Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Comments

• zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220
    Celebration IV is the answer.

24th - 27th May.
  • RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396
    We already have a star wars MMO though.  I wouldnt play any of them unless they were free, but Jade is already masked by 9Dragons and the like.

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

The need for a healed conclusion to K2 is a physical drag on my soul. Though I'd be just as happy if they made a single player RPG.

• KryogenicKryogenic Member Posts: 663

I vote KotoR.

I loved old school SWG and if they developed a d20 based MMO or a skill based MMO set in the KotoR timeline I'd cream my pants and play that game every day.

BUT,

I have a feeling that they are going all the way with this Mass Effect thing. I also have a feeling that Mass Effect isn't going to be all it's cracked up to be.

I think Mass Effect will be KotoR without Jedi or the d20 system. Granted, I'm sure the story will be great, but the game is obviously very long, and the combat doesn't look like the fun factor will carry you through.

Also, I read that midway through you can upgrade your character's class to something else just like in KotoR.

They also release a Mass Effect book.

So as much as I'd love to see a new Star Wars MMO set in any time period other than the movie time periods, i.e. Yuzang Vong Era or Old Republic...

I just don't think it's going to happen. I think Bioware is throwing all their effort into backing the Mass Effect IP. I hope I'm wrong and they are developing a Star Wars MMO.

I wish someone, anyone would develop a new Star Wars MMO. Let me rephrase: Anyone that has nothing to do with SOE. Everything SOE touches turns to crap. Smedley is like bizarro Midas. lol Smedley has a doo doo finger.

fantasy mmos really really making me sick

so much of them.

if it will not be SW, at least a sci-fic is my choice.

but i still believe a SW MMO with all my heart
  • tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    mass effect definetly.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• terrorantulaterrorantula Member Posts: 174

Aslong as its Sci fi tbh :P KOTOR or Mass Effect......

I'd rather Mass effect due to it not being a Lucas Arts iP and then all the content wont have to go through Lucas Arts slowing it down.

• RevMrBlackRevMrBlack Member Posts: 51

I'm pretty sure Bioware will develop their own IP for this. They did KOTOR, then handed the 2nd to Obsidan. Same with NWN. I've read an interview with a Bioware guy, and he said they've been shifting their focus to their own IPs, as it's more profitable. No need to pay royalties to the owner of the IP. It also makes it easier to develop the game they way /they want/, and not have to bow down to someone else.

I could be wrong, but if I am, I highly doubt that it would be either a Baldur's Gate or KOTOR MMO. We still have SWG and DDO kicking around. No one is going to license the rights to make a MMO that will compete with another of the same IP. Same reason Blizzard won't make a Starcraft MMO. Why compete with themselves (WoW)?

Also, considering that Bioware is using the Hero Engine, and the talk one of their designers had at the GDC, it sounds like they will be making another standard fantasy MMO.

Here's a link to the article: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10807

From the looks of it, Bioware is going to make another class/level based, combat focused MMO. It doesn't get me excited at all. I'm hoping that I'm wrong, and they somehow make it awesome and unique. But I doubt that's possible. Fantasy is sooooo overdone.

Sigh ....

Playing - Waiting on GW2
    Formerly played - Aion, CO, CoX, EVE, GW1, LotRO, RIFT, Ryzom, SWG, SWTOR, WAR, WoW
    Trialed - AA, DDO, EQ2, L2, MxO, RYL, TERA, VSoH
    Beta'd - HGL, GW2, PotBS, SWTOR, TCoS, TR
    Anticipating - GW2, PS2

• SeptopusSeptopus Member Posts: 101
    Bring up the target of argument earlier in this topic: what about the new IP licensing person? Does this actually mean anything or are we all just being hopeful?

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Septopus

Bring up the target of argument earlier in this topic: what about the new IP licensing person? Does this actually mean anything or are we all just being hopeful?
    It means that the IP will not be a Bioware original. Many people are ignoring this little fact.
    Originally posted by darquenblade

It means that the IP will not be a Bioware original. Many people are ignoring this little fact.

are we sure about this? I mean,

for example other MMOs with the IP not belong to the Developer, have this job?can we investigate this? for examlple SOE who develops SWG (an outside IP) have this person? , Wow (its is an original IP) supposed to be Not have this job right?

i will look around and try to make a list about this...i want to explain what excatly this person(licensor liason) doing in a mmo company..
    Originally posted by tvalentine

mass effect definetly.
    maybe, if its not a SW title, i prefer mass effect instead of any fantasy title
  • defenestratedefenestrate Member CommonPosts: 578
    Please dont let it be kotor!
  • uncusuncus Member UncommonPosts: 528

My money's on it being Jade Empire...

