Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best solo class?

nexus42nexus42 Member Posts: 288
I might give this game a whirl. Not asking for an indepth response unless you just want to be verbose (which is cool as well). So, based on the latest updates, what class is most solo friendly? Is there a particular server that has less ganking or more mature community? Is the RP server any good?

Thanks in advance.

...Pika

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by nexus42

I might give this game a whirl. Not asking for an indepth response unless you just want to be verbose (which is cool as well). So, based on the latest updates, what class is most solo friendly? Is there a particular server that has less ganking or more mature community? Is the RP server any good?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm sorry to say, I don't think this is the game for you.

This is an open pvp game. The "game" is the interaction between clans and alliances. There is no RP server though people have always considered Lionna as the unofficial RP server.

As for solo classes, Dark elf Wizard going Spellhowler or Phantom Summoner.

Or any of the summoner classes though you have to grind to 40 to become a summoner.

If you are not interested in pvp or mind grind games this game isn't for you. If you don't mind grind games I will tell you this is probably the best one out there. Feels far more polished than any of the other grind games I've tried.

If you are looking for "fun quests" this game is NOT for you. It also has a very hard economy. Don't expect to get what you need from grinding.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • nexus42nexus42 Member Posts: 288
    You could very well be right man, and I appreciate the honesty. Till Conan comes out I'm just looking at all the 14 day trials and MMO-Mooching. The graphics are nice and it's something to do, ya know?

...Pika

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    The phansom summoner is the best solo class imo. Tough as someone already stated this game is mainly about the pvp between clans and alliances.
  • SkollSkoll Member Posts: 442
    Originally posted by nexus42

You could very well be right man, and I appreciate the honesty. Till Conan comes out I'm just looking at all the 14 day trials and MMO-Mooching. The graphics are nice and it's something to do, ya know?
    Unless your willing to get to the max level in this game, its not going to be fun at all. AT ALL. AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. AT ALL. AT ALL. AT ALL. Sorry, had to make myself clear.

The fun part in this game is when the mindless grinding finishes and your at the highest level. You will be killed 5982105713485702357802357 times by high levels while you are grinding. Mature community in this game is non-existant. Its full of kiddies and people who feel the urge to gank and say "l0lz i pwnu liao". They get away with it too, why? because thats their alts. Their main characters are the pimped out ones in huge clans.

In short, dont play this game if you dont enjoy a combination of l33t kiddies, ganking, and lots of grinding.
  • ListofListof Member Posts: 155

Originally posted by Skoll
    You will be killed 5982105713485702357802357 times by high levels while you are grinding. Mature community in this game is non-existant. Its full of kiddies and people who feel the urge to gank and say "l0lz i pwnu liao".

That's funny, because in my 3 years of playing L2, I've never once had someone say "l0lz i pwnu liao" or anything even remotely similar to it. In fact, most players make it a sport to make fun of and torture the handful of retarded kiddies that do act like that.

Since what you are saying is so completely opposite of every experience I've ever had in game, I would guess that you're butthurt 'cuz you suck at pvp and someone killed you. Either that or your only experience playing L2 was in OB when all the freeloaders signed up and went on PK sprees. I mean seriously - if you somehow managed to get yourself randomly PKed more than say, 20 times - ever - then you must suck at pvp or you're just plain stupid.

To the OP - there is not an "RP server". There is an unofficial RP server, but even there the vast majority of players are not role-players. And most of the normal players are sick of the RPers giving the server a 'bad name'. However, it's not like normal players will PK any and every RPer they meet - they usually just ignore them, and vice versa.

Originally posted by Listof

You will be killed 5982105713485702357802357 times by high levels while you are grinding. Mature community in this game is non-existant. Its full of kiddies and people who feel the urge to gank and say "l0lz i pwnu liao".

That's funny, because in my 3 years of playing L2, I've never once had someone say "l0lz i pwnu liao" or anything even remotely similar to it. In fact, most players make it a sport to make fun of and torture the handful of retarded kiddies that do act like that.

Since what you are saying is so completely opposite of every experience I've ever had in game, I would guess that you're butthurt 'cuz you suck at pvp and someone killed you. Either that or your only experience playing L2 was in OB when all the freeloaders signed up and went on PK sprees. I mean seriously - if you somehow managed to get yourself randomly PKed more than say, 20 times - ever - then you must suck at pvp or you're just plain stupid.

I dont even play this game, so keep your painfully moronic attempts at bashing me to yourself.

