Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guilds War events?

Lady_EloraLady_Elora Member Posts: 35

I heard that Guild Wars is big on competition. 

Beside the PvP, what else is there in Guild Wars?  Like how is the Role Playing  communities?  Do you feel like you are part of an epic struggle? 

Do they have special events?  Like festivals and parties? 

Comments

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

There is a lot more than PVP. I've been playing for over a year and have only dabbled in PVP on occasion. I have sunk myself into the PVE story, which there is a lot of when you have the original game and two expansions. I'm still far from being "done" with any of it. As for RP, I haven't run into too much actual role-playing but I suspect the RP crowd stays to itself. If you are interested in RP, you might look at the Guild Wars Role Playing Association web site. In regards to events, there are a ton of them. Birthday events, launch events, holiday events, it seems like they are decorating the major towns/cities every time I turn around.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• Allanon6666Allanon6666 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Ah, the gw events.  My god, there are tons.  There are one sfor xmas, holloween, new years, easter, valintines day, character birthdays, and more.  Alot of times they guys at Anet just have little evenst, such as double faction points for ab battles (faction points can be spent on certain things in the factions campain, if you didn't know).  Now, if you wan't rampent roleplaying, you need to go else where, cause like the guy before me said, the rp comunity tends to keep to themselves, but they are out there (and there are guilds full of them too).  In general the gw comunity is great and the game is a lot of fun.  And if can figure out and get into the pvp, there's a lot of fun to be had there, too. 

hope this helps

Oh, and if you are looking for epic struggles, get factinos and get into ab battles, there is a line that changes on a, i believe, 3 hr. basis that controls how much teritory is owned by each of the 2 factions in the game.