Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Opinion of this Game

MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

I was intrigued by an advert proclaiming that this game had over 70 million subscribers worldwide.  I thought that WoW, with its 8.5 million was the largest MMORPG.  So, seeing as it was free to play, I have just began to download this game.

I was wondering what your opinions were of it.  Is it your typical grind-fest, along the lines of FFXI and Lineage 2, or is it more like EQ2 and WoW?  What is the community like?  And any tips for a beginning player would be appreciated.  Especially if anyone can tell me if there is a solo-able class, as a lot of my MMO time is spent solo-ing.

Comments

• PippinskiPippinski Member Posts: 1
    This game is a let down for me. I'm kinda surprised it's even as popular as it is. It is made by the same people who did Hero Online, which is obvious, as this game is so much like it. In fact from what I've seen, you can do less in this game than in Hero.

In Hero you can catch pets in SOF you can only pay money for them or pay tons of gold in game to buy them off another player. In Hero you can have a melee weapon and a ranged weapon and quickly switch between them in battle. Not in SOF. The graphics are all the same between both games except that SOF is more cartoony.

But enough comparing the games. I don't like SOF because it is loaded with bugs. I run into bugs all over right from the get-go when i load up the login screen. The game is also very laggy, and I note that if my connection was the cause of that than that sucks because i tried playing on every server available to me and all where laggy. Not all the time, if I was all alone in some area far away from town i was fine. But whenever you run towards an area with people in it it gets laggy.

Lots of bugs, lots of lag, lots of botters and ks'ers, and lots of nothing but grinding. Thats what this game is. If you can deal with that you will probably like it.
  • ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138

You'll have to remember Pip, all those 70 million? Most of those are probably 1 time accounts, people who played one day and quit, trial files, or gold farmers and bots. In reality, there are probably nowhere near 70million.

• celest86celest86 Member Posts: 24
    True..true,.. 70millions players is just a scam to attract players. The servers are not even near totally full. You may get 70mil if you sum up the ban accounts, one day quits, korean SOF players.......
  • MogruneMogrune Member Posts: 9

This game in general isn't too bad for the basic mmorpg player. The game itself is simple and easy to play. The only problems I've seen while playing it are the bots, hackers, and attacking bugs. The bots all have weird names that are totally random with numbers or letters, the hackers have 3 or 4 characters on at the same time (which in turn makes them all move in the exact same place and attack at the exact same time) and that damn attacking bug that sometimes makes it impossible to intialize an attack on an enemy while it pummels away at you.... these problems need to be fixed, and they need to make the pets and other things more available. I haven't played Hero yet, but if someone is looking for a noncomplicated and simple mmorpg, this game isn't too bad at all. In fact, this game might be able to bring more people into this gaming genre. That is, if they fix their servers and bugs.

I play this game a bit every week so if you have any questions or comments towards what I've said, send me a message and we can discuss whatever it is that you would like.

• GabrielkflGabrielkfl Member Posts: 4

WTH?

Firstly, Scions of Fate HAS many more players than most MMOs. Yes, there ARE many trial users, BUT, other games have too.

Second, you may think scions is a bad game, but it's just because it doesn't have enoght maps, quests and other similar things. This is JUST because the game is new, it was a BETA untill a few days ago.

Third, the game servers are not full only because they are much more powerfull than other game servers, so, we don't need 100 channels and 50 worlds.

Fourth, I haven't seen a single hacker in the whole game. Let's face the facts, games like MapleStory and Flyff are FULL of hackers. We can't get to a training area and avoid them, it's annoying.

For all that reasons, I AM a Scions player.

