Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name Your Ship!

MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
I always name my ships before using, it turns them into something more personal. Here are a few of mine...

Osprey 1: Coyote Alpha

Osprey 2: Coyote Beta

Osprey 3: Coyote Delta

Osprey 4: Coyote Eta

Osprey 5: Coyote Gamma

Bardger II: Relic Keeper

Mammoth: Bantha Poo-doo

Bantam: Picker

Condor: Winged

Heron: Avatar

Kestrel: Parsec

Merlin: Magi

Ferox: Frenzied

Drake: Demon of Elru

Raven: Lilia Litvyak

Abaddon: Nameless

Rattlesnake: Ryno

Comments

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Ship Names:

Dark Apostle

Primary - Scorpion

Bada Bang

Bang

Little Bang

Serenity

WTFBBQ!

Veldbane

Scordbane

Thats most of them I'be been keeping my ship to a low amount lately to free up some assets.
  • iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884
    I normally use names from characters from places like weebls-stuff.com. So my ship names are things like "MagicalTrevor" "Scampi" "PIE!" and so on.

-iCeh

• dude990dude990 Member Posts: 60
    I end up calling most of my ships 'The Delphinus'
  • SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

I just nmed my wannabe-vacuumcleaner "Sir Sucks-A-Lot"
    Suits the joy of a tractor beam..

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298
    Astarte: Life Siphon

Megathron: USS Arknor

Rokh: USS Bistot

Thanatos: The Death Maker

Taranis: Wasp

Harpy #1: Hammerhead

Harpy #2: Stingray
  • KhorianKhorian Member Posts: 64
    All hail the gorgeous "Veronica Vanoza" ;P It's a Deimos!
  • jmpreissjmpreiss Member Posts: 49
    I used to name my ships with actual names like "Heretic's Demise" and "Righteous Doom" (yay Amarr :p). As of late though, I tend to just put a ... or --- or something similar to help with the defensive guys doing scans for enemy ships. I do have the Retriever "NO SHOOTY" though. :D
  • RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

This is my small list (since i sold a lot of my ships recently)

-Tempest = NonFactor

- Phoon = Trash Compactor

- Hurricane = Dust Devil

- Cyclone = SS Gimp

- Scythe = Huh?

- Wolf = I want a Jag

- Stilletto = I bring Gifts

- Mammoth = Almost there

• zanglerzangler Member Posts: 11

Hauler=Galaxy Trucking

Salvage ship=Junkyard

Raven=Nevermore

• rebal88rebal88 Member Posts: 98
    Retriever-Eternal Implosion

Covetor-(TBA) still another month
  • AedosenAedosen Member Posts: 234
    I could say my ship names but they wouldn´t mean anything to you guys since I have started naming after characters in Finnish mythology.
  • AZAlex86AZAlex86 Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Merlin -- Gr8rThanGandalf

Cormorant -- The Fapper (cause I *pull* it out when I need to salvage stuff)

Caracal -- My Boomstick

are the ones I can remember off the top of my head...I'll get the rest later
  • MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Aedosen

I could say my ship names but they wouldn´t mean anything to you guys since I have started naming after characters in Finnish mythology.
    Go ahead, we can learn some new stuff with that.

Oh yeah my salvagers,

Cormorant 1: Planetes Alpha

Cormorant 2: Planetes Beta

Cormorant 3: Planetes Delta

Named after the anime Planetes. Is about salvagers in space. A very fitting name for a salvaging ship.

Hey, if your ship has a name with some story behind it, please share it. Would be cool to know.

Named Ospreys Coyotes because I use them when I'm mining alone. In stories, coyotes are always alone. I based it on that.

Demon of Elru comes from the video game Xenogears. The Demon of Elru was the hero, if you can call it that, that helped with the destruction of the Diabolos. The final battle was in and above Elru.

Lilia Litvyak was a Russian pilot and heroine during World War II. She destroyed a high number of German airplanes during it's era. Also is the name of a carrier in the anime Rah-Xephon. The main mobile base of TERRA.

As for Ryno, I got that from a video game called Ratchet and Clank. The ultimate weapon of the game is called a R.Y.N.O., aka Rip You-a-New One.
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    My scorpion is named primary because well I always get called primary, amazingly haven't lost it yet though

there you happy moobkrad
    Originally posted by Nicoli

My scorpion is named primary because well I always get called primary, amazingly have lost it yet though
    You mean, you haven't lost it yet?

I lost some of the frigates and a couple of Ravens, but it was before my break so I don't remember on what number I was. LOL
  • HarutoHaruto Member Posts: 175
    Only ship name I have never changed at all is for my Myrmidon. Hugatron 4000, cause it just looke like its about to give you a nice hug, and then of course drones come and swarm all over you lol.

Eve Online, a world of infinite possibility. Click here for an extended Trial
    Dark-Wind Its War on Wheels!

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158
    my main ones are

drake:The dies irea(latin for day of wrath)

raven: The Absolution

Worm:Purgatory

genius inside insanity

Originally posted by Nicoli

My scorpion is named primary because well I always get called primary, amazingly haven't lost it yet though

there you happy moobkrad
    Very.