Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screenshots of Vanguard (EDIT:+ vids aswell please ;)

Comments

• AdewulfAdewulf Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Nice! Keep em coming, please healz4u!!

And as I have mainly been spending time on Qualia I thought I show a picture of some of the other continents scenery.

Thestra -

www.imagehoop.com/view_image/4006f1624/vgclient 2007-05-03 22-36-36-02.jpg

And Kojan

www.imagehoop.com/view_image/dde691613/vgclient%202007-05-03%2022-56-36-19.jpg
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Nice screeny's everyone and some story's with themkeep em coming

Thought if anyone has some movie clips to show would be nice to see some. Myself cut and pasted some fraps from my Monk, gotta say i enjoy monk pretty much, clips from lvl 5/8 is seen in the clip.

http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meandmymonk0003lc8.flv

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Originally posted by healz4u

I took a few, but I promise to eventually get better pictures for everyone.

Here is a photo of some group action in a dungeon with some friends:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/groupaction.jpg

More group action:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/GroupAttack.jpg

Group in very scary hallway (I was nervous!):

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/GroupCorridor.jpg

Here is a photo of a friend of mine, right when I logged-in, being attacked by a Drake (look out!):

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/DrakeAttack.jpg

My friend on his mount came to visit me (it is like a dragon or something):

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Friendonmount.jpg

My griffon can beat-up your WoW-gryphon (had to say it!):

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Griffon.jpg

Edit: btw, I can fully control that flying mount.

And here is moi - my pride and joy:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Me.jpg

(I hope it works; I have never loaded images to a web page before!)

Enjoy!

Awesome armor on your main, Healz. I'm sorry but that armor is the most solid and kewl looking from any game I've seen ever. I'm a full on armor and weapons freak btw which is why I just couldn't get into CoX.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Thought if anyone has some movie clips to show would be nice to see some. Myself cut and pasted some fraps from my Monk, gotta say i enjoy monk pretty much, clips from lvl 5/8 is seen in the clip.

Holy crap man, your computer just rules. Must be like 50 fps running through Khal lol I couldn't get over 10 there. Awesome video man, well worth the effort.

Originally posted by anarchyart

Holy crap man, your computer just rules. Must be like 50 fps running through Khal lol I couldn't get over 10 there. Awesome video man, well worth the effort.

Hehe thanks, well with the fastforward trick i placed on the vids  its almost 50 FPS  if i would play it normal speed its about 22/27FPS inside Khal. And thanks btw my system is AMD x2 4400+, 7900GT, 4gb ram, xfi-e pro,12mbit con. For a casual gamer its a pretty awesome machine, but for a hardcore player i feel its somewhat mid-range, but gonna wait a few months before upgrading to a 8series and up the cpu, but for now pretty satisfied with my system, sure wished i could play Vanguard max settings afcourse but time will heal that like it did for most high system demanding games.

Also i can't figure out why fraps is eating about 15/20 fps. If anyone knows a recording program that doesn't eat that much fps i be happy to hear about it. Like to show afcourse movie with CTRL+P to show fps but already know that when people see it in my fraps movies they will respond with what they see and that mostly about 20/28 fps outside when i turn on fraps compared to the 40/50 i get without fraps outside. Keep in mind i do not temper with ini.flies as doing so might currupt things for future patches, never been a fan of tempering with game files. I thought it was you (thanks btw if so ) that suggested a UI but i had to temper in my ini.files which made me not change the UI .

Another thing i have noticed is to have a retail version of Windows compared to a friend of mine who has a illagal version and i also have one at my gf's computer but notice more games and programs sometimes have problems where i don't.

But then again all this might  just be luck on my part. Well its fun and thats what counts.

Originally posted by Orphes

http://stage6.divx.com/user/charta77/video/1204823/Vanguard,-adventure-1

http://stage6.divx.com/user/charta77/video/1189401/Vanguard,-rogue-3

http://stage6.divx.com/user/charta77/video/1181406/Vanguard,-rogue

Nah... and I'm honestly not trying to be that good making movies but it's fun anyway :)

Cool vids bro, what res do you use? bit jalouze when i see it , i'm playing 1280-1024?, almost every other game always 1600-1200 unfortunaly Vanguard is bit more demanding but like i said previous reply...time will heal ...oh and the recording prog you use=?

Keep em coming everyone

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Using fraps it is cheap enough and works.

The video gets scaled to 720x??? (depending if playing widescren or not.)

Usually plays windowed at 1400x900. FPS varies around 20 when I am recording.

Using Adobe premiere elements to cut the videos together. Windows own program works to, somewhat.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

hehe don't let this topic sink, some people already want Vanguard to sink (as if thats gonna happen )

Anyway little vid again with some music from Vanguard: The Highlands, showing some different area's as some feel everything looks the same some how. Anyway enjoy : http://profile.imageshack.us/user/reklaw001/videos/detail/#531/shortcutsvanguardmusictcp3.flv

• healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065
    Originally posted by anarchyart

Awesome armor on your main.

