Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it me, or do Alliance players always seem childish??

2»

Comments

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Yes, a lot of children play this game and do what you come to expect from children when they get bored. Just smile and move on I would say. They roled the wrong server (PvE instead of PvP), but Blizzard gave us no way to give them good advice in game. Maybe they should even be looking for a new game, but again no way to give them this insight.

--
    Delanor

• ProdudeProdude Member Posts: 353

Bottom line it will vary from server to server. I have characters on several different servers mostly PvE but a couple on PvP also.

I find the childish immature play is about the same. It's not accurate to definitely say one is more childish than the other.

My very first character was a NE female Hunter on Stormrage.

I will never forget the first time I ventured out far from a city solo exploring. I was maybe lvl 20ish and encountered 3 Horde players lvl 40+. They came up and challenged me to duel, taunted, with /chicken AND making sexual gestured for 10 minutes or more. I just sat down and waited til they finally left. Several minutes later the appeared again and it statrted all over.

I logged for the night....

After TBC I wanted to try a Blood Elf. As sson as I left the training grounds I was astonished at the continuous general chat dissing Alliance players as being Stupid and Immature....

My experience has been that Horde appear more confrontational, which I consider Juvenile, but there are good people that play both sides.

You make it the game what it is yourself, just like Real Life. Only reason I posted to this thread is because I feel it was not necessary to perpetuate something that is not that important in the first place.

• twolfertwolfer Member Posts: 72

i have noticed that alliance is a bit bore childish...mainly cause of all the "Cute" character models.

but besides that....for the OP:

those players that were harrasing you...are skulls to you....and on top of that they are on a PvE server....they are therefore loosers.  you may have even been able to beat them....im sure they were that bad.

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    From my experience teens seems to enjoy playing characters that seem more like "monsters", so they tend to play Horde.

Therefore the children are more or less Horde than  Alliance.

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• MithrunMithrun Member Posts: 23
    the childish players are on both horde & alliance,

its an mmo, expect it on both sides,  only thing u can do is just ignore it, it doesnt matter what faction ur on, they'll be there whether u like it or not

I didn't realize there were so many WoW clones...seeing WoW was the first MMO ever made..oh wait, wasn't there something before WoW, another MMO or 2 or 3 or ....

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Mithrun

the childish players are on both horde & alliance,

its an mmo, expect it on both sides,  only thing u can do is just ignore it, it doesnt matter what faction ur on, they'll be there whether u like it or not
    Yeah, but there are less on the horde side from what I've experienced. I played on the alliance side since launch and quite frankly, it was bad. A couple of months ago I rerolled horde on another server and haven't regretted one bit.
  • SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Pot, meet kettle.
    Have a nice day.

(And ya, the ide a falls under the same mentality as the "Why are THEY always coming in groups killing me?!"

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• GurosanGurosan Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Yup childish players are in both sides but mostly in alliance, and now horde hawe lot more lil kids when blood elves appiered...i played in alliance but i got bored thers only kids and few older ppls, so i go to horde and u know im doin ok few beggers few lil annoyink kids but all rest ppls are normal..lot of kids just dont take horde cuz alliance characters are more cute? anyways alliance got really lots of kids 12-15 whoa..
  • BreakOfDawnBreakOfDawn Member Posts: 5
    Tarren Mill. Gotta hate that place to shreds. I was doing rogue quest and claiming poisons skill there and I was killed 3 times until I succeeded. I was always ganked by same nelf hunter. And her lvl showed as ?? to me.

It would be okey if they were lvl 30, same lvl as you, so you'd even stand a lilttle chance. But they're 60-70... that's no fun.
  • theloversthelovers Member Posts: 6
    I have played both sides of the fence.  They are one and the same.  Great people on each side.  Also some not so great people
  • mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

I've learned that a very large majority of the WoW community is "childish" and has no boundries. 

• Krupin9Krupin9 Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Biohunter

Just an observation but, Alliance players appear to LOVE harassing Horde players. For instance I was walking by myself to Taren mill (pvp not on) and 4 flagged alliance players followed me for about 3 full minutes all doing there cute little "/chicken" trying to get me to attack them. This is my 2nd character, a level 22 Paladin mind you. All of them were ?? for me. Granted this may seem small in comparison to other issue's but the point is I dont have pvp for a reason. Why do these people feel the need to harass you? Thats just an example as Ive had many other run ins with immature alliance players. Im sure The horde has there fair share but being Horde I guess I dont see it as much. In discussions with other WOW player, Im apparently not the first to notice............
    Indeed, most of the allis seems to be kids with problems. Why they are not playing on pvp server?
  • KinslayerXKinslayerX Member Posts: 87
    There are idiots on both sides, saying one side is worse than the other is like saying people with brown eyes are more intelligent than people with blue eyes.

The only reason it appears tehre are more idiots Alliance side is because, generally, there are a lot more Alliance players than Horde ones. More players = more idiots but there's still roughly the same percentage overall. I've played both Horde and Alliance toons extensively on a variety of servers and the only real differences I've noticed are not to do with which faction people play for but which server type they're on with PvP servers seeming to attract more of the mouthy little kids than RP ones.

CoH/CoV - D-Zol/Kinslayer
    Auto Assault - Slayer
    WoW, LOTRO, DDO - Kinsul
    Matrix Online - Tempest