Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For people thinking of the playing...

maggotANUBISmaggotANUBIS Member Posts: 76
This is just me saying a few things about the game...

It's a grind fest, but you do cool moves and get skills to make it less repetative...

It is a mindless game

Soon it will be filled with numerous bots....

Servers are already starting to get full

Good community

Quests are very short and usually really easy

Easy to start using

These are just a few things ive noticed about the game in my few months of palying

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    lol no you are right .the game is nice and one thing that go for it at least for now its not boted to death like silkroad .one question is it possible for a bot or however those work to ask for a group and just tag along and kill stuff,cause in silkroad i had had that impression.
  • VicatinVicatin Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Yea, id definitely a fun free mmo.  If you are bored with other mmo's and tired of paying for beta's *cough* vanguard *cough* this game might be up ur alley.

No bots so far which is nice, but im sure its only a matter of time...until then, ill enjoy working my character up.  Cool looking moves, gear, ect.
  • davmordavmor Member Posts: 5
    The game is quite involving up until around level 45 when it becomes an intolerable grindfest. The quests are really errands an example of which one of the higher level quests (when you are dying to break the monotony!) is to go up a flight of stair to make someone leave town. You tell him to go he says OK and thats it till you reach the next level in a couple of days time!

The quests should really be called errands as you have to do exactly what your told. The game has some real potential but lots of people are leaving because of the grind, a hard core player can easily hit the grinding within two - three days.

Watch out though as with all betas there are promises of great things to come!
  • JadarJadar Member Posts: 300

I'd have to agree with the above post. My main is RC5 and the game has turned into a job. Worse than a job - I'm not getting paid. Before this there were enough quests, skill acquisitions and clan interaction to make the game interesting, but now it's just endless repetition. The real problem's that I don' know why I should keep at it. What's the reward?

• ivam24ivam24 Member Posts: 39
    i agree with them all....
  • SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Well was playing 9Dragons for a while.

If you kill the orange ones all the way up you get better loot and faster levels.If you get the skills and buffs trained with a manual to above level 8 after reaching a new level then you may try some red ones too , Red ones give very good loot. If you want to just go on killing whites and greens then i think it will look very grinding indeed.Its a difficult game as you start and then you level up and then you can well become a toon who is unable to solo like it used to solo at lower levels.At higher level the toon must be made so that it can atleast kill 3 - 4 orange mobs before going for meditation.Buying and implementing elixers and getting high stats according to the character are very important and will be only known after the same character is repeated twice.You cannot die in this game , as your 1000 kills give you a blood essence and its much required to organize weapon damage with low strength and dexerity statistics.

If you want to just grind your way through this game , welcome to killing 7 times the mobs as you need to kill when you are pursuing just orange ones , moreover the loot drops at around 20% , so yeah welcome to horrible economy. If you can make a toon that is so supported that it can kill reds the game will be very fast paced and your levels will come very soon with a robust economy making your weapons bright and your wardrobe filled with ornaments and life / damage increasing clothes.

After a long while finally a game came with two distinct ways of playing it , one is the general way when you kill as many monsters and shout out party and get bored to level up which gets harder and harder as you move on while the other is work with quite a number of toons and boost one toon to kill orange always and greater in quantity before going for meditation if not the mighty red ones.

Indeed a complicated and highly twinking oriented game which can also be played the grinding way which is all about click and kill rather than the intelligent way which is starting with a toon at loosing self level fitted with 8 dodge accessories that costs 10k each at hefei general store and a simple weapon refined to +2 along with def up clothes if you can twink more.I know this sounds crazy but you know this way you can just kill the reds and get the maximum xp and maximum drop rates.

Well above one is just a way and to kill the reds there are many ways which twinkers will eventually master. If you love twinking be ready for a feast to your thinking and all the experience in playing games.

Welcome to both types of gameplay , this game will rock once released and will be very difficult to master , i guess.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• DemandriusDemandrius Member Posts: 2
    I played the game for about 2 months, got a few characters levelled up, and overall had a fun time. However, as of right now, it really is a grindfest. There simply isn't anything else to do except grind to train your characters. Well, there are occasional quests, but they will take up perhaps 1% of your game time. The only other things to do would be to go to the main town (Hefei) to trade and look for good deals, and go down to the bloody plains to do some PvP.
  • methmeth Member Posts: 28
    another L2 clone,  such crap
  • D4rkSoulD4rkSoul Member Posts: 12

Anyone here knows a good MMORPG that`s free and very good?? i like Fantasy i liked 9dragons and KALonline cuz i like the good graphics and cool skills + nice armors.  Anyone knows a good one cuz im kindaaaahhh boored atm

thx for replies >>>.>>>

They say Wisdom comes with the ages.......well, my grandpa isn`t THAT smart.

