Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats up with metal?

malak118malak118 Member Posts: 221
So i have gathered that many of you enjoy metal. I have some friends into it as well mostly the prog (progressive) variety. I never took much of an interest in it. I tend to like more rock, blues, country blends of music. I was wondering if some of you wouldnt mind sharing what you love about metal. Please be more descriptive than "it rokss dudz". Also do you favor death, prog, mainstream pop, any other style you can think of? Feel free to mention any band that you like also and why. Thanks for the posts.

Comments

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    Originally posted by malak118

So i have gathered that many of you enjoy metal. I have some friends into it as well mostly the prog (progressive) variety. I never took much of an interest in it. I tend to like more rock, blues, country blends of music. I was wondering if some of you wouldnt mind sharing what you love about metal. Please be more descriptive than "it rokss dudz". Also do you favor death, prog, mainstream pop, any other style you can think of? Feel free to mention any band that you like also and why. Thanks for the posts.
    This is hard to answer, but I like every kind of music. I like my metal because it gives me energy and it makes me feel alive I guess, or like I want to punch an infant. I like that feeling.

I like satanic metal like Akercocke and avant-garde or horror metal like Corn on Macabre, just to give you a taste of the metal I listen to. Akercocke, their drummer David Gray is insane, and I love Jason Mendoncas vocals and the guitar is pretty much standard metal guitar, but I think the vocals and drums make it that much different and better for me.

and Corn on Macabre is just like a lot of thrash, a lot of screaming, and a lot of treble, which just works for me for whatever reason.

I listen to a lot of jam bands like the Grateful Dead and Phish, and my brother is getting me into 13th Floor Elevators and Tea Leaf Green, I also listen to a lot of avant-garde bands like Kayo Dot and maudlin of the Well, and bands from Norway such as The Last James and When (psychedelic, popish), and lots of Norway goth music.

I'm just giving you an overview of my taste in music, I like a lot more than just this though..

• malak118malak118 Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Nierro

Originally posted by malak118

This is hard to answer, but I like every kind of music. I like my metal because it gives me energy and it makes me feel alive I guess, or like I want to punch an infant. I like that feeling.

I like satanic metal like Akercocke and avant-garde or horror metal like Corn on Macabre, just to give you a taste of the metal I listen to. Akercocke, their drummer David Gray is insane, and I love Jason Mendoncas vocals and the guitar is pretty much standard metal guitar, but I think the vocals and drums make it that much different and better for me.

and Corn on Macabre is just like a lot of thrash, a lot of screaming, and a lot of treble, which just works for me for whatever reason.

I listen to a lot of jam bands like the Grateful Dead and Phish, and my brother is getting me into 13th Floor Elevators and Tea Leaf Green, I also listen to a lot of avant-garde bands like Kayo Dot and maudlin of the Well, and bands from Norway such as The Last James and When (psychedelic, popish), and lots of Norway goth music.

I'm just giving you an overview of my taste in music, I like a lot more than just this though.. Interesting I checked out Akercoke they seem pretty good. I also liked corn on macbre the way they seemed to blend metal with punk. These types of fusion is what I really look for in music thanks for the info.
  • VicariousVicarious Member Posts: 21
    well like he said it kinda gives you a rush, like for me when i listen i just turn into another person, at home ima nice guy, not hazardous, at a concert you look at me funny ima show what's funny
  • DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Because I used to listen to it before football games to get me in an infant punching kind of mood..and it just sorta stuck, even after I became a Jesus freak.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• malak118malak118 Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Draenor

Because I used to listen to it before football games to get me in an infant punching kind of mood..and it just sorta stuck, even after I became a Jesus freak.
    As far as the infant punching goes anyone seen the aqua teen movie? they have this great opening scene which i dont wanna ruin. just thought it was funny after hearing about infant boxing.
  • kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Nierro

I like satanic metal

What...the...

Their is actually a genre of music....like that.  That's awful.  Everything has run-offs, but metal leading into satanic metal just seems wrong.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• JimmyLegsJimmyLegs Member Posts: 361
    Yes they do have "satanic" metal such as Deicide. But I love metal mainly for the "hard/grudgy" sound. And the screaming... yeah... Not as much as this is what you hear "RRRGGGG BLUGH!!!!" /guitar riff!!! Enough so you can understand them, but not so much it's like... wtf did he say? Check out In Flames, that's what I like .
  • UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

I'm not a big metal fan, mostly hip hop, but what metal I do like usually gets me hyper. 

Stuff like Godsmack, Sevendust, and Black Sabath go great when I'm drawing or painting and trying to invoke a darker atmosphere.  It can be fun to scream at a piece of paper.

Wish Darkfall would release.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

"If you are not into metal, you are not my friend!" - Manowar

That pretty much sums it up for me.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• rebirth1629rebirth1629 Member Posts: 113
    well i love metal but not death or satanic metal....

AND FOR ALL OF U IT's SPELLED KORN......not corn.....

I lvoe godsmack, avenged sevenfold and most of all METALLICAAAAAAA.....

Why i love metal....it actually pump my adrenaline when i play game....try playing Master of puppets while playing shooting or in a pvp =D...somehow to me make me feel the strongest mofo

OBEY YOUR MASTERRRRRRRRR
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Can't separate the different genres, but I suppose I listen to some kind of metal. Rammstein is is metal, or? Otherwise I also like Black Sabbath and Guns N' Roses, but I can't really see which genre is which. I suppose I like metal as long as the "metal-sound" doesn't compromise the music. You know that sound you can hum for yourself? That's the idea behind the song, as I see it. If the metal songs got a good "idea" behind the song I like it...