Hehe.

Thank you (blush). 

The armor and weapons in Vanguard is the most exquisitely detailed I have seen in any game.  I wish I knew how to post images better because the details are not as discernible.  Thanks a lot!

Edit:  Wow!  You guys make amazing videos.  I am going to have to figure out how to do this, but I cannot make any promises.  I am not really very tech savvy.  Great vids. 
  • eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984
    This one is a rather boring run friom Hator Zi to the Gnome bunkers. Starts late afternoon (ingame)

AMD 3500+. 2 gb , ati x1900GT. @1280x1024

It was recorded weeks ago. Newer patches might be with less hitches. Its also better with my newer SATA II HD now. Mind you that fraps was runing in background. The movie is uncuit and the truth.

WARNING. Its ziped 300 megabytes and i will put the move off in a few hours. Mirror and repost here if you want to keep it available.

moonlight run

Edit: Movie is no longer available.
    Originally posted by healz4u

Narrative:

However, my time to explore was short-lived:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Hostile.jpg

To Be Continued...

Here I was taken captive by the Goblin Witch Doctor, accused of being a Tanvu Settler:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Leader.jpg

In exchange for my release, I agreed to embark on a Quest.  My mission - to slay the Deathlord Braelan. 

Enemies learn of my Quest and try to thwart me, but I flee New Targanor:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/PvPChasingme.jpg

Whilst in the city-stronghold New Targanor, an unfriendly player trapped me!:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/MountCity.jpg

I managed to escape and meet my friend, waiting for me on the "Brown Eyed Girl" ship:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/SailAway.jpg

True to my word, I resume my Quest and seek this Deathlord Braelan at his domain:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Graystone.jpg

I begin to assemble a team of brave and willing adventurers:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Graystoneoutside.jpg

We begin to make our entry into this forbidden place:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/GrouptotheDungeon.jpg

We search and search but do not find the Deathlord Braelan:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Search.jpg

The group disassembles, and exhausted I begin to ponder my difficult Quest:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/MountnearHouse.jpg

Have I failed this Quest?

Hope is found! A man who can spy for me by transforming into a Skeleton!:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/Skeletor.jpg

My spy learns of his location, and we spot the forsaken Deathlord!:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/DeathlordBra.jpg

He is an extraordinarily powerful Dread Knight, knowing neither mercy nor pain but only death!:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/DB2.jpg

To Be Continued....

• UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

The slideshow was great!

All those screens looked like paintings as they passed by.  Very impressed with the pics you took.

Wish Darkfall would release.

Hehe.  (beams with a smile).  I hope you are referring to my posted slideshow, Urdig, if so thank you.

I wanted to post my FPS in a demanding arena where there is both ongoing PvP and PvE.  IF anyone in the game has played in the arena, it is the equivalent in many respects of a major city. 

Arena

PvE (similar to a city)

(1)  You can initiate PvE events inside of the arena

(2)  You obtain many and varied Quests

(a)  there are significant gear Quests

(i)   you also improve your faction with the Minotaurs from Quest completion

PvP

(1)  Many Shadow and Order lurk in PvP area because of PvE activities

In this photograph, I am being pursued by a Shadow:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/FPS.jpg

In this photograph, you cannot make out the PvE you can see the flame next to me and all the details (the flames and environmental effects tend to reduce FPS):

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/FPS2.jpg

I just found this one while swimming (non-Arena):

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/eqclovis/FPSswimming.jpg

The above are on Highest Graphics and Ultra High detail.

I am actually not familiar with FPS (Frames Per Second) but if you can make it out, I have around average late 60s to early 70s while I play the game.  In many ways, that is the case while in cities as well.  I hope it works!  Edit:  If some one knows how to post images better, please send me a mail. My pictures do not do the game justice.

My performance has improved drastically since release.  I cannot speak for everyone, though.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Some nive screenshots in this thread.  Keep them coming.   :)

Thanks and indeed keep this topic alive ;)

As some said all we see is scenery's, well thats because those of us playing really like it, but to favour those wondering if we adventures also fight and what it is atleast i fight, i try to show below with some action shots. These are no fights with amazing cool creatures though i do like the amount of detail put into those i do show especialy creatures when you really see them bite at you (a "Oblivion" effect when getting hit would fit nice in Vanguard especialy when playing 1st person view), but reactions in fight from both self, players and npc's are sometimes really great, unfortunaly not all the time as sometimes you hardly notice a hit or getting hit except for healthbars changing, but overall the combat experiance for me is really nice and very enjoyeble. Stil not mass grouped but occasionaly group with 1 or 2 persons.img502/8134/reactionsaresometimesreou4.jpg

shown above "Yuni steps"  NW of neamsogbunkers.