To whoever is trying to play 9Dragons.

At first the game looks cool.But at higher end there is really very limited things the game can offer to take you higher up.I ended playing at Raising Light 6 stage as the game got really weird.A few weird things that happened.

My toon was a sacred flower mistress of cloud.I was using wheels and the wheel skill is maxed to 10 , but i found that the mistress of cloud has no wheel skill higher up to go on.Thus damage sucked i needed a long time to level up with the levelling as now levelling is a long tedious process.Economy is also very stingy.You do not have enough cash to spare to experiment a bit.I changed my toon to mistress of war to get a better damage as the mistress of cloud had a number of wheel skills , but to my astonishment after chi reconditioning and getting new skills and making my str to as high as 122 the damage is quite low for the orange monsters that can give you if not fast but moderate levelling.In the process i lost the mistress of cloud precious healing skills.

So in a box or in short i would say its a good game but i guess its mighty tough for me , though i am a hardcore gamer and leveller.Yes i am aware of the fact that the upper comments have said , there is really nothing at all to do after this stage.There is conquerer caves and i could not stay alive there and there is choice of fate and yeah it is kind of clumsy without team.Thus you are left with Datong and leveling and its going to be very slow.

At hefei market i find some good clothing that give hp but i am unable to find where i can really have them , the clothing is green and thus it should be some quest reward , but at RL6 you need to go to RL7 for a new quest , so it seems its kind of unplayable at the moment.

According to 9Dragons forums , your weapon cannot break at before +4 refinement but in reality my wheel broke at +4 refinement.So stay alert when refining.

Economy is really horrible, Drops are as scanty as possible.Player shops are nice but as a seller you will find a tough time selling your stuff even if you see others selling those stuff and you make your price way lower.

Personal comment , " May be its too tough a game higher up or may be i am not quite able to find a way yet ".

Geez , this f2p also lasted a month only.

Cheers 

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

• RansomDentonRansomDenton Member Posts: 111
    IDk why but I really like this game. The quests are str8 up boring at low levels or NON exixtant. But after playing it for hours and hours I really like playing it for some reason. I would add it is NOT for everyone but it is fun for me.
    Well here are few points that got 9Dragons as an icon only in my desktop.

At higher levels the leveling got really slow.Reconfigured Chi and moved to the highest damage type of sacred flowers and that is mistress of war from mistress of cloud but damage seemed to be not that appealing.Casting buff training is a boring silly thing i guess , it would be fantastic if they could just give the levels by how many minutes the buff runs in another player and then again you cannot buff someone who has already a higher buff running , this will initiate the buff training fun and the higher level buff trainers will seek out lower players to buff them , thus lower players are always buffed and the buffing process makes it an added fun part.Quests dry out at RL5 onwards and this only leveling and killing monsters is a bit nerdy and yes boring indeed.Public dungeons is what the game needs rather than that silly choice of fate which is very much team making depended and there are not enough players to make it happen for you.Hero bands should not be concentrated into just dark clans and white clans as often hero bands provide a way of communicating and trading and nice duel arrangements.The most irritating part was making shout an item mall portion , thus the one look at the chat window makes you feel lonely in this game.

These are petty much , hope this game will improve as it is in open beta still now and then will log back again to see if it appeals that much.No point in making horrible economy as players like to experiment and tweak and this is an interesting portion in an mmorpg.L2 got killed nearly with this horrible economy with players getting limited scope to experiment and the player markets not that vibrant as all are looking to make the most from their booty.

Cheers

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• JPR1985JPR1985 Member Posts: 212

Well here is the thing, this game is extremely fun but only for 1-3 weeks (depending on how much gaming time you can give to it).

After about a week fo playing i was at a point where every kill gave me .03% experience and I would only get a quest once leveled and that happens frequently. At the beginning you have quite a few quests, abut as you go further and further the quests thin out to 2-3 per level, and you cannot do anymore till you level (sometimes you have to level twice or 3 times to get another quest).

