Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is good about this game, but why it isnt worth the money

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

For die-hard Final Fantasy fans, you might enjoy this game. For people looking for a fun, original, customizeable MMORPG, you might want to choose another game. This game is an everquest clone. I have been spoiled by classic MMORPGs such as Ultima Online, so when I play this game I suffer major dissapointment. However, one thing is good about this game. The jobs are completely original, unlike the rest of the game.

Black mages and white mages are awesome. Some MMORPGs mix them together making the ultimate undefeatable mage. It's about time they made the odds fair for people who prefer melee.

The summoner ability and dragoon ability are awesome, you can go around the world collecting gems to summon new monsters. Dragoons are warriors capable of summoning drakes.

I liked this game, but it wasnt worth the $50 or the monthly fee. Im not saying it shouldnt have a monthly fee, because all MMORPGs have monthly fees, but I dont want to pay for this game because I have found better alternatives. This game lacks two things:

A good PVP system (I think there is a new PVP system that was released in a patch but it looks awful, a game-based PVP that isnt PK style like Ultima Online or Shadowbane, taking out the fun in forming groups and attacking PKers)

Originality- This game is like Everquest, only not as good.

Not to mention this game is only fun for questors. The game is only about doing quests. You can't even dress your character however you like, your clothing options are limited to your job/race. For instance, if I want to wear a demon mask but I'm a white mage, I cant because demon masks are limited to other jobs (that is a true example, I can't wear demon masks image.

The world is large, and by large I mean incredibly huge. What is a good MMORPG without a big world? I love the world, it's beautiful and it looks real. It even has changing weather!

I have had my fair share of sucky MMORPGs and this game is not the worst, but I wouldnt go as far as saying past mediocre.

People looking to buy this game should realize that this game sells so well becuase of it's liscense, so beware.

I hope this helped you make your choice in buying the game or not.

By the way, this post was not intended to flame, as I mentioned the good points of the game.

Ultima Online- Apoc
Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• PsycosisPsycosis Member Posts: 362

I read the forums, so what if i haven't played the game? I still am a hardcore FF fan and i even if i wasn't I wouldn't want to see people winging about it constantly...

people are intitled to their own opinion sure, but we have heard it all before so many times that i no longer care.. i wouldn't mind if they all wrote a post like this guy did.. its informative, and a clearly stated opinion not..

THIS GAME SUXORZ I IZ THE BEST GAMEZ PLAYER AND I LIKE SOLO SO DON'T BUY THIS GAME COS U HAVE TO GROUP

which most of the right..

some of them write page long posts like this.. its not required, its not necessary, and it is not apreciated.

--------------------------------------------
    Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?

Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?
    http://www.soundclick.com/wizard-sleeve
    I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it
    http://www.nexusradio.co.uk - Online radio promoting unsigned artists

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

The main problem with FFXI is the monthly fee. I'm not paying for something I can't pvp or customize in. I feel like I'm paying monthly fees to play Final Fantasy IX with better AI yet slower combat (and take away Zidane. No one on FFXI is as pimp as Zidane). If Square Enix stopped pussy-footing around PVP with these half-baked god awful ideas and just put out a real PVP system, much similar to Ultima Online's, it would convince me to play. Murderers wont camp cities, folks. Murderers will be driven out into the far corners of the world and attack unsuspecting, soloing players. No murderers (smart ones at least) in UO hang around towns. They get driven out by players. I think thats a good penalty. What do you say Square Enix? Or do you still expect only to sell because of your fanboy liscenses yet crappy gameplay? Frankly, I am pissed off. $50 that could have been spent on a new skateboard deck.

Ultima Online- Apoc
    Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
    World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • LotharekLotharek Member Posts: 5

I have to agree with Ramadin this time. After playing FFXI for a few months...I canceled my account. I can't stand the boring combat system, and I would prefer kingdom PvP similiar to DAoC rather than some cheesy game. Maybe I'm just spoiled by playing DAoC, but If they changed those two things, I would definately play the game again.

That's just my opinion though. Personally, I'm just waiting for World of Warcraft, DnL, or MEO::::28::

- Lotharek

- Lotharek