I was speaking from the private server experience, and what most people say about the game in fan site forums.
  • ListofListof Member Posts: 155

I dont even play this game, so keep your painfully moronic attempts at bashing me to yourself. image
    I was speaking from the private server experience, and what most people say about the game in fan site forums.

You don't even play the game and you feel qualified to tell someone what the retail server community is like?

Wow, you're dumber than I even imagined.

Seriously. Wow.

I never cease to be amazed at the level of stupidity some people will show on forums.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I dont even play this game, so keep your painfully moronic attempts at bashing me to yourself.

If that is the case then the official servers are a lot different than the private servers.

That is not to say that you won't see people who want to kill you as much as possible but I have not seen all that l33t speak on the official servers.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Best solo classes are really any of the DD classes or the summoners. Daggers may have some difficulty soloing at higher levels but Archers, Nukers and Summoners all are great solo characters. It all depends on your play style as to which one will work best for you.

And to the person referring to l33t speak in L2.......it just doesn't happen on the official servers. I have been playing on Bartz since open beta and with the exception of a few of the kiddies that were playing in OB I have never heard l33t speak in this game. If you've never played legally on an official NCSoft server you are not qualified to make any comment on this game especially about the community.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

You don't even play the game and you feel qualified to tell someone what the retail server community is like?

Wow, you're dumber than I even imagined.

Seriously. Wow.

I never cease to be amazed at the level of stupidity some people will show on forums.

I never said it was my opinion, unless you can find an "imo" in my previous posts your comment is invalid.

I stated that i was speaking on behalf of what fan-sites say about the game. Fan sites for L2.

Yes i do feel qualified.

edit: On another note, im surprised how many rage filled bigots, with the urge to belittle people, like you are on this site.

Forunately for me i dont let little things bother me. ^.~
  • trigger190trigger190 Member Posts: 264
    l33t speak? I would be more worried about the asian farmers who go all crazy and spout gibberish stuff like "rang rang pk pk" when you start to invade their little private territories.
  • kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Best solo class ? , well depends on how much time you spent on the game, but imo if you have the buffer accounts a Pole user wouldnt be all bad :)

And why is people forget to mention Destroyer's ? , i know their green and scaly and ugly,  but their mean as hell and sure as hell will take anything out in 3 hits maximum when going into frenzy, and afaik frenzy is on a 3 min cooldown, so lets say you go into frenzy, you pull 5 rooms in a catacomb , thats 40mobs, put on ur pole and in 3 shots you have killed 40 mobs , easy xp :p

Other than that nuker's are the best solo class , nothing beats it , not even Summoners, i mean summoners ? ,tsssss their lousy at anything but Hero competition and daggers ? , their nerfed beyond anything

And also on a sidenote , Gladiators got buffed this chronicle so atm they can dish out a hella' lot of pain, Dark Avengers aint bad at all at PvP / PK'ing people either if you know how to play your class and remember to level up your Dark Panther, then it does 50% of your damage and your ability to chain stun your opponent till he is dead is simply , well yuck i hate it :)
  • qazqaz123qazqaz123 Member Posts: 123

I never said it was my opinion, unless you can find an "imo" in my previous posts your comment is invalid.

I stated that i was speaking on behalf of what fan-sites say about the game. Fan sites for L2.

Yes i do feel qualified.
    What sites is that says ppl is acting like that on the OFFICIAL servers?

Sry sir.. but you do not qualify to speak about a game when you played it illegal only.

You dont know the communities right - you dont know the grind right - basicly you dont know the game at all.. many private servers adjusts too much in everything - drop rate - crafting -  xp rate - extra stuff added to game (buy able MP pots) etc. (you know got mana elixir thou but not spam able), real DMG output (alot of private servers adjusts that too)

back to the op:

Go any ranged class  and the Quests are really boring so if you got 2 accounts by any chance.. a good setup would be:

Archer + Prophet

Nuker (necromancers too) + SE / EE (i prefer SE due to the EMP buff)

Polearm + SE (you can allways use haste2 potions to hit faster)

If you only got one account .. archers after 40 can solo decent with no buffs - you need a good bow thou.

or . A nuker .. they can allways solo o_O you

SE = Shilin Elder (Dark elf)

EE = Elven Elder (Light elf)

On a site note: They made the game alot more solo able with the buff monsters drop now, there is no guarantee that you get the buff you want thou.
    Originally posted by qazqaz123

Yes i do feel qualified.
    What sites is that says ppl is acting like that on the OFFICIAL servers?

Sry sir.. but you do not qualify to speak about a game when you played it illegal only.