But for a free game it is def. worth playing becaus eit really is different at the begnning when you start, just don't buy items from the virtual mall because this game loses appeal when you reach a certain point very fast. 

I am with the same opinion as the above post.

Cheers

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• zerathoszerathos Member Posts: 11

Hi all,

I am actually at RL12, the game is not that bad and the grinding is ok. It depends if you like grinding games. I get like .13 exp per monster. But I know at higher lvl one can even get .05 exp per monster. It's very important to know what to do and not to mess up.  And that's why the forum and hero band / guild are made for, to help new players. I guess you made have already find out that you made the wrong choice when you got mistress of cloud. You need to read the instruction for what type of job you want before choosing (the npc tell you the description of the job before clicking it and warn you if you really want the class). There are 4 classes and they differ a lot in the choice of weapon. For instance:

Warrior: The character that can heal high damage per second like a rogue or assasin in other types of mmorpg. Very strong and with a dash/stun skill. His smash or attack skill is the best compared to others. However, this character cannot tank at all even though he get agro managment skills (i hope acclaim change this). This job/class is consider the best PVP.

Healer: He heal. DUH. HAHA. This character most of the time use low damage weapon. However this character is consider the best PVE because of his heal ability. They have incredible buff skills.

Hybrid: He is the class that is between the healer and the warrior. He should be considered the tanker of the game. This character uses different ability to stun/slow/paralize but almost nobody really uses them. This class has one buff skills but is pritty good.

Caster: Caster are strong. They can deal a lot of damage and at a distance. Most of the time he can kill stronger monster (ornage) far away because of his slow/paralize ability.

Economy is ok. Prices are not out of control but high lvl elixer is way to expensive. Blood Essence is like 100k and I believe is a good price because getting those item at high lvl is easy.

The game is pritty good and is very nice. However when you get to RC it gets harder to train. So if you dont plan to stick to the game, just leave because later grinding is worst. I dont know why people say griding is that bad. Have u guys play other games? Like Ragnarok Online, L2, and other Asian MMORPGs, they are all about grinding. If you want to lvl fast and play a casual game, you should try games made in the United States (WoW or Lotro).

Thanks.

To Sourajit Nandi

Hi,

I am not sure what is your point. You are proving you are bad playing 9dragon. READ THE CLASS DESCRIPTION BEFORE CLICKING IT. You got mistress of cloud and that is a hybrid not a warrior, you should have asked someone or read the forum about the class difference. It is very important and like any other mmorpg, it makes a difference. I mean you wanted "mistress of war" the one that use powerfull attack skills, but you got another class and you say that the game got really wierd for you. Yes, the game got wierd because you got a wrong class.And when you changed your class (reconditioning chi) you lost all skills, including the heal one. Also, you just started using your lvl 1 smash, that is very weak. That's why you say that even though you change, you was weak. That is because your skill at that high lvl was just to low. It is just like get all new set of skill that doesnt suppose to be used at that point. Think about it, if you have gotten the warrior class at first, the game will have gone smooth. IT IS NOT THE GAME FAULT THAT IT WAS WIERD, IT WAS YOUR FAULT.

Economy is not bad. It may seem bad for people that havent reach high lvl. It is hard to get item if you fight white or lower monster. If you kill yellow or orange monster, drop will be very nice.

Ya you might say that this game get very repetitive at the end and you need a team to go to CC or other instances. However, I am in a Hero Band and it is not that hard for us to make a team to do instances. Sometimes high lvl member in my guild will ask if anyone will wanna go do instances for elixer.

In conclusion, this game was not that great for you because you made some bad choices but I hope you dont critize the game because of your fault. At least it gave you the option of changing jobs. (Something i dont see in other mmorpgs).

“I guess you made have already find out that you made the wrong choice when you got mistress of cloud.”

