Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A pretty cool free game under my standards

I'd show you a screenie, if only I could get one working for me. Anyways, you can get the game at  http://lfd.wickedgardens.net so at least check it out.

Comments

• phantiumphantium Member UncommonPosts: 214
    No comment, only becouse i know the maker(s) and i would never play it.

Twitter @Phantium

• Salty777Salty777 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Hey I just checked this out, and its pretty cool considering they help you out whne you log in and kind of give you a free tutorial! I mean its free and the download is major quick for those on dialup, although I am on broadband! I would suggest checking this out and atleast playing it for like 5-10 minutes there is nothing too lose, and you might meet some friends and get addicted hehe!

• Salty777Salty777 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Who is the maker? I was trying to find that out when I downloaded it!

Originally posted by Salty777
    Who is the maker? I was trying to find that out when I downloaded it!

Twitter @Phantium

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by phantium

How snide.

• AcidAngelAcidAngel Member Posts: 1
    Actually Avatar didn't "Make" the game Neither did I it was Darryl Camo Ava and Me and maybe a couple others that helped and Avatar Has since left the projec and is no longer in volved Just so that you know

Originally posted by ianubisi

Originally posted by phantium

How snide.

You don't know what the heck your talking about.

Twitter @Phantium

• ZixouhZixouh Member Posts: 4
    You know what? Instead of worrying who made the game, actually try it. I have a feeling you'll like it more than you think.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

I don't usually play games UNDER my standards. I like to play games that at least meet my standards, and possibly go above my standards :)

• MewOmegaMewOmega Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Nobody wants to play such a shitty game.

• FlecFlec Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by MewOmega
    Nobody wants to play such a shitty game.

Sometimes there are times to be a dick head and sometimes there aren't... Mew.. Keep your opinions to yourself.. Someone took a lot of time in making this game, people DO Like this game, people DO want to play this game.. Would you like if you took the time and effort to make an RPG then have someone say      "Nobody wants to play such a shitty game."  

This is my opinion , but I think you are a premiere... Ass.. Hole.. 

-Flec

P.S. I have played the game, I like the game, but that isn't the reason I am sticking up for it.

Yes, someone took a lot of time making this game, and that person was me. I feel I am within my rights to say whether something which is probably still at least 98% of my code is shitty or not. I doubt the people who are running this version of bothered to change much besides some graphics or maps, though I did not download it to see. But you know what? I don't want to take credit for the code, because I admit it's really crappy, even for VB. Then again, I hadn't worked on it for appromixately 2 years anyway. So yes, have fun.

• ZixouhZixouh Member Posts: 4

Well now, you should have said something like that. Several people contributed to the making of this. Also, to tell you the truth, not a whole bunch of graohics were edited. That doesn't mean it's a crappy game though. But hey, you're entitled to your own opinion.

Look, DragonSpires was crap and barely anybody played it, so since you're trying to recreate DragonSpires the outcome can only be crappy.

• RazageRazage Member Posts: 53

Actually if anyone shouldn't say anything about the game, it is the creators. Nobody is an expert at self-diagnosis.

It would seem to me that it looks like Mew gave up on the project and dropped out and thus there's a bunch of squabbling between him and his former compatriots which has some how ended up here resulting in me typing this paragraph about them squabbling. My point? Download it and try it for yourself. I wouldn't trust the current dev's who seem to want to "out do" Mew by hyping the game, and plus it's their game so they should hype it. I also wouldn't trust Mew because he's trying to derail the project with critisizm as either an attempt to get back at the origional dev's for something or because he didn't believe in the project and can see no constructive way to prove he's right other then posting on random forums about it.

I would download it and try it for yourself and then make a judgement. Me? Well I have PS2 to play so I probably won't be downloading it. That dosn't mean I think it's a bad game though, just wanted to point out the inconsistancies here so that nobody gets a false impression. I wonder if this counts towards my community service¤ hours!!

*Hurry's to courthouse to ask judge*

¤ - Disclaimer: I may not actually have community service hours.