Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy priest

I'm a lvl 70 NE priest that been a shadow priest till i max, i have respac to holy thinking that all that i would be doing for now on was raiding, i was wrong, i traded all my dps gear in for holy, found some good healing mods, and join a raiding guild, i don't raid cause my gear isn't "good" healing gear i wait till they need a replacement (which never happens). and all 5 man instances are boring. So my question is this, is there anything fun for a holy priest to do? and is there any use for a priest outside of an instance? Thank you to all that reads this.

Peace to the world.

Comments

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

my wife, that is knowledgeable in this stuff, tell me that na holy priest is actually a pvp build.

healing priest go discipline. now, no idea if is true, she says so and she has read most guides out there for priests and has several priests...

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• JimmyMcCallJimmyMcCall Member Posts: 82
    Honestly, not really.  I was in the same boat when I played, except I was a warrior, the raiding guild I was in had me respec to protection, and I went on every raid with them, but I never tanked and they would not allow me to respec.  Sucks you got rid of your gear, but if you arn't raiding, get decent DPS gear back and go PvP, and/or find a better raiding guild.

Playing:I can't say
    Waiting:Tabula Rasa
    Played:M59,UO,EQ,AO,SWG,L2,CoX
    SB,EQ2,WoW,VG:SoH,GW,AC,AC2,
    DAoC,DDO,DR,EVE,FFXI,PSO,RO,
    RFO,RoE,MxO,H:EoI,N2,Imagine

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    I have been holy/disc since about level 50. I hit level 70 about a month after TBC was released. I rejoined my old raiding guild and also sat on the sideline because they already had 3 other priests. If you don't have decent healing gear, you will be out of luck.

I left WoW about 3 weeks after hitting 70 and haven't looked back.
  • In my experience, healing is all about taste, either you enjoy it or you don't. If you find healing boring, then go back to a shadow priest. I've been playing a healing priest for 2 years, I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I actually have a lot of fun keeping people alive, knowing I'm the only thing standing between my group and death is an interesting feeling.

Outside of instances I'm not really sure what you can do, I mean you can do quests or group up with someone and farm motes or something *shrug*

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Healing priests are perfectly playable in PvP. They are definitely desirable in AV, and most WSG/AB pre-mades will want to have a healer along, although in PUG pvp expect to be targeted and you won't  receive much protection from your teammates (so expect to die lots). For PvP purposes you should mix in at least a little discovery - e.g. the stun resist talent and improved shield. I used to play a lot of AV as a 60 healing priest with a 21 disc / 30 holy build.

The best way to get into a raid is to get a reputation for competence. Go on instance runs with guildies, keep them alive, and pick up a little kit on the way. Eventually spaces will appear in the raid.

However if you don't enjoy healing for instance runs then I really have to ask "Is raiding for you?" Since raid healing tends to be similar to instance healing but more repetitive.