Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One thing I don't like about this game

2»

Comments

• BoudicaBoudica Member Posts: 7

This is pretty much the standard for MMOs these days...

Might as well get use to it..

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235
    Originally posted by Boudica

This is pretty much the standard for MMOs these days...
    Might as well get use to it..

I don't subscribe to this defeatest attitude. If you don't voice your opposition, it will continue. This is the same attitude that allows game developers to keep releasing games before they are ready to launch.

• mcast123mcast123 Member Posts: 15

I agree 100% with the OP. Although it's dissapointing it's not a deal breaker for me. The 12-18 year old market is probably very large for any MMO dev to ignore, they want instant fun while sacrificing immersion. It was things like talking to guards that made you feel more part of the world.

• DubonEngevenDubonEngeven Member Posts: 96
    Best way to do it imo is to be able to ask other NPCs where other NPCs are. for example. In Everquest you can ask one of the guards where certain NPCs are such as a guild leader, ect

• ninjas0nfireninjas0nfire Member Posts: 4
    best way to do it in my opinion is to put an "!" above the npc you need to go to's head. amirite? too bad its not up to us though
  • Yukari_MommaYukari_Momma Member Posts: 50
    I'm not sure I'd care enough to stop playing a game over an NPC showing that it has a quest before I talk to it, but I would kill for an option that doesn't have the "Quest here!" option and does have the "Turn it in here!" option.

I like to think my characters have a better memory than I do.
  • SplatzorSplatzor Member UncommonPosts: 92
        They could always make the quest giver wear a funny 3 pointed hat, or have a sword in thier hand or some such to be different than the rest of the NPC's around it.  Or have the quest giver yell at you as you walk by to get your attention.
  • SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    As was stated earlier, NPCs that have nothing to say are not targetable so why the immersion overkill of unrealistic floating icons?