you are barking up the wrong tree, what we have here is clear evidence of a corp in Eve that is commited to it's destruction.   How about someone start a poll to ban all the goons. 

Personally they are the worst group of people I have ever had the displeasure to know in any MMO and I have seen some pretty bad groups.  

So instead of CCP, you should be lambasting the goons for being such  A S S M U N C H ES.

• kjemperkjemper Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by spankybus

You talk about CCP as if it is a single person.  You forget that it is inly a few, if that, employees out of more than one hundred causing all this garbage.  It is by no means such a presence that anyone should be "calling CCP out to the curb."  In any organization with over a 100 people included in it, there are bound to be some bad apples.  There are simply people out there who do not care what the consequences of their actions are and that is always the way it will be unfortunately. 

• Lord_StealthLord_Stealth Member Posts: 46
    a few ? we had 5 confirmed devs in RKK alone if you make a small assumption its a similar in rest of BOD thats 20-25 dev in 1 alliance

and read the current complaints it isnt just 1 employee -guess you ignore the whole volunteers giving out insider info on events to their friends which had been claimed since eve began

what I never understood was why didnt the community catch onto if t20 was a director and capital fleet manager and it was common practice in BoD to have director share accounts to  given them 23/7 coverage of their capital fleet-this was a major blantant  EULA violation .

This is a lot more of an issue to me than the BPOs he gave tho didnt understand why they were allowed to keep them after the "gifting" by t20 was discovered

I am eagerly awaiting how CCP will spin how Bod players can msn a GM and in seconds the GM is going ape over an ISD pilot being within 70 km of a dreadnaught in oh its a deadly polaris frig (i would be staining my flight suit in that situation I assure you!). Another 3 hours goes by and the ISD offender is locked out of any ISD access he had and his free account prividges revoked. You might have noticed they havent finished the investigation yet but since the guy got booted from ISD you would think an investigation already happened ESPECIALLY in light of fact the guys ISD boss mentioned Arkanons team was all over the incident immediately. I smell the stenk of coverup and denial in the extreme approaching.

I happen to work in firms  usually 1/2-2/3 the size of CCP -everyone knows anothers business in minutes of it happening. Computer folks are  as into gossip as any group of people. Factor in they come from a culture where you go out drinking with friends and coworkers on a regular basis how you expect anything to rem a secret is beyond me. So stop making it out like this ebil minority with in CCP is behind all the drama -sev diff individuals got named in this set of scandals.