Gabrielkfl

User: KaoroTsuki
    Game: Scions of Fate

User: Kedrak
    Game: MapleStory

• MogruneMogrune Member Posts: 9

If you are a Scions player, then you'll agree that it has good qualities. The game is fun, but there are hackers/bots all over that game.  And since the game just came out of beta, it's expected. They need to know the problems before they can fix them. The bots and hacks should eventually be fixed, and I'm almost certain that they'll update the game and get more quests. As for the people dissing this game, they have the right to say whatever they want about it. That's why this is a forum. If someone says something, let them say it because it's what they have experienced with the game. We all know that everyone's experience in a game is different just because of the way they view it. If they say something that you disagree with,  get over it. I support this game just as much as you do, but I also let people speak their thoughts about it so I can understand how this game is experienced by other people. It helps you broaden your own thoughts and learn more about the people who play it.

If you want to hang on Scions with me, look me up @ Mogrune. I'm usually hanging out in World 3.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    im a bit late for this topic but until when i became member here ididnt know this game and i can say it ROCKS .i mena its hentai-manga style anime cartoon but the game is on pars with WOW for my part ,i wont resubscribe to wow in 2 month this is as cool.lot of info for a trranslated game too so join in its start to shine at lvl 35 i heard so i cant say but i am at 18 and this is fun simple to learn like gw but fun like wow for me cya.YAHAAA.
  • Matthew_15Matthew_15 Member Posts: 1
    i must agree that scions of fate is one of the best games i have ever played, its graphics are quite good for the file size download of the client, i'm a healer and i think that it is one of the better classes.

please comment

what are you??
    scionsoffate.com

• AzureneAzurene Member Posts: 50
    The Games not bad, but i couldn't drive myself to continue to play it. It was to heavily team oriented. My blade couldn't go solo unless i bought something from there premium shop . There pet system is a bummer at least in the early lvls he ( my tiger) was more of a burden than a help. It was alright but i just couldnt play it and quite at about lvl 34, so i can't really speak for the higher lvls.

F

• ergeerge Member Posts: 16
    The quality of the game is good and there are no lags. But I can't say the same about the community because nearly noone understands me  and when a mob drop something good all people around me come to get it...
  • LainLain Member Posts: 52
    Well.. just notice the signature of the kind of players that say Scions of Fate is a great game.. yeah.. you'll notice they basicly mention only Free2Play games character names.. you can't expect that someone which basicly only plays Free2Play games to understand what SHOULD be expected from a MMO and from there, make a valid opinion. Their opinion will always be the same.. the game is good..

MMOs based on fees are expected to have a quality control, constant content update, hack/bot preventions, good support teams and good servers..

Free2Play MMO are expected simply to be.. amusing.

What is Scions of Fate? It has no role play, the english is engRish, they didnt even bothered themselfs to pay some company to translate the game properly, the community is full of bots and all the kind of people that is expected to play a Free2Play game.. yes.. annoying brats! The game is full of bugs and it's basicly a slash and kill game..

Also.. it's a Free2Play game but it has a Item Shop. Ok, say the usual.. "You don't need to buy any items to enjoy the game!".. I dont? I cant even have a freaking pet without spending $22 minimum.. at lv21 the game is freaking hard to level.. yes, all games are hard to level.. but try leveling on a game in which you do nothing BUT.. slashing countless monsters for a pity experience that in the end.. will just give you a miserable increase on the stats that wont do that much a difference.. maybe some 4 or 5 levels ahead you'll notice it..

Scions of Fate is a Free2Play game that is built to make you NEED to buy something, even if only once or twice.. goddamn! It's money you are spending! And in the end this Free2Play game doesn't has to offer you a good support service stating that it is a free game and you dont pay fees.. ok, true.. but you will end up spending a reasonable ammount of money on the Item Shop that in the end will be the same thing as if you had payed a monthly fee.

This kind of "scheme" is starting to be used on many Free2Play games..

Scions of Fate is good.. if you think doing nothing much other then killing monsters, get pissed with the bots and the kids that pass the time KSing your targets.. then.. yes..

SCIONS OF FATE IS YOUR GAME! AND PLEASE! STAY ON IT!
  • markaudettemarkaudette Member UncommonPosts: 49

If the review of this game is correct and many players are so vile and so low as to stand on top of the drops so you can't claim them, then those players deserve their place in the lowest level of hell.

