Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VG: WE NEED A SEPARATE 'CURRENT PLAYER' FORUM LIKE SWG HAS

2»

Comments

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by dragonace

Originally posted by Die_Scream

Originally posted by metalcore

Problem is, some people love this game, some hate it, and I mean hate not just critism.

Of course some hate it and some love it

Of course some love it and some hate it ...Like every other game or product ever made. So how are they going toguarentee the people in the "sunshine and lollipops" forum are currently playing? Do you want to give MMORPG your CD Key? Which must be against the game's EULA i'm sure.

So funny the fans keep posting they "can't enjoy or discuss the game" because people with different opinions are allowed their two cents, well, not funny so much as pathetic.

I got news for you, discussion often will involve people with differing view, otherwise its just blind fanbois patting each other on the....back, and posting "QFT", "/agree" and "preach on my Vanguard loving brother of uber E-Peen!11!"

Again, no one forces you to read or respond to posts you disagree with, and trying to silence and/or censor dissenting views probably means your position is to weak to stand up to scrutiny.

In closing, that's a big

/hell no.

Umm.... isn't your whole post kinda contradicted by your last statement?

Why do the "haters" feel threatened by the idea of a separate forum being opened?  After all, it's supposed to be a  forum where "different opinions" are welcomed.  Yet, it's a big "hell no" to someone else's idea?  Just because they happen to like a game you dislike?  Heh, yup no hypocrisy there... nope none whatsoever.

No it isn't. I read his opinion, I disagree and added my 2 cents, its called discussion. I didn't ask that he not be allowed to post the idea, see the difference?

I assume you are labeling me a "hater" because a seperate forum is not only a stupid idea, but would be impossible to enforce player only posting? Lol!

I welcome differing views, and the chance to express my own, unlike you who advocates a place where the only responses will be agreeing with you, that'd be a fun forum.

Good luck with that...really, lol.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Kenze

nah we dont. I think that whole thing is silly. How do we know who is a current player and who isnt. Anyone can say anything. Plus we need to get away from the whole Us and Them mentality if Vanguard is to grow. whatever the reason those that no longer play had valid reason(for them) to quit.
    You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    The question is why do you want to catch flies?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539

Actually, you catch more flies with a big steaming pile of....... you know.
    Hmmmm.....I see some similarities, I think! 
  • dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by dragonace

Originally posted by metalcore

Problem is, some people love this game, some hate it, and I mean hate not just critism.

Of course some hate it and some love it

Of course some love it and some hate it ...Like every other game or product ever made. So how are they going toguarentee the people in the "sunshine and lollipops" forum are currently playing? Do you want to give MMORPG your CD Key? Which must be against the game's EULA i'm sure.

So funny the fans keep posting they "can't enjoy or discuss the game" because people with different opinions are allowed their two cents, well, not funny so much as pathetic.

I got news for you, discussion often will involve people with differing view, otherwise its just blind fanbois patting each other on the....back, and posting "QFT", "/agree" and "preach on my Vanguard loving brother of uber E-Peen!11!"

Again, no one forces you to read or respond to posts you disagree with, and trying to silence and/or censor dissenting views probably means your position is to weak to stand up to scrutiny.

In closing, that's a big

/hell no.

Umm.... isn't your whole post kinda contradicted by your last statement?

Why do the "haters" feel threatened by the idea of a separate forum being opened?  After all, it's supposed to be a  forum where "different opinions" are welcomed.  Yet, it's a big "hell no" to someone else's idea?  Just because they happen to like a game you dislike?  Heh, yup no hypocrisy there... nope none whatsoever.

No it isn't. I read his opinion, I disagree and added my 2 cents, its called discussion. I didn't ask that he not be allowed to post the idea, see the difference?

I assume you are labeling me a "hater" because a seperate forum is not only a stupid idea, but would be impossible to enforce player only posting? Lol!

I welcome differing views, and the chance to express my own, unlike you who advocates a place where the only responses will be agreeing with you, that'd be a fun forum.

Good luck with that...really, lol.

Heh, I think you missed my whole point. 

You went on and on about how if people didn't like something, well then they didn't have to read it or respond to it. 

So then, if the fans of a game want a split forum where they are allowed their "sunshine and lollipops" posts, why does that bother you?  Didn't you state that if you didn't like it, just don't read it or respond to it?  So, why does that threaten you if they have a forum you don't agree with?  Just ignore it, don't read it, don't respond to it.  

See, that was where I was pointing out the contradiction and hypocrisy. 

On the one hand you are telling one side to just ignore the posts and threads they don't agree with, or that are flaming, or that are thread-jacking.  But, on the hand; you are telling the other side that they in no way deserve a forum for their discussion.  That they don't deserve a place where discussion about the current game mechanics, and/or game-play techniques can be discussed without always have to deal with the "Your Game SUX" threads and posts.   Why would such a request be such a terrible thing?  The haters could still post all they wanted in the General Discussion forum.  

I guess to me, it was obvious.

Kinda brings up another question.  Why do some games have just 1 or 2 forums to post in, but others have 5,6, or 7 forums?  Anyone know?