Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More detail for new recruit?

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
ok ive been reading some of the other topics of new player have questions type....

but some of the answers have not been deep enough for my taste and i would like a tad more details if possible.

PVP

you guys keep saying its different from any other MMO, its more fun,  but my question is what does it consits

i read from a post that its battle grounds and from another post if you dont want to pvp stay away from the action....... those kind of contradict...

so how does pvp work in the game? is it open pvp in some areas? is it open pvp everywhere exept towns? if i am a level 3 character can i be an idiot and attack a max lvl wizard anywhere for no reason at all?

Travel

simple... how do you travel? mounts is a given due to the screenies but long distances?

world

How big is it? you can compare it to SWG WoW GW Ryzom AO Lineage 2 (i like big worlds)

PvE

grind, is it mindless grind or mindless quests either way its a grind... (but i dont really care much about this aspect)

Interaction

SWG-PreCU you needed others to survive, armoursmith weaponsmith doctors

GuildWars you need monks tanks and casters in preaty much every party

how is the interaction and dependency of players? (P.S. i hate single player MMORPGs ex: WoW) WoW is a single player giame till you reach high lvl ... no thanks

Party

like i said i dont like single player MMOG

Crafting

is it raid uberloot? or craftable items, or totaly unrealistic (a baby spider droping a rifle 2x its size for loot)

some details in crafting and the mechanics would be apreciated

oh and storage and/or housing

that is a crucial point in my decision but im just curious (actually i dont even care about this aspect) hell an realistic size inventory is all i have i would not care less

for some reason the 14 day trial is not working for me

and you guys said that 14 days is not enough to try out the game full out.

Would you recomend it for a

Pre-Cu SWG vet (stoped when NGE came out)

EVE player (stoped after 1 year... got to demanding for the time i could spare)

UO vet (Still play)

GW vet (still play)

Comments

• RavkeenRavkeen Member UncommonPosts: 310

I will try to answer as many of your questions as I can for you about the game.

There are 4 types of servers or clusters

PVP Cluster- Where you can fight anyone anywhere expect safe areas.

Normal Clusters- Where there are PVP area for you to fight from lvl 1- 4 / 5 - 10 / 11- 14 / 15 - 19 / 20 - 24 / 25 - 29 / 30 - 34 / 35 - 39 / 40- 44 / 45 -49 the areas are called the Battle Ground.  Then you have a PVP area which is for Lvl 50's but anyone any level can enter this area which is called New Frontiers. The Normal Server also have TOA ( Trials of Atlantis) which give you more better armor more areas to explore and it also give you Master Levels more abilities for you character to use and you can make buffbots if you want that can give you buffs to fight in those areas.

Classic Clusters- Have the same PVP areas as the Normal Server but you can't have a buff bot and there is no TOA.

Co OP Cluster- Where there is no PVP you have all the same areas as the Normal Cluster but there is no battle grounds.

The Travel System in the game there are teleports almost everywhere now in the game but you can still buy horse ticket to take a horse to a location or you can run there or you can use your player bought mount to ride there.

The World is very big I can't really compare it to no other game because with every expansion that came out there is a new area to explore There are 3 realms in the game Albion, Midgard, and Hibernia each world is different than the other.

The PVE it can be either mindless grind or mindless quest it’s your choice but me I hate doing either if I'm not killing someone that is a real player I'm not having fun. But the quest base some do give good xp I found out that the Commanders Quest give very good exp and there very easy.

Interaction You really don't need other people to survive but on some quest you do need people help and in PVP you might need a group on certain classes But I would call this a single player game you have a choice if you want it to be or not. But Mythic has made the game alot easier where alot of things can be done with just 8 people.

Crafting is very easy system where you buy items from a merchant make the item and go up in crafting skill when you make the item but when you get to a very high lvl there are some items that you need a drop from a monster to make that item. The type of crafting skills in the game is Alchemy, Spellcrafting, Armorcraft, Tailor, Weaponcrafting, and Fletcher. There is also a crafting skill for SeigeCraft to make rams, trebs and to drop them.

Storage and Housing

You have limited storage on you character and you also have a weight limit that if you go over you will move slow but in certain area you have a personal vault keeper that can also hold items for you free of charge and your mount can also hold items for you. The housing area is where you can store items and sell items or  just decorate a house how you want it. You would first have to purchase land then a house and so on. There is also a weekly rent payment that you have to keep up with.

If you are having problems with the 14 day trial I would say contact mythic tech support and they could tell you how to get it to work sometimes it take them up to a 1-2 days to response back to you. 

I hope that was enough info for you if you need more I will try to add more.  peace

Hi I'm Ravkeen! image

Emilia_Emi Lvl 56 Witch
    Now Playing : Black Desert Online
    "America is not at war, the US Military is at war, America is at the mall."

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    thanks it helps a bit

so basically its something near WoW (which im trying to stay away from) exept for the pvp... (which i like what you told me about it)

do they sell a base+ expansion pack or am i expected to pay  30$ + for each

• RavkeenRavkeen Member UncommonPosts: 310
    They have a epic expansion pack which has the game and all the expansion for like 30$ I think but this game is no way no how like WOW I played WOW and got sick of it within a week. Didn't meet my standards.

Hi I'm Ravkeen! image

Emilia_Emi Lvl 56 Witch
    Now Playing : Black Desert Online
    "America is not at war, the US Military is at war, America is at the mall."

• biggdoggidbiggdoggid Member Posts: 18
    If anything, WoW is like this game...

DaoC came out 3 years before Wow.

The PvP is unrivaled because of the 3 way dance.  There is always the element of surprise that when you are roughing someone up that the 3rd faction could come in and blindside you.  That's what makes the pvp so fun. When you play wow, you know who you are fighting and where they are once you start, in Dark Age, you could be fighting Albs, and just as you are about to polish them off WHAM! here comes a group of middies from your blindside to rock your world.

That and the Ownership principle of relics.

Back in the day I was in a fight for a relic in midgard...

we had over 2000 people from each realm show up to brawl for it all and crashed the server, but let me tell you, I was hooked right there, because it Meant something to capture a relic.
  • JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    Most of this has been covered so I will add only a little.  For the most part you do not NEED other people like in SWG (that is why I left SWG).  You can level any class solo is a short amount of time.  The best quests are solo.  With this next patch, almost all PvE raid content will be removed.  There will be one left in the ToA expansion areas (you need 2 groups), epic dungeon, and then the dragon.  Harder content will go back to being grouped based.  So the higher level Champion quests you will need a group, and all of the ToA encounters will need some type of group.  Unless you are a stealth class, you will want to be in some group for RvR.