You dont know the communities right - you dont know the grind right - basicly you dont know the game at all.. many private servers adjusts too much in everything - drop rate - crafting -  xp rate - extra stuff added to game (buy able MP pots) etc. (you know got mana elixir thou but not spam able), real DMG output (alot of private servers adjusts that too)

http://lineage2.stratics.com/, Almost every thread there has the word "grief, gank, or gold seller". Please stop repeating other people by saying You dont know the communities right - you dont know the grind right - basicly you dont know the game at all , i've already corrected them by saying i was speaking on behalf of what fan sites say, if you cannot comprehend that please kindly stop replying.

The RZ server doesnt change anything, maybe you should check up on servers that emulate L2.

Since L2 is so incredibly easy to hack, the EMU's are 100% like the real server. You are correct, some private servers do change alot of L2, but the RZ one is completely L2-like.

Oh and by the way, "Lineage 2 is a PvP game", looks like im qualified. If i werent then something would have stopped me right? You seem to speak of it as if there were some universal force that would stop me from typing Lineage 2 if i hadnt played it on retail servers.
  • golembanegolembane Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I never really found many issues with gankers, and soloing while I was in L2 for a short stint, but problems came when I did want to party. It was like looking for a group in a graveyard. Just wasn't going to happen. Maybe it was just my luck. I didn't stay around L2 very long so don't know if groups ever really did form much past lvl 27(I thinks thats all i managed to get to solo).
  • qazqaz123qazqaz123 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Skoll http://lineage2.stratics.com/, Almost every thread there has the word "grief, gank, or gold seller". Please stop repeating other people by saying You dont know the communities right - you dont know the grind right - basicly you dont know the game at all , i've already corrected them by saying i was speaking on behalf of what fan sites say, if you cannot comprehend that please kindly stop replying.

The RZ server doesnt change anything, maybe you should check up on servers that emulate L2.

Since L2 is so incredibly easy to hack, the EMU's are 100% like the real server. You are correct, some private servers do change alot of L2, but the RZ one is completely L2-like.

Oh and by the way, "Lineage 2 is a PvP game", looks like im qualified. If i werent then something would have stopped me right? You seem to speak of it as if there were some universal force that would stop me from typing Lineage 2 if i hadnt played it on retail servers.
    i didnt make my self clear?

first off.. the official board is in no way indicateing much.. its hard sencored but when it comes to gold farmers your sadly RIGHT !

however.. if you havnt played retail version and you just read boards about ganking.. bla bla bla..

Mby those ppl deserved it?

most of em is.. im lvl30 i can handle everything.. and then they get killed by a lvl 80 ! a few seconds after they feel offended cuz of their own stupidiness..

As allways dont forget.. most ppl dont log on forums to complain about GOOD STUFF and why would they ? .. Good stuff such as drops, relationships. etc. dosnt go on those forums...

However.. everyone should know that L2 is a PVP game.. and therefore you can find alot of good PVP videos..

And its not about hacking server software.. its about differnet communities.. they are TOTALY different.. and i havnt yet met one on retail that dosnt agree on that..

Again that counts you out!
    Originally posted by qazqaz123

Originally posted by Skoll http://lineage2.stratics.com/, Almost every thread there has the word "grief, gank, or gold seller". Please stop repeating other people by saying You dont know the communities right - you dont know the grind right - basicly you dont know the game at all , i've already corrected them by saying i was speaking on behalf of what fan sites say, if you cannot comprehend that please kindly stop replying.

i didnt make my self clear?

first off.. the official board is in no way indicateing much.. its hard sencored but when it comes to gold farmers your sadly RIGHT !

however.. if you havnt played retail version and you just read boards about ganking.. bla bla bla..

Mby those ppl deserved it?

most of em is.. im lvl30 i can handle everything.. and then they get killed by a lvl 80 ! a few seconds after they feel offended cuz of their own stupidiness..

As allways dont forget.. most ppl dont log on forums to complain about GOOD STUFF and why would they ? .. Good stuff such as drops, relationships. etc. dosnt go on those forums...

However.. everyone should know that L2 is a PVP game.. and therefore you can find alot of good PVP videos..

And its not about hacking server software.. its about differnet communities.. they are TOTALY different.. and i havnt yet met one on retail that dosnt agree on that..

Again that counts you out! I cant see why people who are grinding are deserving of a gank. Also, please improve your grammar and what you mean. I cant understand you.

So...random.

Just because thats the only thing the complain about doesnt mean that they are non-existant.

