Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doesn't work on vista..

DethlyBladeZDethlyBladeZ Member Posts: 106
Yeah this game is awesome n' all, I loved playing it when I had windows xp.. though sadly now that I've updated to vista, 9D will not work, it keeps stopping the program and comming up with errors n' such.. just posting this to let people know who have vista and are wanting to try this game, that sadly it doesn't work.. and if it does work on one of yours, then I have no clue whats wrong with mine..

Comments

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209
    did you try turning off the thing that goes Cancel or Allow? everytime you try to do something? I got vista then tried to play a game it kept getting errors and crashing and stuff then I turned off that thing.  I think the option to disable it is under the main administrator options in user thingy in vista.  turn that off and the game worked again, sounds like you got the same problem. try it and it should fix it
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Complication

did you try turning off the thing that goes Cancel or Allow? everytime you try to do something? I got vista then tried to play a game it kept getting errors and crashing and stuff then I turned off that thing.  I think the option to disable it is under the main administrator options in user thingy in vista.  turn that off and the game worked again, sounds like you got the same problem. try it and it should fix it

ya, vistas has like a blocker thing similar to some anti viruses

i have zone alarm and every time i run a program that needs to use the internet it lets me know, and i could either deny or or allow permission to run it...

i liked playing 9 dragons but when the original servers dropped and acclaim took over i stopped playing

• SacasuSacasu Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Might need to try adjusting the administrator settings under the properties of the program shortcut, too.  I had XP and  played fine and now I have Vista Home version and can still run this game with no problems. I also use the Firefox shortcut over the IE one. The instructions for that are on the 9 Dragons site where you hit Play.