Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Comments

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015
    Well zakyodroid, sounds like nothing is gonna happen regarding Bioware's MMO at C IV--Chris pretty much spelled it out on the official boards. Although I'm sure you saw what I'm referring to.
  • zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220
    Yeah i saw.. and they just locked my "clever" threads about if they are working on an any star wars titled game....

i am really annoyed and dont want to hate my favor game company but they are really pushing it..
    Originally posted by zaykodroid

Yeah i saw.. and they just locked my "clever" threads about if they are working on an any star wars titled game....

i am really annoyed and dont want to hate my favor game company but they are really pushing it..
    Why? It's not like they have any obligation to tell the fanbase anything at all.

In all honesty, we probably wouldn't even know they were making an MMO if it would have been possible to hide the existence of the Austin studio. Unfortunately, hiding details on a game is one thing, hiding the existence of a game studio is another entirely.

There's really no reason to be angry about it at all. Just be assured that something awesome is being made, and whatever it turns out to be, we'll know about it eventually. I suggest you try and find something to take your mind off of it if you're getting so upset.
    ok just waiting...
  • SilvarianneSilvarianne Member Posts: 35
    As much as I would love them to make an MMO based on KOTOR, or Baldur's Gate, I honestly don't think that they will go that direction. For two reasons, those title IPs are owned by someone else and they would probably want a free hand to do what they do best, make a really great refreshing game and that the recent trend from Bioware seems that they are more interested in making games using their own IP.

Hence I'd think that it'll be based on the world of Dragon Age for a Fantasy based game or Mass Effect if they are going Sci-Fi.

I'd be leaning towards Dragon Age, then again, being Bioware, they would probably come up with something entirely fresh and new and surprise us all.
  • darkstryderxdarkstryderx Member UncommonPosts: 22

While I would love a KoToR MMO, if LA is invovled we are forgetting one possibility.   The World of Indiana Jones.

Originally posted by Silvarianne

Bioware seems that they are more interested in making games using their own IP.

read the first post..

especially the part about "Producer Licencor Liaison"
  • SilvarianneSilvarianne Member Posts: 35
    read the first post..

Taken from the article:

BioWare Austin is searching for a Producer-Licensor Liaison to assist the team in the development of assigned products from concept to release. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility for tracking, managing license submissions, and securing approvals from a 3rd party licensor.

Could mean anything really, from securing artwork license to server farm license to Epayment facility licenses to music and score licenses.

Basically the person will be responsible for keeping track of who Bioware needs to pay depending on what services Bioware will need in its course of developing a MMO.

I still think that  Bioware wants to break from the D&D, Starwars license and do their own thing. Otherwise we'd have seen another AD&D  or Starwars title from them. Bothn Neverwinter Nights 2  as well as Knights of the Republic 2 wasn't really   "Bioware" titles as they leased it out to Obsidian to do.

Note that they left those two out under the heading of  "Bioware Games".

Then again its just an opinion,  I might be wrong. :)
    1 day left to C IV
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    If the game sales they won't care what the ip is. And it will be a star wars game. Thats what they have been instructed to create under the rumor mill.

1 day left to C IV
    *sigh*

Dude, don't expect anything. Seriously, don't.
    Originally posted by darquenblade

1 day left to C IV
    *sigh*

Dude, don't expect anything. Seriously, don't. its just a hope

but actually i am waiting for Pirates of the Burning Sea..
  • Ransom73Ransom73 Member Posts: 227

Loved how Vanvive or whatever his name is got paddled by Chris in the BioWare thread that lead me here.

Princess....classic.

Originally posted by Ransom73

Loved how Vanvive or whatever his name is got paddled by Chris in the BioWare thread that lead me here.
    Princess....classic.
    No it was not funny.

And you guys will get nothing by your great performance about adulatory.
  • ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472
    Baldur's Gate > all

LOL at all these kidies voting for KOTOR
  • RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196
     I would like it to be KOTOR but hope it's anything Sci-Fi and done right. And I'm not a kid. I'm ......uh....in the 25+ group.
  • MozinskiMozinski Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Shazzel

Baldur's Gate > all

I would like to see KOTOR, as long as it's done right and doesn't turn in to the fiasco known as SWG.