I WANT it to be d20 Modern, or even better, RPG Shadowrun!!! <not the FPS Shadowrun currently being produced/out?>

Definitely agree - need a sci-fi/futuristic/ no f-in elves game

Originally posted by zaykodroid

for example other MMOs with the IP not belong to the Developer, have this job?can we investigate this? for examlple SOE who develops SWG (an outside IP) have this person? , Wow (its is an original IP) supposed to be Not have this job right?

i will look around and try to make a list about this...i want to explain what excatly this person(licensor liason) doing in a mmo company.. To be honest, the job description sounds very cut and dried. The job description makes it very clear what the position entails.

In my opinion, you would have to be a very hopeful person not to believe this has anything to do with an outside IP, instead of the other way around.

This is coming from someone who in all honesty wishes Bioware would do something completely original with their MMO IP.

i will look around and try to make a list about this...i want to explain what excatly this person(licensor liason) doing in a mmo company.. To be honest, the job description sounds very cut and dried. The job description makes it very clear what the position entails.

In my opinion, you would have to be a very hopeful person not to believe this has anything to do with an outside IP, instead of the other way around.

This is coming from someone who in all honesty wishes Bioware would do something completely original with their MMO IP.

Can you show us same of this job at other game developers which uses outside IP?

Can you show us same of this job at other game developers which uses outside IP?
    No, I can't. Companies don't just have a publicly available list of every position within the company.

But really now--you know damn well what that job description means, as does everyone else that looks at it. It takes some serious bending and twisting of the terminology to make it into anything else.

If Bioware's MMO is NOT based on an outside licensed property, I will be completely and utterly shocked.

No, I can't. Companies don't just have a publicly available list of every position within the company.

But really now--you know damn well what that job description means, as does everyone else that looks at it. It takes some serious bending and twisting of the terminology to make it into anything else.

If Bioware's MMO is NOT based on an outside licensed property, I will be completely and utterly shocked. I want it so so so MUCH man i want it to be an outside IP i want it to be Star Wars TITLE !

just want to be sure, because of that i asked you this...

come on C IV, like about 2 days later........... we 've waiting so much..

If Bioware's MMO is NOT based on an outside licensed property, I will be completely and utterly shocked. I want it so so so MUCH man i want it to be an outside IP i want it to be Star Wars TITLE !

just want to be sure, because of that i asked you this...

come on C IV, like about 2 days later........... we 've waiting so much.. Hey, I just thought I'd point this out to you:

If you go to www.starwars.com and look at the Celebration IV event schedule, it looks as if nothing really starts happening until the 25th (Friday), even though Celebration supposedly starts on the 24th (Thursday). Nothing seems planned for the 24th.
    i have no patience.....
    It probably doesn't need to be said, but you also better prepare yourself for NO ANNOUNCEMENT WHATSOEVER in the next few days.

That's also a possibility, you know.

yes i know..

i was waiting for Potbs but they delayed it too........oh GOD!
  • SeptopusSeptopus Member Posts: 101
    I think that whatever IP Bioware uses is going to surprise us. No Star Wars, no dnd, something cool and unique. Just started thinking that that would be more their thing (i think?)

• thamatharthamathar Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Hey why i cant vote ? :P

Since i can vote i will state what i would like to be, KOTOR FTW , because im an Fan of SW since im 7 years old, i have 24, and im an fan of BioWare too ( i bougth an Xbox 360 just to play Mass Effect ) and we need a good MMO of SW not the crapy NGE think we have from SOE.
    Originally posted by thamathar

Hey why i cant vote ? :P

Since i can vote i will state what i would like to be, KOTOR FTW , because im an Fan of SW since im 7 years old, i have 24, and im an fan of BioWare too ( i bougth an Xbox 360 just to play Mass Effect ) and we need a good MMO of SW not the crapy NGE think we have from SOE.
    same here
This discussion has been closed.