img246/5456/fightwonagainstrestlessej2.jpg

above and below near Raia's camp where you see on the shot below in the back City of Khal, thes Fledgeling of Malteloc are recently added as there use to be 2 sometimes 3 manticores lvl 16/18 4 or 5 dot can't recall, and now there some new quest around them.

img502/7067/fledgelingofmaltelocfigpv4.jpg

img201/8058/ouchvl3.jpg

errmmmm could be many places

img246/5959/rockelementalgetssmackebq7.jpg

Near Yunii steps again, different quest sorry can't recall its name

img155/4214/nastyrativ3.jpg

above: Village of the Fangs NW up the hill across neamsog bunkers

img201/9802/thinkiupsetthemaneaterof8.jpg

above:Tanvu, on my way to the riftstone to get me a Rent-A-Pegasus

img246/4286/nosweatkv2.jpg

above: Firetower close to camp Raia, doing hte last part of a chained quest, getting 3 orbs. Here i needed to collect  fire to sort of  fireup the last remaining orb.

img156/829/lotsofmagicforagoatherdzf0.jpg

Yuni steps

Nice, Reklaw.

It reminds me I have still so much to see in this game. 

By the way, I love the small group and solo model of VG; there are only a few places (it is like a small raid) in which a full group of six is required to be effective.

Cheers. And keep them coming!

EDIT:  Btw, at release I was getting like 15 FPS! LOL.  Today, I get like average 70. 

Do you feel the goblin love here

img502/6074/screenshot00041bm8.jpg

NN

• CladaClada Member Posts: 168

Hey guys,

here are some of my pics!

Trying to kill a  spider alien with a buddy of mine:

--------------------

I was compleating a quest in this forest, but had to stop and take a pic! :

--------------------

On my way up to a large keep ontop of a mountain:

--------------------

The shiny steps in the temple of Utkin:

--------------------

Giant headed for town!

--------------------

A Dam:

--------------------

View of Khal:

--------------------

Me testing out my shamen morph for the first time!

--------------------

I found this small little town tucked away ontop of a mountain:

Hope you liked them!

------------------------------
    Check out some of the mmo's I have played:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/129987/page/1

PC STATS:
    - Q9550
    - Evga GTX 280 SSC x2 (SLI)
    - 8GB DDR3
    - Nforce 790i Ultra

• MrTumN3sMrTumN3s Member Posts: 439

nice, i was wondering if you had a buddy key by chance?

----------------------------
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

• coorsman66coorsman66 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    i just reactivated my vanguard account and i'm kinda lonely. anyone on the thunderaxe server that would guild some of my characters? i need friends

imageFuck the world, for all its worth,Every inch of planet earth!image

Originally posted by Clada

Hey guys,
    here are some of my pics!
    testing out my shamen morph for the first time!

You mean you get to actualy fly as this bird as shown on screenshot. That i did not know, test-server or just testing it for hte first time as recieved skill in "live" game. Shaman already looks allot more intresting then i thought And that morph just makes it awesome. Cool screenshots all of them.

Hope you liked them! Yup
  • GidionGidion Member UncommonPosts: 66

You mean you get to actualy fly as this bird as shown on screenshot. That i did not know, test-server or just testing it for hte first time as recieved skill in "live" game. Shaman already looks allot more intresting then i thought And that morph just makes it awesome. Cool screenshots all of them.

Sadly no... you do not get free flight with the phoenix form.. It gives you levitate witch works as a really slow slowfall with the ability to still stear around... You can never ever use it to gain altitude...
  • UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

Thank you Reklaw for the info to post screen shots.

Ok, the last one isn't a screenshot, but I like to show off my art to. 

Wish Darkfall would release.

Nice art (open a gallery at oftopic section) and nice shots. Keep em coming

Anyway....Monsters or hugh mobs, yes i have seen a few, not that many but i'm still young as in lvl young (lvl 16main)

Below Tanvu- the biggy is a lvl 8/2dot only, piece of cake for my ranger who is second to my main at lvl 15, but sometimes you meet things you just want to fight regardless what lvl, pure to see what it does, unless it smacks right to the ground in one hit afcourse

img512/5563/screenshot00084gk8.jpg

Tanvu- island for a couple of quest for the monestary. 

img528/2575/screenshot00106al8.jpg

Below Errm,momentarly memory lose  ...somewhere between khal and neamsog bunkers?

img510/9753/screenshot00009mg7.jpg

East of Khal, big guy is a bit to much for me to handle, if i'm not mistaken something about lvl 25 and 5 dots (not 100% sure) but definitly out of my league....for now

img529/9402/screenshot00126rl4.jpg

Yup a Plated Tromper

img300/4680/screenshot00071wu0.jpg