I dont know if you read my post clearly, so ill simplify my "hack" comment; What i meant was L2 is an easy to hack game, therefore the private server community got 100% of the game. The server i play on emulates L2 perfectly, down to the last npc script.

Now look at your reply to the "hack" comment; what are you talking about, man?
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Skoll.........you're a troll pure and simple. You've hijacked this tread with a bunch of arguments that have nothing to do with what information the OP was requesting. This is a thread about what classes are easiest to solo in case you missed it and unless you have some relevant information to add I would say your through. If all you want to do is troll why don't you go back to the Stratics.com forums and troll there as you seem to like them better anyways.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

I cant see why people who are grinding are deserving of a gank. Also, please improve your grammar and what you mean. I cant understand you.

So now your trolling on his grammar ?, you went off topic a long time ago in this thread, stay on topic or don't comment at all and don't go personal on people, they might be dyslexic...
    Originally posted by kwai

I cant see why people who are grinding are deserving of a gank. Also, please improve your grammar and what you mean. I cant understand you.

So now your trolling on his grammar ?, you went off topic a long time ago in this thread, stay on topic or don't comment at all and don't go personal on people, they might be dyslexic... I didnt understand part of his comment, so i told him to organize it better. Thats trolling? Roflmao. If  you dont have anything better than to repeat the poster before you, please dont post at all.

Originally posted by Brenelael

Skoll.........you're a troll pure and simple. You've hijacked this tread with a bunch of arguments that have nothing to do with what information the OP was requesting. This is a thread about what classes are easiest to solo in case you missed it and unless you have some relevant information to add I would say your through. If all you want to do is troll why don't you go back to the Stratics.com forums and troll there as you seem to like them better anyways.

Bren
    Damn, ive been caught! Im going to go hijack another thread. On another note, i dont have a stratics account. After all, why would i have an account for a fan site of a game i dont play?

So now your trolling on his grammar ?, you went off topic a long time ago in this thread, stay on topic or don't comment at all and don't go personal on people, they might be dyslexic... I didnt understand part of his comment, so i told him to organize it better. Thats trolling? Roflmao. If  you dont have anything better than to repeat the poster before you, please dont post at all.

Uhm but you are trolling this topic , you still havent stayed on topic yet so i only got the same answer for you as you gave him, dont post at all if you aint staying on topic

Uhm but you are trolling this topic , you still havent stayed on topic yet so i only got the same answer for you as you gave him, dont post at all if you aint staying on topic Whats the point in giving the same answer twice?
  • MadodeMadode Member Posts: 58

As a new player (nice that someone playing 2 months is still new) I have to agree with an earlier poster.  I see most players as being extremely helpful in game.  There are a lot of normal, friendly, people looking to have fun.  Sure some people gain enjoyment from PvP where the outcome isn't unknown.  I think every game has that.

But overall, you're sure to find more friendly (at lower levels) players than not.  L2 is like life.  You don't burn your bridges early on.  Someday you may need to cross them again.  In L2, don't gank the lowbie next to you.  That's probably their 5th character and you would have just pee'd on the shoe of the largest clan's leader.  Man I'm way off track.

In the end, the game is fun.  It's tough with the grind, but that goes by fast if you find a group/clan of like minded individuals.

Mado

Originally posted by Madode

As a new player (nice that someone playing 2 months is still new) I have to agree with an earlier poster.  I see most players as being extremely helpful in game.  There are a lot of normal, friendly, people looking to have fun.  Sure some people gain enjoyment from PvP where the outcome isn't unknown.  I think every game has that.
    But overall, you're sure to find more friendly (at lower levels) players than not.  L2 is like life.  You don't burn your bridges early on.  Someday you may need to cross them again.  In L2, don't gank the lowbie next to you.  That's probably their 5th character and you would have just pee'd on the shoe of the largest clan's leader.  Man I'm way off track.
    In the end, the game is fun.  It's tough with the grind, but that goes by fast if you find a group/clan of like minded individuals.
    Mado
    I'd have to agree with everything there, be carefull of who you tick off in a game, but people in lineage 2 , high lvl'd ones dont usually have more than 1 character, they just have sub characters, since you can have 3 lvl 80 characters in the same person, but 3 different classes, but yea not everyone makes it to  75 fast or is even bothered enough to play a class for the long , my self, well i have a 70 Spellhowler, 63 Warlord now which i enjoy the most, okay maybe warlords can't pvp/pk a whole lot since their a pole user, but i enjoy lvling up characters :) , my Warlord power lvl'd a prophet to 52 in less than 1 week, from lvl 1 - 52 that is.