“Hybrid: He is the class that is between the healer and the warrior. He should be considered the tanker of the game. This character uses different ability to stun/slow/paralize but almost nobody really uses them. This class has one buff skills but is pritty good “

I am not sure what is your point. You are proving you are bad playing 9dragon. READ THE CLASS DESCRIPTION BEFORE CLICKING IT. You got mistress of cloud and that is a hybrid not a warrior, you should have asked someone or read the forum about the class difference. It is very important and like any other mmorpg, it makes a difference. I mean you wanted "mistress of war" the one that use powerfull attack skills, but you got another class and you say that the game got really wierd for you. Yes, the game got wierd because you got a wrong class.And when you changed your class (reconditioning chi) you lost all skills, including the heal one. Also, you just started using your lvl 1 smash, that is very weak. That's why you say that even though you change, you was weak. That is because your skill at that high lvl was just to low. It is just like get all new set of skill that doesnt suppose to be used at that point. Think about it, if you have gotten the warrior class at first, the game will have gone smooth. IT IS NOT THE GAME FAULT THAT IT WAS WIERD, IT WAS YOUR FAULT.

By Zerathos.

Reply to your above two posts :-

Well I knew I was getting into mistress of cloud a class which has more or less good of both worlds, warrior / healer. I don’t object here. I object at the point that it is a hybrid class and it has a touch of  the other classes then why should you restrict the weapon of a hybrid class to its daggers only at higher levels while the starting has wheels , it should be the hybrid’s choice between wheels / dagger. Thus with choice of weapon, the hybrid have no choice , it has to use a dagger if also it’s a hybrid and it likes wheels .

( THIS CONCEPT IS WEIRD )

Secondly if you have chi reconditioning at such a high level, when somebody does change class he will have all skills at restart including buff skills.

Well I never wanted mistress of war , I just had to change to mistress of war to get the damage high so that I can at least solo a level in a month may be but the system of skill restart made the damage similar to my mistress of clouds at a few earlier level though I put enough chi into strength.

When I say the game is weird I don’t say the game has developmental flaws or something, but what I say is the game is weird as the options it gives, no one will take them as they take your character to character delete. May be many players like to be clones in character creation in games but I seek complete character uniqueness, so forums and hero bands are not a place for me, frankly after so much of gaming for so many past years I don’t think I would love to make my character just like another character of the same class, quest is uniqueness here ….. 

“In conclusion, this game was not that great for you because you made some bad choices but I hope you dont critize the game because of your fault.”

By beloved Zerathos.

Well wrong choices , I play Mmorpgs to make characters unique and that uniqueness wins PvPs , wrong choices in respect to whose choices ? , well I am not trying to make a clone toon here , a clone character taken out of forums , I am trying to test the games depth and its character customization with levels. Class change if it is there has to be effective, it shouldn’t be there for like just an option.

Very true, experimenting with character customization is surely a fault when the game wants all the characters to be same in all manner under a same class.

” are you telling me that 9Dragons have no scope for character uniqueness , but has forums and hero bands to produce identical toons to just grind and level up and grind more ? “

( THIS CONCEPT IS WEIRD SPECIALLY IN AN MMORPG )

Cheers

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

HI,

I will start reading each part and trying my best to explain why this game or concept is not that wierd. I hope you can understand it. Another thing to keep in mind, this game is about real martial arts. Maybe it is not 100% real but it tries to mimic it.

WEAPONS: First of all, about the type of weapon you can use and the skills that goes with it. Your point is that why in the bigining you can use 2 weapons and end up having skill for only one weapon at higher games. First of all, having 2 weapons for one character is great. Some other games only allow you to use one weapon from the bigining to end. To begin with, You start as a novice/noob/newcharacter/baby/no-experience and the game allow you to test 2 weapons and see which one you like. You like dagger, you get a job that is good with dagger, you like wheel, you get a job that is good with wheels. What is wrong with this idea? Have you play Ragnarok Online? It is the same, your first job, you can use 2 weapons (most of the time) but later on, you specialize and you change your weapon. In RO, a swordman can use 1-handed and 2-handed but when you change to second job, you CAN still use the 2 weapons BUT you get more skills for one weapon that make it stronger. Isnt it the same as this game. You CAN still use wheel and dagger BUT you get more skills for one weapon that make it stronger. If you think this is wierd, have you play other games? And martial arts is about becoming good at one class, damage class becomes stronger specializing with wheels. Do you still think is wierd about the weapons?

