Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Comments

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Baldur's Gate/Dragonlance would both be Dungeons and Dragons based games.  We haven't seen a Dragon Lance game in sheesh 20 years or so, not since SSI's Gold Box Series of dnd crpgs.  I followed a few forums back when Wizard's changed the ruleset and it seemed (at least from the people posting) that is was not well recieved at all.  Looking at the colossal screw up that DDO is I wonder if its the new ruleset or the Eberron setting that played the bigger part in that.

With the development team that Bioware has started with it would seem natural for them to do a Star Wars based game and KOTOR is probably the best star wars game since Xwing vs Tiefighter.  With the whole 30th anniversary thing I am sure Lucas would really like a better representation of Star Wars in the MMO space.

Mass Effect and Dragonage are still unreleased games.  While I know that I personally can hardly wait for these 2 games it would be highly presumptuous of Bioware to be working on an MMO for an unreleased and untested property.  While that could be a boon it would also have its drawbacks.  I recall reading somewhere that Mass Effect is slated for two more sequels... I could see an mmo being the third part maybe

Jade Empire... meh... it was an alright game.  The batch of kung fu oriented mmo's that are currently out and coming out all play rather crappily.  I don't really see bioware doing a kung fu mmo. 

I have no idea what they are working on, but being Bioware I expect alot from them.  Just hope they are able to keep their usual levels of polish and fun while bringing an engaging mmo.
  • IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    i hope it isn't another middle age MMO, or wowist style mmo

I WISH it is Kotor, but i know it is nearly impossible(2 SW MMO in the same time, quite impossible, it will kill SWG)

mass effect might be a possibility, since Bioware really focus on it this year(2 novel), but Heroengine can hardly create the atmosphere in Mass effect since it is so realistic

anyway, i just want a god damn great sci-fi MMO even it is not SW
  • zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by iamjason1989

i hope it isn't another middle age MMO, or wowist style mmo

I WISH it is Kotor, but i know it is nearly impossible(2 SW MMO in the same time, quite impossible, it will kill SWG)

mass effect might be a possibility, since Bioware really focus on it this year(2 novel), but Heroengine can hardly create the atmosphere in Mass effect since it is so realistic

anyway, i just want a god damn great sci-fi MMO even it is not SW
    swg is already dead :)
  • thamatharthamathar Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Any news from CIV ?
    Originally posted by thamathar

Any news from CIV ?
    i am seeing this question so many forums right now :)

still no news

if anybody hear something please post here..
  • darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015
    LucasArts just announced Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga just a little bit ago. Basically nothing more than the first two LSW games packaged together with a little extra content. I presume that if they announce any other games during CIV, they will be just as uninspiring as that one was.

Don't expect anything KOTOR-related at C IV, MMO or otherwise. They wouldn't announce a high-profile game like that right now, because all it would do is steal thunder away from The Force Unleashed, which they are pimping the hell out of right now.
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

I really want a good Star Wars mmo! SOE had it with SWG but they seriously dropped the ball!

Originally posted by darquenblade

LucasArts just announced Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga just a little bit ago. Basically nothing more than the first two LSW games packaged together with a little extra content. I presume that if they announce any other games during CIV, they will be just as uninspiring as that one was.

Don't expect anything KOTOR-related at C IV, MMO or otherwise. They wouldn't announce a high-profile game like that right now, because all it would do is steal thunder away from The Force Unleashed, which they are pimping the hell out of right now.
    LSW again ?

i am ordering Fallout and Dark forces right now..
  • ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472
    Baldur's Gate > Jo0

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    I must admit a knights of the old republic type MMO made by Bioware would be unbelievable.

Originally posted by anarchyart

I must admit a knights of the old republic type MMO made by Bioware would be unbelievable.
  • Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480
    I voted for "other"

Other being a MMO based on the original D&D world - Greyhawk
  • CremasterCremaster Member Posts: 6
    KOTOR
  • wesker1275wesker1275 Member Posts: 65
    Guys look i would love a KOTOR MMORPG like the next star wars fan but do you relly think lucas arts or bioware is going to say any think about this weekend.Do i think bioware is making kotor mmorpg.I hope so.But lucas arts will not let happen.But theycould be making a kotor 3.
    Originally posted by wesker1275

Guys look i would love a KOTOR MMORPG like the next star wars fan but do you relly think lucas arts or bioware is going to say any think about this weekend.Do i think bioware is making kotor mmorpg.I hope so.But lucas arts will not let happen.But theycould be making a kotor 3.
    At this moment an Kotor MMO would be more profit then a Koter 3 in my opinion
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Brenelael
    Knights of the Old Republic definitely! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren

Even tho I didn't play SWG I'd prefer Knights of the Old Republic. I'm kind of tired of all fantasy games, even if many of them are good, they are kind of overrunning the market. Soon Sci-fi games will be the new trend and everyone is going to be asking for more fantasy games...

I know that but tell lucas arts that.I mean look ign have kotor 3 as a rumoured in development but not kotor online.So that tells me that kotor 3 will liky happen.But i want a kotor mmorpg.And if you go ign forums and kotor 1 forums on biowares website they all want a kotor 3.

Originally posted by wesker1275

I know that but tell lucas arts that.I mean look ign have kotor 3 as a rumoured in development but not kotor online.So that tells me that kotor 3 will liky happen.But i want a kotor mmorpg.And if you go ign forums and kotor 1 forums on biowares website they all want a kotor 3.
    Not all, but majority.
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

zayk-

whattya gonna do with your life once they announce the MMO theyre making, whether its another star wars or other?

start a poll on nerfing jedi's maybe?  :P  (kidding )

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
    Any news of the other game that lucas arts will anounce ?

They are not sayng that they are making kotor mmorpg this weekend they will msot liky do it at this years e3 but i do hope they do say some thing but i dont think they will.

• Publish6246Publish6246 Member Posts: 346

I'd like them to work on one of their own IP's because Lucas Arts sucks and they'd probally make it 360 only anyways lol. So i'd say make Mass Effect mmorpg, the art is much better than Star Wars anyways.

-----------------------------

SWG - PrePub9 Jedi mastered all professions - June 26th 2003 > Nov 15th 2005
    EVE Online - 24 million SP - May 6th 2003 > Early 2005
    PlanetSide - BR20 CR5 - May 23rd 2003 > Sept 2003

An MMO on Consoles sucks, and if it was for 360 i would not play it, since for FF11 u must pay for the live and the fee for playing it so it sucks too
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

I have been saying this since BioWare Austin was first formed: FalloutOnline.com is registered to Gordon Walton.

Amongst all the crazy speculation, that has remained the strongest evidence for anything that I have seen about this whole ordeal. Just saying.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

zayk-
    whattya gonna do with your life once they announce the MMO theyre making, whether its another star wars or other?
    start a poll on nerfing jedi's maybe?  :P  (kidding )
    nope i dont mind Jedis or system. A Good developer will solve this kind problems imo.

when they announce

if it will be Star Wars i will start to my Bloody Waiting of release date

if not i will sell my pc and retire from gaming.
This discussion has been closed.