Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would be a better profession?(new gamer)

samanthaxsamanthax Member Posts: 46
Guys, my character is hunter,night elf, lvl 15... what do you think is much preffered profession for my charcter?

Comments

• IchyruIchyru Member Posts: 14
    uhh i suggest skinning and leather working

"~Ichyru~
    ~Hinokana~"

• samanthaxsamanthax Member Posts: 46
    what about if my lvl is 15, what profession may fit, which is easy to earn money?
  • coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    If your on a new server, i know blizz opened 6 new servers in the US last week then take Skinning, Leatherworkers,smiths and engineers need leather.

If your not on a new server then you prob wont make any money on professions, not at LvL 15 anyway.

Also if your not on a new server.. i would wait a week, blizz are to open some new realms in Europe in a few days, then you can start on a fresh server where proffesions will make money, and the game will be better too, more people looking for groups etc. On an old server you'll be playing with player alts not their mains so finding/keeping friends wont be easy.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    I'd recomend skinning/mining for pure money.
    if i want to my profession is engineering..  what is the ability of that profession..
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Personally, the best way to make money starting out is skinning/herbalism...

Engineering sort of stands alone....  you could do mining since it uses lots of metals during your skills ups...but you'll never make money with it... (as i found out on my first character)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• recottonrecotton Member Posts: 5

Skinning is always a money maker.  Even if the auction house is undercut, a stack of rugged leather vendors for 1 gold.  I aggree that it's a good idea to pick up mining or herbalism at first to get your mount money.  If you like crafting, leatherworking will be best for you.  You can make dragonscale armor at higher levels for yourself.  The black dragonscale armor sells great.   If you really want engineering (which I did with my hunter) pick up mining. 

Edit:  tired grammar

i've see thier is a two type of profession.. the primary and the secondary.. what is best to choice a profession in the primary or in secondary??
  • kagedmaniakkagedmaniak Member Posts: 1
    it doesnt matter if you have the same profession like herbalism in primary then skinning in secondary or skinning in primary and herbalism in secondary.
  • kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105
    primarily i would prefer taking skinning and herbalism as profession for easy money making...and less capital for it
  • Shadow_BlazeShadow_Blaze Member Posts: 12
    Personaly I think you should get Herbalism and Alchemy. Becuase a lot of higher level people will buy the potions you make and you can make tons of them, including health potions, which you will probraly need for long battles just incaseyour pet dies...... You can even make a potion that allows you to breath underwater for 30 minutes and a potion that increases your swin speed by 100% for 25 seconds. And a lot of people will buy those potions when they want to go underwater exploring,unless you're an Engineerer who can make breath mask, or a Warlock who gets a spell at level 16 called unending breath. Locks PWN!!!!
  • DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174
    mining/herb for tons of gold
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Mining/Skinning for all your cash needs, the poster above obviously forgot to mention that you can only track one thing at a time, thus rendering 2 gathering skills quite useless unless you wanna smack the track buttons all the time
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174
    yes, its true, only 1 track at the same time

but is not a problem

once u clean the full zone mining, track herbs, clear, track mine

goto 1 :)

is not really annoying imo..

i have 2 chars min/herb 375 ..
  • CroseCrose Member Posts: 209
    Don't roll on a new BC server, they'll all be dead within 4 months!

(I'm assuming this is one of those time travel threads, since people keep responding to it months after the question was asked.)
  • KelpyDudeKelpyDude Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Nadril

I'd recomend skinning/mining for pure money.
    I do that, nice choice.

Everytime i wake up i get around 50g from the AH.