• PkidPkid Member Posts: 2
    My opinion of this game: THIS GAME SUCKS

Ive played many a free-to-play MMORPG like Flyff, Maple Story, Oz World, RAN Online, GHOST Online, Legend of Aries, Pirate King Online and such. Most of wich get boring after a couple days or weeks of play. (Excluding Maple and Flyff wich are actually ok, sorta)

And not yet have I found a game as boring and pointless as this game. Well

maybe Legend of Aries. Yea they are about equal. Nothing but hours and hours of grinding and grinding. With little other things to do in the game. It gets boring and fast.

I uninstalled this game shortly after I started. I had such high hopes this game would be fun long even before it went live. One of the biggest letdowns ever.

Now I laugh every time I see one of this games many flashy yet deceptive ad's on the internet, at its pathetic lengths they go through to get you to play this crappy game.

• AzureneAzurene Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Gabrielkfl

WTH?
    Firstly, Scions of Fate HAS many more players than most MMOs. Yes, there ARE many trial users, BUT, other games have too.
    Second, you may think scions is a bad game, but it's just because it doesn't have enoght maps, quests and other similar things. This is JUST because the game is new, it was a BETA untill a few days ago.
    Third, the game servers are not full only because they are much more powerfull than other game servers, so, we don't need 100 channels and 50 worlds.
    Fourth, I haven't seen a single hacker in the whole game. Let's face the facts, games like MapleStory and Flyff are FULL of hackers. We can't get to a training area and avoid them, it's annoying.

For all that reasons, I AM a Scions player.
    Gabrielkfl
    Wow, You haven't seen a single hacker in the game. All I have to say to that is be patient, and when you spend more than an hour in the game you'll start seeing all the amazing bots and so on.

F

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471
    this is a great game once u get to choose order or Chaos....u get ur own cities for each one own skills armour weapons everything....action is good....they keep events goin.....ull get passed the grind....great graphix....great community...i give this game 9/10 cuz the grind broght it down....try this gam if ur new to MMORPG's

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• DemonZabuzaDemonZabuza Member Posts: 71

I think its a great game ^.^

Although it is kinda easy I made a character and 2 days later I was level 23 with over 5mil.

There is a hacker and noob problem, but it can be avoided or ingored.

I surprised how at how easy it is to make money in this game.

Overall I rate 8.5/10

• deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112
    This game is HORRIBLE, far to basic, no real choices in what you do. So far to date i've only seen three free to play games so far and thats last chaos, maplestory, and flyff. This game is only good if you are a complete noob and really suck at mmorpg games or your not a hardcore gamer. This game seems like it was only made to attract young kids, or rookie occasional gamers, nothing more. Overall this game has no challenge to it and its just a point and click  bore-fest  . Oh and by the way this game came out in beta in the USA not to long ago NOT korea, honestly with all the time this game has been open in korea you would think they would add more stuff and make it not so basic. Plain and simple this game has good advertiseing which attracts a ton of one time users, bots, ect. which in turn allows them to say there is so many players which in all honesty there is NO WHERE near as many players as stated in their advertisements. Pure and simple this game BLOWS and BLOWS BIG TIME.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• ChanZhouChanZhou Member Posts: 39
    It has a nice story but it doesnt make it a totally funny game. They should have added some more action in game. Except the war between chaos and order there must be some more events. I dont like PvE based mmos. Kinda nice graphics but the game gets a 7.2 from me ^^ 

• DemonZabuzaDemonZabuza Member Posts: 71

Ok I change my vote down to 8 -.-

I lost 2.6mil in failed enhancement

• NatSukiSamaNatSukiSama Member Posts: 2

I played for a while and got bored fast. Shame i was waiting for this game to come out for while.

Now when i finaly want to get it off my drive a month later the stupid thing dont want to go

Its been uninstalling for more then a hour now i dont remember it taking that long to install it

The graphics were good and i didnt mind the quests at all except some i couldnt do solo very well.

• lol its an alright game all tho i like heroonline better witch is kinda like this game