Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few EQII Questions

BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978
I've not played since April of 2005. I know there have been some changes to the game, some say for the better, but I was curious about a few things. I realize these are a lot of questions if you know a link that has a consolidated patch list I'll sift through that.

Is the battle movement still in the game?

Are you now able to buff other players without being grouped?

I know changes have been made in Crafting, are you now able to craft without specializing?

Are mobs still chained?

If MOBs aren't chained and if battle speed is gone, are you able to kite?

I assume by now traveling has improved as far as taking griffin flights?

Do you still have to complete quest to enter into the various lands/zones? 

If there are any other areas that have had significant changes since the old days feel free brief me on that.  Thanks in advance.

The Old Timers Guild
Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by BuzWeaver

I've not played since April of 2005. I know there have been some changes to the game, some say for the better, but I was curious about a few things. I realize these are a lot of questions if you know a link that has a consolidated patch list I'll sift through that.

Is the battle movement still in the game?

Im not sure what you mean by this, but yes, you move in battle??

Yes, combat locking was now made optional so you can assist someone not grouped with in battle with heals buffs etc

I know changes have been made in Crafting, are you now able to craft without specializing?

No you still have your classes, you still must choose your next sub profession.

Are mobs still chained?

If you mean are they still social, then yes. If you attack one and his ungrouped mate is nearby chances are he will come in to the fight too.

If MOBs aren't chained and if battle speed is gone, are you able to kite?

I guess you can on solo mobs, always could

I assume by now traveling has improved as far as taking griffin flights?

Nek Forest and Thundering Steppes now have Griffon Towers.  For the Sinking Sands theres Carpet travel and in Kingdom of Sky there are clouds

Do you still have to complete quest to enter into the various lands/zones? 

No, they took out those requirements long time ago, you can still do the quests if you want though as they left them in but you don't have to.

If there are any other areas that have had significant changes since the old days feel free brief me on that.  Thanks in advance.

I wont go into detail but Nek Forest and Commonlands both had revamps done, Neriak has now emerged (free content).  A tougher version of Nek Castle is available too.  Thats it for old content i think.  Then of course theres a ton of new stuff too.

• CeohaiCeohai Member Posts: 305
    Originally posted by Flem

Yes, combat locking was now made optional so you can assist someone not grouped with in battle with heals buffs etc

Most buffs and some heals are set so that they can only be cast on group/raid members.

As for battle movement, if you mean the whole in-combat / out of combat movement speed thing, yes it's still there.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978
    I really appreciate the answers, yes the battle speed while in combat is what I was referring to. I thought EQII was a great game, but at the time it just felt to micro managed. I'm glad they made changes to allow for a more free sense of play. I thought the graphics were quite impressive and it was a fun game.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• HonosHonos Member Posts: 93
    I'm not sure about your questions as I'm completely new to EQ2, but I'm having a good time.  I'm a refugee from WoW and have found EQ2 a nice break and a well done game. 

Past: EQ, EQ2, DAoC, SWG, WoW, LotR, VG, WAR, GW, GW2, Rift
    Present: The Elder Scrolls Online
    Future: Everquest Next

• Basically everything you asked about is gone or changed.