RECONDITIONING CHI (job reset): Think about this. Do you think that you change job and still have heal and buffs? So a a healer get all the buffs and skills then reset to warrior. Now he got a warrior with healer ability. WOW THAT IS OWNAGE, this game will become full of soloer, nobody will party because they all has heal skills and everyone will get healer then become warrior or healer then become caster. Do you still think that this is great? I also think that a game that mixes job is good but it make unbalances. Not many games has job changers that allow you to change another class. Do you still think is wierd that they reset all the skills?Weak when you change: I guess you use the smashing and the active skills to do damage right? Do you even use the stun skills that you have? i have seen warrior that can use a skill and do about 25-50% the life on a monster. You know why you couldnt do higher damage? because when you reset and get a new job, and you go and get new skills for that job (in this case warrior) your skills are at lvl 1 (cheng 1). So guess what? lvl 1 skill killing monster that normally people will use lvl +5. Do you still think is wierd that the damage for you is different? Ask other player that has warrior, they do a lot more damage than hybrid. By the way, I am a hybrid.

Hero Bands: You say that you didnt join a hero band and you didnt check the forum right because of character uniqueness. True, if you really want to experiment yourself, then go ahead and try it. It is just like the real world. If you want to go ahead and try to get a job blindly without asking anyone about how is the best way of getting a good impresion in the interview, then go ahead and try your best. But asking someone advise, doesnt make you copy it 100%. We are all different. Hero bands and forum are for helps and tips and people that have experimented to say some of his findings. For example, Someone say in the forum, str is better than dex because str increases def and in the end def is more helpfull than dex. That is his opinion. I can take it and test it but it wont be the same. Its not copy paste. It is more like know what other thing and have know to use it in your favor. 

Something more, havent you ever wonder how some skill work? Isnt it so wierd that one cant even understand how much damage a skill does, forums are the best place to go for that.

UNIQUENESS: What other games give you 100% uniqueness? You will always find people similar to you. Like in Lotro, WoW, RO, Flyff, Scions of Fate. If you really want like a 100% uniquess then wait for a couple of years until they realize something like .Hack//

Some games you can create a unique character because not many players are in the game. Think about it, are you the only person that though the same thing? In a game that has 500,000 players, do you think you will be unique? Sure this game limit you to be unique. But it provide so many different cloths, a lot of weapon, different weapons with different stats, elixers, it doesnt have a mount =P and what else? good and bad karma (wierd system) a rage system that sucks, many things that other mmorpg doesnt have.

I dont think this mmorpg is unique. It has the same old rpg style. Go lvl then get a better item, do some quest, follow the storyline and kill and kill AND KILL MORE AND MORE!!!. Isnt that what mmorpg is this days about? Look at the mmorpgs, so many of them is about going out there and killing =P kind of bloody isnt it?

Uniqueness not always win pvp. The thing that wins pvp is taking advantage of all the information you know. Information like skills,

And hero band is not just a place to ask and copy something. Hero band doesnt limit uniqueness. Its about helping new players, and to get a team to do some quest/hunt/instance. Some people with the same ideas and jokes really makes a MMORPG UNIQUE. MMORPG is made for interaction of many players.

Thanks,

I hope I have explain it well. Sorry, English is not my first language.

• RizlawRizlaw Member UncommonPosts: 150

Very well-written thread. Your english is fine.

• DougallDougall Member Posts: 32
    this is the best free azn grind game,played in beta i enjoyed the game and the lack off ppl but now it`s a pop game and the servers are full of ppl fighting over mobs and the maps aren`t so big put me right off it will turn into silkroad given time
  • D4rkSoulD4rkSoul Member Posts: 12

I liked the game to but the grinding and the lag made me stop.

Though i think it`s a realy realy good game but it isn`t worth a 8...

They say Wisdom comes with the ages.......well, my grandpa isn`t THAT smart.

ya... pritty good free game indeed... lag is getting worst as server is getting full... like dougall say before, many people think this game will turn out like a silkroad online... where there is massive bots, server full of bots that nobody can ever enter (not even admin/gm can enter because of bot). However, even though 9dragon and silkroad has some similarities, there are a lot of differences and the mayor differences is the people incharge of the game. Acclaim and joymax are 2 different indentity. Joymax has spoil SRO because of the bot. I dont think that is going to happen with Acclaim support, mod and in game gms.

@darksoul

True, a very good game but maybe not worth a 8. It depends on the player. However, EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THAT MMORPG has the worst ranking ever. =P And some reviews doesnt help at all. It depends a lot about the game and the community that likes the game. A lot of poeple just like to drop a lot of 10 around and help the ranking. There is no restriction to ever vote. Also, some games decline in gameplay, but the ranking still has it high.

Thanks