Oh, and I haven't been referred to as a kiddie in looooong time (except by my wife )

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939
    Originally posted by Silvarianne

read the first post..

Taken from the article:

BioWare Austin is searching for a Producer-Licensor Liaison to assist the team in the development of assigned products from concept to release. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility for tracking, managing license submissions, and securing approvals from a 3rd party licensor.

Could mean anything really, from securing artwork license to server farm license to Epayment facility licenses to music and score licenses.

Basically the person will be responsible for keeping track of who Bioware needs to pay depending on what services Bioware will need in its course of developing a MMO.

QFT.  Just because they have a Licensor Liaison position, does not equal a third party IP for their MMO.  There are so many other parts to making a MMO, that they could be licensing out.  Including billing, the Engine, customer service, server farms, etc. 

So stop trying to say that this position means they are making a third Party IP.  When their track record shows they won't be.  (Handing off KoToR sequel, NWN sequel, Making their own IPs including Mass Effect and Dragon Age). 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren
    While a KotOR MMO could be a lot of fun (as they can take extreme liberties with the Star Wars universe), I wonder if anyone will want to touch that Mythology for quite a while. SWG has left quite a bad taste in the mouth of fans, and they may be quite reluctant to pick it up again. Then again, even thinking about KotOR means using licensed materials and answering to the powers that control the Star Wars franchise (Lucas Arts, or whomever it is now).

The folks at Bioware seemed quite happy to be working on Dragon Age - developing their own world - after running with the licensed D&D worlds/rulesets for so long. I would think that with an existing D&D MMO already out there, they would look to create a custom, new MMO - perhaps one tied to the Dragon Age world. This would allow players of DA to learn about the world and history in a single-player experience, then later delve into a MMO that uses the same world (ala what Blizzard fif with Warcraft).
    Originally posted by Shazzel

Baldur's Gate > all

vaow respect for the Big one!

do a favor for humanity

go jump off a cliff.
    if it would be fantaasy genre it will suck imo.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Fantasy can be anything you want including having Sci-Fi elements.  The problem is no one wants to come up with their own new races and creatures.  The safe way to go is using everything that tolkien and others used in the past like Elves, Dwarfs, Hobbits, Goblins, Orcs, etc. 
    i just dont want to see any more elf, wizard and spell.
  • demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

I realy want it to be KOTOR,and if bioware is smart they WILL make a KOTOR mmog.Because as you can see only rumors floating around about a SW mmog in the KOTOR era by bioware stirs quite alot of forums.And to be honest if I ever planed to make any MMOG I wouldnt go with one that had elfs and orcs,there are too many fantasy mmogs,the only good scifi mmo I know is Eve online.Curently Scifi and sea combat (mostly based on pirates etc) mmos are what the market is lacking atm,and that market is full of potential.There are simply way too many fantasy games out there (with elfs and orcs) and more are comming.People want something diferent,personaly I cant stand elfs,but I like orcs (warhammer orcs that is) ... but I prefer scifi mmogs.

Originally posted by demolishIX

I realy want it to be KOTOR,and if bioware is smart they WILL make a KOTOR mmog.Because as you can see only rumors floating around about a SW mmog in the KOTOR era by bioware stirs quite alot of forums.And to be honest if I ever planed to make any MMOG I wouldnt go with one that had elfs and orcs,there are too many fantasy mmogs,the only good scifi mmo I know is Eve online.Curently Scifi and sea combat (mostly based on pirates etc) mmos are what the market is lacking atm,and that market is full of potential.There are simply way too many fantasy games out there (with elfs and orcs) and more are comming.People want something diferent,personaly I cant stand elfs,but I like orcs (warhammer orcs that is) ... but I prefer scifi mmogs.
    you are reading my mind.
This discussion has been closed.